Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HELP »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   HELP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HELP  (Read 646 times)
lady_E

Email

HELP
« on: Feb 17th, 2002, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have suffered with frequent and constant headaches for over 10 years.  It runs in my family.  For a long time I could hardly do anything.  I went to several pain centers and every doctor I was told to go to.  I was a guinea pig.  I am allergic to Imitrex.  My wind pipe closed up in a hospital one day because of it.  So I had to stay with pain killers.  I am going threw a horrible divorce.  My ex is an abuser and I have 3 kids.  We are living with my parents to boot.  To say the least my headaches have no chance of calming down anytime soon!  I have tried yoga and all with no help!  Then about 3 years ago my doctor put me on Oxycontin.  At first the dosage was to high but I have been on 10mg twice a day for almost 2 years.  I can work, play with my kids and have a semi-normal life.  I am by no means pain free and I still have really bad break threw migraines that put me in bed for days.  It's hard when your kids ask you when is mommy going to feel better and you can't answer it.  Now to make matters worse because of all the problems with junkies he now wants to take me off of it and to boot not try anythingelse to help!  I think it is because my insurance has run out and I think he just tired of dealing with it!   Well!  What about me what do I do?  What do my kids do!?!  I volunteer in there school and I work hard to be a good mom who helps with homework and still makes time to play with them.  Now my medicine is threatened because of some junkie in a different state and me and my kids are left to suffer.  I am not one to go looking for something illegal.  So what do I do?

About to lose hope! Cry Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 9:29am »

http://askjeeves.com/main/metaanswer.asp?metaEngine=directhit&origin =0&MetaURL=http%3A%2F%2Fask%2Edirecthit%2Ecom%2Ffcgi%2Dbin%2FRedirURL%2Efcg%3Furl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emigraines%2Eorg%2F%26qry%3Dmigraine%2Bheadaches%26rnk%3D1%26cz%3Dc69d5780f66c8c25%26src%3DDH%5FAsk%5FSRCH&qCategory=hlth&metaTopic=Migraine+Awareness+Group+MAGNUM&ItemOrdinal=0&logQID=C68B6DB093243A4988F5C257FF1114A1&sv=422&back=http%3A%2F%2Faskjeeves%2Ecom%2Fmain%2Faskjeeves%2Easp%3Fask%3Dmigraine%2Bheadaches%26origin%3D0%26site%5Fname%3DJeeves%26metasearch%3Dyes%26ads%3D
IP Logged
lady_E

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 9:43am »

Thanks for the site!

Looked over it.  It has a lot of treatments that I have already had to try.  But, it is nice to know there are many place on the net that a honest sufferer can go and look for help!  I just wish my doctor could see how hard I honestly try other things besides my meds to get relief!  I would give anything to not have to take meds just to feel kind of milder pain so I can function normally!  The whole side of my dads family has the same problem but, unfortunatly we don't all go to the same doc.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 9:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Please be careful with meds, Lady E.   the meds described on this website are for cluster headaches, NOT migraines.  That link that Jonny gave you above is for the MAGNUM website which deals directly with migraine sufferers. Clusters and migraines are very different and what relieves pain for one probably won't work for the other.
I hope you find the relief you're looking for.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
lady_E

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 10:47am »

I thought that because my headaches lasted for several days that meant they were cluster.  According to one of my pain center doctors that was what they were.  I have found a site for me.  No thanks to you guys.  I guess this is a click and not for all sufferers of frequent severe headaches that last for days on end.  

Sorry to have bothered you guys.
Will not happen again
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 11:01am »

Nope. Because your headaches last for several days it means that you DON'T have cluster headaches. You went to a quack. Possibly a headache clinic full of quacks if they'd hire some lousy doctor at a place specializing in headaches and he doesn't know the first thing about CHs. Was it in South Africa?
 If you found the site for you because of the link given to you in this thread, it IS thanks to us/him.
 It's "clique," damnit.
 And no. The last thing this place is is a site for people who have headaches that last for days on end, unless of course they have clusters too.
IP Logged
KingOfPain
New Board Hall of Famer

Disgusted!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 11:59am »

Here is another headache website:
http://www.headachesupportgroups.com/
I hope it helps in your search for answers/help. KOP
IP Logged

Arrived August, 1999.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
- Denis Diderot
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. - Euripides
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 12:31pm »

Hi Lady E

Glad that jonny, Margi and Ted were able to help.

That's what we do here, try to help.  If you don't have clusters, we try to show you to a site that does offer the type of help that you need.

Because our malady is rather rare, we work very hard here to raise awareness to our cause and strive to find meds that work for our population.  We compare notes and have found what works most of the time for a lot of people.  We do not devote time to other illnesses because that's not what we have.  We are spending all of our energy on killing our own demon.

Wishing you pain free days and nights,
Donna
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss