Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Exercise »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Exercise
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Exercise  (Read 766 times)
JenLynFin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Exercise
« on: Jan 14th, 2006, 3:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I read a topic on here earlier today from someone who said they ran a quarter of a mile during an attack.  I knew I couldn't muster up that much energy (I usually don't even pace during an attack, I use more of the sit on the edge of my bed and rock back and forth approach), but I have a friend over tonight so I knew I had to get out of the bedroom during the attack.  I had my routine 230-ish CH at 238 am.  I went outside and walked around my apartment building counting my steps backwards and forwards to and from 100.  By the time I had reached 1 again, the CH was gone.  I mean GONE.  Freakin' PAIN FREE, kids!  It went from about an 8 or 9 on the kip scale to nothing.  Something about the repetition of counting my steps was comforting and kept my mind off the CH.

Now, I realize that this could be a fluke, and I'm going to try it from now on and keep you posted, but it is 302am in TN.  I had a major CH less than 20 minutes ago.  They normally last at least an hour for me.  If you think this will work for you, TRY IT.  

Jen  

IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Re: Exercise
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 4:01am »

Some folks exercise vigorously, and abort. Others exercise, and induce a CH. It's a crap shoot.

on Jan 14th, 2006, 3:06am, JenLynFin wrote:
but I have a friend over tonight so I knew I had to get out of the bedroom during the attack.

If this means you're still a Virgin, then there's an opening at the The Palace for you.
On the bedroom theme, tho......there's several folks that have sworn by a sweaty encounter (no time for foreplay) as a quick abortive.

Alas.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
tgardpak
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let up for a second and thats where you'll finish

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 2:21pm »

Having suffered with these aberrations for 20+ years I to have found exercise does the trick for me.  I just get my heart rate up by running in place or doing 25-50 jumping jacks and BAM its gone, usually only wake up once a night.  Going through a bout for the last few weeks yesterday had one in the afternoon and actually ran in place inside my FEDEX truck for about a minute and it was gone.  I have found a link between the barometric pressure and these attacks anybody else notice this?

Tom Huh
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 10:40pm »

Jenlyn

For me slow and easy works best in the excersize department.
To be even more effective its gotta burn a little.
I do it every day many times per day and night, Also counting every motion. Dont know why but the repetition of count and motion does wonders, if nothing else its a great distraction. Keep it up.  
Like I have said before we might as well get some benefit out of these damn CH.

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 10:10am »

When in cycle, anytime that I exercise and get my heart rate up it triggers a headache for me.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 10:29am »

Jen,

fantastic that exercise works for you! I'm all for methods to abort the beast without meds. Smiley
In my case, unfourtainly, exercise has not helped. I've been pf since April, but when I'll need to fight against the devil again, I'll try your method first. It's so much better than imigran injections! Grin

Best wishes & PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 10:59am »

I'm a workout nut whether in or out of cycle. I tried the running thing when a headache started but never got relief from it. On the other hand it's never triggered a headache! So the only thing that stays consistent is the beasts ability to be inconsistent!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 12:09pm »

I have had to work through small attacks but when I am slammed there isnt anyway  I can just take off and run or workout.  I cant imagine anybody being able to do anything durring a 9-10 kip.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
tgardpak
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let up for a second and thats where you'll finish

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 8:55pm »

Well I live in the country so you have to understand when I discovered this I was in so much pain I just took off in my underwear Grin and ran cussing and screaming @the beast nobody heard me or saw me, however the next day when I told my wife she was laughing saying please wake me because that has to be a sight!! laugh  Now in the warm weather I leave my Nikes by the door and sleep in basketball shorts laugh
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 7:20am »

Quote:
I cant imagine anybody being able to do anything durring a 9-10 kip.

The trick is to get going before it gets to that level.

I wake up with one starting.  Grab my robe and head downstairs.  Stop at the fridge to grab the icepack.  Into the family room and start doing squats.  After a minute or two, when my legs are really burning and I'm huffing and puffing, I sit down and apply the icepack.  Concentrate on deep breathing for about 5 minutes and the attack is gone.

Now that I'm getting old, I find I can get the same results from O2.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss