Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Will an attack trigger a cycle?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Will an attack trigger a cycle??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Will an attack trigger a cycle??  (Read 632 times)
don

Email

Will an attack trigger a cycle??
« on: Feb 20th, 2002, 7:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Here's something to ponder.

The beast's two favorite allies for coming at me are anger and frustration. If I allow my self to remain angry and frustrated, then the result is as sure as betting the winner in a one horse race. I'll get slammed. Most times I'll get slammed and thats it. All over. However!

Thjere has been times when I've induced an attack that has been followed by 4 months of agony. Did the attack induce the cycle or was it impeccable timing?
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Re: Will an attack trigger a cycle??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 8:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I found when i was episodic, that strong negative emotions did not trigger a cycle but they sure triggered an attack when in cycle...even now as a chronic, negative emotions that produce stress will trigger an attack...But how do we stop those type of emotions when we are in such pain...losing sleep and in constant pain...plus being around people who have no understanding of what chs are all about.....getting emotional is almost impossible for me...If you find an answer, please let me know...smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Holly
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 9:05pm »

Roll Eyes Don,

I just don't know.  If a cycle is going to hit, it will hit.  DOES not matter if it is stress or anger or paint or what the hell you think triggers it.  The melt down has started and all you can do is ride it out.  Try to write down the cycles you have had in the past.  Maybe you can get at lest a time frame for your cycles.  Don, by the way are you chronic or episodic?  Sratch this if your chronic....PFDAN....Holly
IP Logged
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

Agree, Nancy
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 2:38am »

on Feb 20th, 2002, 8:55pm, nancyc wrote:
I found when i was episodic, that strong negative emotions did not trigger a cycle but they sure triggered an attack when in cycle...even now as a chronic, negative emotions that produce stress will trigger an attack...But how do we stop those type of emotions when we are in such pain...losing sleep and in constant pain...plus being around people who have no understanding of what chs are all about.....getting emotional is almost impossible for me...If you find an answer, please let me know...smiles,nancyc

IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 7:29am »

Anger and frustration will trigger an attack even when I'm not in cycle. When in cycle I don't believe there is any specific trigger, I just keep getting them.  

This is where the anti depressants may be of value when out of cyle, better balance of emotions thus cutting down attacks triggered by negative emotions.

When in cycle there is nothing I can do but ride it out with the abortives and preventatives. What I'm questioning is wethewr or not the occasional attack out of cycle would trigger the cycle?

Quite frankly, there is probably no way of determining that conclusively.
IP Logged
vangogh71

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 9:47am »

For me when I am not in a cycle, stress and negative emotions do not seem to trigger an attack.

However,  I feel that ongoing stress for me does seem to hasten the onset of a cycle.  As much I do not want to believe this statement my last couple of cycles have come when I have been under strong emotional stress.

During a cycle, stress is my biggest enemy.  I tend to get panic attacks, anxiety attacks during a cycle and this seems to aggravate my CHs.

A perfect example was I was grocery shopping with my wife and was pushing the cart up the aisle and this dumb lady in front of us was walking down the middle of the aisle oblivious to others wanting to pass her.  I got so worked up I had an attack right there on the spot  Angry
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss