Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « First post.........just had first "shadow"..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   First post.........just had first "shadow".....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: First post.........just had first "shadow".....  (Read 541 times)
Buzzfan

Email

First post.........just had first "shadow".....
« on: Feb 15th, 2002, 9:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

......now that I know that's what they're called :>Wink........2 nights ago......had something around 6 on the "Kip Scale" last night.  Expecting *sigh* something brutal tonight. :>(

Had my 1st episode of CH in '96....another two years later.......and that's been it until now.  Consider myself very lucky, based on the reading I did on CH back THEN.....and what was out on the 'net 4 years ago PALES compared to what's out there now!

Finding this site and board is somewhat bittersweet.  It's comforting to realize how "not alone" I am with these things.......but it's also something I wouldn't wish upon anyone, so I feel for all the others.

For each of my earlier episodes, I did prednisone protocols and verapamil.  Worked fairly well.....except with the 2nd attack, when the prednisone regimen apparently was just a day or so short of letting the verapamil "catch up" with it......and I ended up in the ER on O2 and with a hip full of demerol and steroids.

Anyway.....just wanted to say "hi!" :>Wink.....and thanks to those who started/run this site and board!

John
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

Re: First post.........just had first "shadow"....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2002, 12:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi John, welcome to ch.com. You are right, this board is certainly bittersweet, but in general it is more sweet than bitter. Having these headaches is horrid enough without having the feeling of being the only cluster freak in this world.  

I hope that your night was better than you expected. What are you using now? Do you have oxygen at home? Have you tried Imitrex? The more you tell us, the more we can hopefully help. So, do tell........

Wishing you pain free days and nights and another really really really long remission very soon.  

Peace and love,
Georgia
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Buzzfan

Email

Thanks, Georgia......and somehow, some way......
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16th, 2002, 8:29pm »

.......I made it thru the night PAIN-FREE!!!  I have no idea if this means that the two prior nights were "false alarms" (PLEASE!!!!) or what, but it definitely was a pleasant surprise.

I went to bed about the normal time (midnight), and took a small dose of some codeine cough med I have left from a bad bout of bronchitis.  I took that just to hopefully help me get past the anxiety of going to bed.

Woke up once and looked at the clock around 3:00, and thought to myself, "Oh, boy.....I wonder how long I have"....but managed to go back to sleep.....and slept thru until the morning!!!

I'm CAUTIOUSLY optimistic about tonight.......as I've never had a 'false alarm' before...so....we'll see!  I'm going to do everything just like last night (don't mess with success, says me! Wink

Hope to have as good a report tomorrow!!!

John
IP Logged
Buzzfan

Email

forgot to answer your ?s....oops! :>)....
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16th, 2002, 8:36pm »

Don't have o2 here.....the only time I've had it was my last ER visit (last episode 4 years ago).  Have used Imitrex inhalers.....but only twice during that episode for 'breakthroughs'.  Don't even have any on-hand anymore.

I had also decided during my last episode that I wasn't very happy with the Dr I had seen (a neuro-opthamologist in ATL), but I just got a couple of names off the OUCH site that I will check on, if needed.

Thanks, again!! Smiley

John
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss