Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 5:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sinus Buster »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sinus Buster
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sinus Buster  (Read 1407 times)
ShootMePlz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Sinus Buster
« on: Jan 1st, 2006, 9:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Suffering & lurker here..... my mother in law (whose a nurse & always looking for an answer) just called recommending giving this product a shot.

I couldn't find anything on prior posts except a small thread that didn't contain any information.... any one?

~ A ~
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: Sinus Buster
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 9:18pm »

Uh...exactly WHAT product are you referring to here?

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 9:53pm »

on Jan 1st, 2006, 9:16pm, ShootMePlz wrote:

I couldn't find anything on prior posts except a small thread that didn't contain any information.... any one?

99% nyet, a few folks yelling YEAH, and the rest not bothering with it. Mostly, considered a foul ball.

See Civimide Trials.
RJ
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2006, 9:58pm by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
ShootMePlz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 10:26pm »

Sorry, was asking about the nasal spray.  This is some of what I read on the site www.sinusbuster.com :

~ A ~

=========
I have been suffering for 6 long weeks with horrible mind bending cluster headaches. Someone at work had mentioned a treatment that was derived from pepper spray and I thought he was nuts. ...... I thought I would give it a try since the Imitrex I was taking along with the three advils every 4 hours were probably going to kill me ..... I tried it and MAN-O-MAN!!!!!! Talk about a blast of relief! I probably squeezed a little too much the first try as I was doing the pain dance. I wish I would have known about this product sooner. Thanks for an excellent and almost instant end to my cluster headaches. So your little $9 bottle has replaced two Imitrex, and 18 advils per day. Oh, by the way, last night was the first full night of sleep I have had in 6 weeks and without any medication and awoke without the lovely piercing headache.  
============
My brother had cluster headaches for many years, and nothing his doctor did seemed to help. Then he heard about sinus buster. He tried it and hasn't had a cluster headache since. He uses his spray daily to prevent having headaches.  
============

IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 10:28pm »

You'd be better off using Texas Pete according to most who have tried it.

Do you have anything else to abort your attacks?

Oxygen? Triptans?

Good luck!!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
ShootMePlz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 11:22pm »

I have been episodic since 1998 with 2-3 month cycles coming two years apart (I know by some I'm lucky I get the 2 yrs free).  During the begining I played the test subject for most of the preventatives with nothing working.  

This recent cycle I finally took the shroom approach (1 treatment so far) that reduced my every 4 hour attacks lasting up to 2 hours to only a few attacks a day.  Only down side is they aren't on schedule so its difficult to prepare.

Given the shortage of the shrooms for a 2nd dose I fell to the hands of my neuro who is starting me on the Vap treatment and O2 and the battle with the insurance company on the Trex stat dose.  I also take Melatonin.  

All the while searching for the ever ellusive "magic mixture" that will work for me.

~ A ~
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 2:41pm »

on Jan 1st, 2006, 11:22pm, ShootMePlz wrote:
All the while searching for the ever ellusive "magic mixture" that will work for me.

~ A ~

Mine was 600 mgs Lithium and 480 mgs Verapamil a day.

It stopped 85% of HA's from ever breaking through.

Good luck in your search!!

..........................jonny
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

cmoore
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusterbuster

chrismo5555
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:29pm »

If you have not been on clusterbusters in a while, or if you have not seen anything about seeds containing LSA, you might want to look into it. Very similar to the shrooms. There are a few threads about people, me being one of them, having some success with RC Seeds.

or on the clusterbusters site:
http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm
IP Logged
ShootMePlz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:00pm »

I have seen the post about the seeds as I've been lurking around reading everything I can get my hands on again since my recent cycle started in mid-November.  Sad to say fear kept me from expanding beyond modern medicine until I couldn't take it any longer and took the plung with the shroom.

Its funny because I've on again/off again dabbled with X during the past year and I have found that if I take just a chip or a quarter of good quality product I can reduce the number of attacks as well.  When that supply ran dry the shrooms seemed like a higher alternative to the X so I went for it.

I am fighting to local a 10 liter O2 tank during this holiday season in Florida with all the retirees back in town so the only thing I have to fall back on is my Vap treatment which I started about 4 days ago and the last 2/3 of my Trex stat dose and my Melantonin.  Amazingly its been 24 hrs since my last attack so perhaps I've found the answer.

As always, I guess time will only tell.  I would like to however, perhaps stock up on some seeds for the next time... what is the shelf life for them?

~ A ~
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:42pm »

Verap usually takes a good 2 weeks to reach therapudic levels, so you may be lucky and your cycle is coming to an end already.  

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
ShootMePlz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:58pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2006, 7:42pm, Redd715 wrote:
Verap usually takes a good 2 weeks to reach therapudic levels, so you may be lucky and your cycle is coming to an end already.  

ssssshhhhhh, don't jinx me (but the fingers are crossed and my faith there is a God restored..... for now)

~ A ~
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss