Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 10:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen??  (Read 1746 times)
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

Re: Oxygen??
« Reply #25 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have my tank under my desk.  My employers haven't said anything about it.
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:31pm »

I go through 2 security checkpoints with badge swipe access before I get to my area. The 2nd one does random searches of bags, etc. as people come in. I would never be able to sneak one in Undecided
IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #27 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 2:44pm »

I had same trouble with bringing to work and was told I could if I could provide a MSD sheet/ and safety regulations for it. so needless to say it still aint here.
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 4:38pm »

I've always gone by the creed it's easier to beg forgiveness then to ask permission! I smuggle my tanks into work in a long gym bag! I'm in California and we have to re-up our RX every 12 months. So if you're absent minded like me, and a Kaiser patient like me, you can find yourself high and dry after a 2 year break! Someone here tipped me off about welding oxygen being okay in a pinch! My neighbors oxy acetelyne rig has bailed me out more then once!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 4:53pm »

on Jan 9th, 2006, 4:38pm, Guiseppi wrote:
Someone here tipped me off about welding oxygen being okay in a pinch!

I have to beg to differ on this.  Welding 02 is much better than "in a pinch".  It is tremendously less expensive and much easier to fill than medical 02.  At least in my experience....and I go through a hell of a lot of 02.  I do have 10 E tanks, that I own.....I fill them from my large welding tanks.  

I can fill my large H (i think that's it) tank for $23.00.  As often as I am on the 02, this size tank will last me from 7-10 days, even with the 25lpm regulator on it.

The E tanks are great for mobility.....but you cannot beat the amount and the price of welding 02.  Most of our welding shops will also fill your medical 02 if you show them your prescription....cheaper than going through the middle man.

Roxy
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss