Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need Advice-First Time Sufferer »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need Advice-First Time Sufferer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need Advice-First Time Sufferer  (Read 620 times)
TPrime

Email

Need Advice-First Time Sufferer
« on: Feb 19th, 2002, 1:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

First off thanks for reading my post.  Two weeks ago I was at a restaurant with my wife when all of a sudden out of nowhere the right side of my head started pounding.  The pain was amazing, we immediately left the place and went home.  I lyed down, but was unable to sleep.  Since that horrific day I have been getting at least 2 headaches a day without warning.  Thery are always on the right side of my head, right above my eye, and my right eye tear up.  We did some research and think I have cluster headaches.  

My main problem now is that where I get on the right side of my head, above my eye, where I get the headaches, has now become swollen or is bruised.  It looks like somebody hit me over the head with a bat.    

IS IT NORMAL FOR THE LOCATION OF THE PAIN FROM THE CLUSTER HEADACHE TO GET SWOLLEN OR BRUISED?  I have not read anything about this and wanted to know if anybody else had a similiar situation.  

Please help!
IP Logged
ejwrancher

Email

Re: Need Advice-First Time Sufferer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 2:06pm »

Never heard of any Bruising or Swelling in that area due to Clusters.  I ahve been having them for over 15 years and have never bruised.  Now I have had attacks that were so bad that they made me sore for several hours later  Angry  Might have your Dr. do a MR Angio to make sure nothing funky is going on in there.  Remember, we are dealing with Vessels in the brain and a rupture is no joking matter.  Hope you get better.
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 2:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have had a feeling that my head was bruised for days, to the point I could hardly brush my hair. I have never ever seen a bruise though. It just felt very tender to the touch.
I would still go to see the doctor and get a proper diagnosis of Clusterheadaches. I hope you don't have them, yet if you do, you have found the right place.
We will help you.
Jayne
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
David_M

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 2:46pm »

I've never been swollen or bruised either, and I've had these things for as long as I can remember.  Yes, it's time for you to see a doctor.

Best wishes to you.

David
IP Logged
flapper

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 4:12pm »

# One go see  a nero, My temple swells up after a bad bout, like a knot, good luck, your journey will be hard, but it will make you appreciate the good days
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 4:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

CryOne particularly bad cycle that I had caused the right side of my face to swell.  But that only happened into the 3rd to 4th month.  That cycle I only had 1 ch a day but they were very intense and lasted about 2 hours each.  The right side of head, temple, etc. is very sore and tender to the touch and usually is for as long as I'm in cycle.  Good Luck.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
murphysmom

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 11:58am »

Sorry to hear of your pain. Cry  When I first told my Mother about my having CH she told me about a patient she knew from the VA she worked at years before that had CH and she said that his right eye would bulge out and become very red and blood-shot, that he looked like he had a black-eye.  They sent him immediately to a neurologist.  So I guess...... I don't know, I'm not a doctor I just play one on the computer....BUT I seriously suggest you see a Neurologist NOW.  Your problem sounds serious and this pain is nothing to sneeze at...Good luck Brother.  Murphysmom
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss