Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My First Post »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My First Post
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My First Post  (Read 884 times)
Shane

Email

My First Post
« on: Feb 14th, 2002, 11:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Smiley Hello everyone,I have been visting this wonderful site for a couple months now and thought it was time to say Hello.
I've been fighting clusters since the fall of 1975.
This last session has been at me since April of 1995.
The level of pain varies over time,but this time just won't leave me be.
I just got an oxygen setup and was wondering how long should I use it and how soon before the beast arrives? (It gets to me at 11:15 pm,give or take)
I have had much help from this site already just reading about other people like me.
Thanks,Shane
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: My First Post
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2002, 11:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I use it until the pain is gone +2-3 minutes more. The general thought on it is to use it no more than 20 minutes at a time, but if the pain isn't gone in 20 minutes but it is decreased from the O2, I'd keep it going till the attack is gone. That said, you should also know that prolonged use of O2 over a long period of time can and very well might cause scarring on your lung tissue. So keep that in mind when you consider what I said above. I think for that reason many people do quit if it's not gone after 20 minutes.  I'm one of the few that doesn't.
 I wouldn't use it until you feel the first twinges of an attack. Not just before you think it might come on.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15th, 2002, 12:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Shane.  

Welcome to our madhouse.  I'm not a user of O2 but eventually someone like Jonny will tell you about it. It may take some time because we're getting used to this new format.  

In any case stick around and keep posting, You should be getting a reply by tomorrow.  Welcome aboard and I guess you have some knowledge how this goofy place works.    

Charlie Cheesy
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Melissa

Email

Welcome Shane!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15th, 2002, 7:27am »

When in cycle, I use O2 at 10-12 liter's per minute, for 5-10 minutes at the first onset of pain.  (hope this helps!)

Welcome to our nutty Wink family, sorry you have to be here...

melissa
IP Logged
David_M

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15th, 2002, 8:30am »

Hey Shane,
I don't have anything to add to the great advice above--my experience with O2 has been fully described!  

But I do want to say welcome home.

David
IP Logged
trip

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15th, 2002, 8:35am »

O2 helps me some what, but not completely.I can abort a headach in 10-16 minutes but it comes back with a vegence in 30 more minuts. So , I pop a cafrigot pr imatrex, pill ,which take about 20-40 minuts to work, and start huffin the O2 right away. The o2, kills the bastard long enough for the pills to start working, Done deal untill the next scheduled attack., But for some reason the o2 works great on those middle of the night ,brain buster's,, 5minutes of huffin' and right back to sleep, no pills needed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss