Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 2:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 2006 OUCH Convention INFO! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Milwaukee 2006
(Moderator: DJ)
   2006 OUCH Convention INFO!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2006 OUCH Convention INFO!  (Read 18482 times)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: 2006 OUCH Convention INFO!
« Reply #75 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 7:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome aboard Caroline.....cant wait to meet you and the hubby, Ill be the freak nobody wants to stand next to Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2006, 7:17pm by Jonny » IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #76 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 7:23pm »

on Mar 1st, 2006, 7:17pm, Jonny wrote:
Ill be the freak nobody wants to stand next to Grin

Oh what a load of crap, LOL. You never stand still long enough to get next to. The most common phrase in Dallas last year:
"Where's Jonny?"  
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2006, 11:53pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #77 on: Mar 1st, 2006, 11:33pm »

Nani,
That's the most common phrase EVERY Convention, lol.

Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #78 on: Mar 12th, 2006, 11:52am »

Just booked!
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #79 on: Mar 12th, 2006, 2:18pm »

BLOODY BRILLIANT!! and if you can't here me yelling that from here Patti then you've got cloth ears!  Grin

Oooooooh Ican'twaittilJuly!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

« Reply #80 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 2:43pm »

Fuckeneh  Wish we could be there but maybe next year, where will it be.?
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #81 on: Mar 14th, 2006, 6:34pm »

We don't know yet, Louise. Someone has to volunteer to host it. Mostly, they just do the local stuff and work with the convention committee.
IP Logged

lashultz
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #82 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 7:30pm »

Went to see my doctor and told him about the convention. He is in Northbrook Il. He seemed very interested and has talked highly of this website. I am very happy to see so many people going. Very much looking foward to July, to meet and get to know all of you better.
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #83 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 5:33pm »

on Mar 15th, 2006, 7:30pm, lashultz wrote:
Very much looking foward to July, to meet and get to know all of you better.
I'm glad you will be attending, and I'm really looking forward to meeting a fellow Wisconsin clusterhead. Wink
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #84 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 2:26pm »

The Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches Annual Convention 2006  

When: Thursday July 13, 2006-Sunday July 16 2006
Where: Country Springs Hotel, Water Park, Conference Center  
Waukesha, WI (right outside of Milwaukee)

Room rates: $109.00 single or double, Children 16 years and under may share the same room with  
parents at no additional charge. A charge of $10 per person will be added for each additional adult over two. Rates include a deluxe continental breakfast (Monday through Friday), USA Today (Monday through Friday) and free local phone calls. Room rate also includes wireless Internet in your room and throughout the hotel. Parking is free.  

Country Springs Hotel, Water Park, Conference Center
2810 Golf Road, PO Box 2269
Waukesha, WI 53187-2269
262-547-0201
1-800-247-6640  
http://countryspringshotel.com/default.aspx

The hotel website tells you that there are no vacancies during the convention time frame when you try to make reservations online.  This is not the case.  O.U.C.H. has reserved a block of rooms for the convention.  Please use the 1-800 number listed above to make your reservations and give the OUCH group name when registering for this very reduced rate.  

The 2006 convention will include Friday breakfast, dinner, and ALL Saturday meals. The fee will be announced early next year. We are currently working on major sponsorship for the convention to alleviate a large portion of the cost to our members.  

It will include speakers and program on Friday and Saturday with plenty of time left for socializing. And of course we will have our banquet, auction and entertainment too!

If you would like to volunteer and help, please contact Rori at convention@ouch-us.org.

We look forward to seeing you, your supporters, and your families there!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Presenters at this year's convention will be:

Speaking on Friday, July 14, 2006:  

TBA  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Speaking on Saturday July 15, 2006:  

Andrew Sewell, M.D.

Dr. Andrew Sewell received a BA in physics from Cornell University, a degree in medicine from the University of Connecticut Medical School in Hartford, completed a double residency in neurology and psychiatry at the University of Massachusetts in Worcester, and now works at the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center at Harvard Medical School. He originally started studying cluster headache only in order to answer a fairly academic question about the relationship between abnormal neuroendocrine response by the hypothalamus and increased incidence of substance abuse, but quickly found it to be such and interesting yet understudied disorder that he is now trying to start a research program entirely devoted to cluster headache.

Speaking on Saturday July 15, 2006:  

John Halpern, M.D.

Dr. Halpern is a Harvard Medical School  instructor of psychiatry and as associate director of substance abuse research at Harvard University's McLean Hospital and is at the forefront of a revival of research into psychedelic medicine. He recently received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to give late-stage cancer patients the psychedelic drug MDMA, also known as ecstasy. He is also laying the groundwork for testing LSD as a treatment for cluster headaches.

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2006, 1:15pm by Racer1_NC » IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

« Reply #85 on: Mar 25th, 2006, 10:11am »

I have a ? about items I have to go to OUCH convention for door prizes or such.          Hello everyone I want to know who do I contact to send items I want to donate for door prizes and such for the up coming 2006 OUCH convention. As you all know my best friend Dave did the Ouch model of the stock car Bill
Racer1_NC spots for. Plus I almost have done the OUCH model I am building which is named "BEAST HUNTER" (oh its coming along great and you all will love it its very cool). So far it looks like I will be able to go but incase I cant I have items I want to donate plus my dad has extra Jeff Gordon diecast he wants to donate 2 of them and the place I used to work (CarQuest auto Parts)has given me two items also for OUCH. I will post this also on the general board too cause it looks like not too many people have posted here for awhile. And also DJ I would like to ask you a couple of ?'s and if you could please PM me or email (gore2424@aol.com) I would thank you please. ok thats all for now pfdan's to all. Terry L. Gordon (still at DavCon Iowa)
P.S. Can I represent Ouch and go to local neuro dr's and leave info about the OUCH convention ?
IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ż?ż
I said your hair looks nice Ü
neetnut
New Board Newbie

neetnut
Email

« Reply #86 on: Mar 26th, 2006, 11:37am »

Hi! I don't really get on this site a lot and post, but I must admit reading about this convention makes me want to join in the fun laugh. You guys sound like a roudy bunch. Since I have been having these cluster headaches, fun has almost been out of the question. Alcohol has not touched these lips in quite some time, but willing to live it up with people like you. Hoping to get time off to join in the fun!

Anita
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #87 on: Mar 26th, 2006, 3:53pm »

Anita I really hope you can make it, you'll have the time of your life and that's a promise!
Looking forward to meeting you
Helen  Smiley
IP Logged

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #88 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 10:21am »

on Mar 25th, 2006, 10:11am, gore2424 wrote:
I have a ? about items I have to go to OUCH convention for door prizes or such.          Hello everyone I want to know who do I contact to send items I want to donate for door prizes and such for the up coming 2006 OUCH convention. As you all know my best friend Dave did the Ouch model of the stock car Bill
Racer1_NC spots for. Plus I almost have done the OUCH model I am building which is named "BEAST HUNTER" (oh its coming along great and you all will love it its very cool). So far it looks like I will be able to go but incase I cant I have items I want to donate plus my dad has extra Jeff Gordon diecast he wants to donate 2 of them and the place I used to work (CarQuest auto Parts)has given me two items also for OUCH. I will post this also on the general board too cause it looks like not too many people have posted here for awhile. And also DJ I would like to ask you a couple of ?'s and if you could please PM me or email (gore2424@aol.com) I would thank you please. ok thats all for now pfdan's to all. Terry L. Gordon (still at DavCon Iowa)
P.S. Can I represent Ouch and go to local neuro dr's and leave info about the OUCH convention ?

Terry, the car sounds like it will be a very popular item at the auction.  Thank you for everything.  Contact Rori aka lionsound at convention@ouch-us.org for information on where to send auction items and also check out the MilCon Auction thread, "The FAMOUS Auction needs donations."  

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mil2006;acti on=display;num=1143639414

As far as your local neuros, you can invite them or if you will send me their names and addresses at milconinvite@ouch-us.org, I will make sure they get an official invitation from O.U.C.H. via postal mail.

« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2006, 12:58pm by Gator » IP Logged
blossom
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Life is GOOD!

« Reply #89 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 11:58pm »

I am doing the search for airfare right now.  Chris and I will be there.  We will arrive Thursday early afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon.  Can't wait to see you all again.  

Much love-
Karen
IP Logged

"If I'd of known 30 years ago how your life was going to turn out I'd have drown you at birth!" - what my father said to me on my 30th birthday
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #90 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 12:02am »

I've got the cash for my plane ticket, saving for my room.  Divorce is a beotch!

Can't wait.

pf wishes,

rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
blossom
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Life is GOOD!

« Reply #91 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 12:35am »

Just booked our airline tickets.  I can't wait to see everyone again and Chris can't wait to meet other Clusterheads besides his wife!!!!   Grin

Much love-
Karen and Chris

Ok, just booked the hotel as well!  SHIT, I gotta get the 20 lbs off that I gained from the Neurontin before July!  FUCK!  Oh well.  I'm sure you've all seen cellulite before!   laugh  

BTW - Helen my dear, you better get ready for a HUGE squishy hug from your fat friend!   Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2006, 12:53am by blossom » IP Logged

"If I'd of known 30 years ago how your life was going to turn out I'd have drown you at birth!" - what my father said to me on my 30th birthday
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #92 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 6:46am »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 12:35am, blossom wrote:
BTW - Helen my dear, you better get ready for a HUGE squishy hug from your fat friend!   Grin

Karen you FAT?! LMAO.. I've seen more fat on a butcher's pencil! Now if you want to talk fat lady..  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #93 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 9:32am »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 6:46am, LeLimey wrote:

Now if you want to talk fat lady..  

Then talk about me.  Grin  I still haven't dropped any of my neurontin 40 extra pounds...  Undecided
I gave up, LOL...now there's more of me to love.  Grin
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #94 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 5:31pm »

Ok, ok, ok......I will offer my services and work the extra poundage off of each of you gals. I figure it will only take six hours in jonnys room for each of you, I can promise the first gal will walk out 115 lbs, second gal 120 lbs and the third 125 lbs....Hey!....I get tired Grin

Theres some freaky shit going on behind that door.....LOL   Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

blossom
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Life is GOOD!

« Reply #95 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 8:11pm »

Hmmm, I get to go first if I get to weigh 115 lbs... oh crap, I forgot, I got married!  That means I don't get to wear out the Mule!  Smiley  hmmm, gives me a reason to get my hubby naked though!  Thanks for the idea there, Jonny!  I owe you a block of cheese!   Grin

Much love!
Karen

IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #96 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 8:23pm »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 8:11pm, blossom wrote:
 I owe you a block of cheese!   Grin

Wink
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #97 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 5:22am »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 5:31pm, Jonny wrote:
...six hours in jonnys room for each of you...the first gal will walk out ...

Six hours in your room?!!!! Some of us would never walk again!  Shocked  

guess you'll have to think up another auction prize!
IP Logged

blossom
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Life is GOOD!

« Reply #98 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 9:24pm »

so what kind of trouble are we going to get ourselves into this year?  Anywhere close by the hotel to listen to a good band, dance and drink ourselves into oblivion?  Smiley  That's the ONLY good thing about going chronic... I can drink on occasion!   Wink

Karen
IP Logged

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #99 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 10:25am »

Oh you guys crack me up... laugh
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss