Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It's just me talking outloud  :-) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   It's just me talking outloud  :-)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's just me talking outloud  :-)  (Read 521 times)
Cheryl

Email

It's just me talking outloud  :-)
« on: Feb 21st, 2002, 11:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You guys will probably think that I am having a pity party but I need to vent and say this to whomever wants to listen or just say it to myself to see if I am just going absolutely crazy. It has gotten to the point that one of the Underwriters that I work with is just such a pain in the ass to me that I feel I can not open my mouth. I am going to start from the beginning of this story.

A few months ago like in 2001….. things were going great! I was busy, extra busy. I processed for this company $7.2million in business for them last year. The thing is, is that during this year I have done this by myself, been the test pilot office for the new surety rating system, implemented a status system, worked for 4 in-house underwriters, and 1 outside underwriter in FL, taken care of agents, system problems, gone on agency calls (luncheons). Just in my own world working ………. (taking work home in the hopes of getting just a little bit more done.

A couple of months ago we were audited (in-house) on the financial files and I heard comment that Sandi’s files were kinda messy and not together, or documented properly.

Last month Sandi (whose pregnant) got into a bit of trouble with our Home Office. She was not forthcoming with information on an account that she is handling. One of the Owners of this LARGE construction firm was possibly going to be brought up on Federal Fraud charges.. talks of money changing hands, strippers,….etc… anyway he did get indited! She was getting run through the ringer for not disclosing the info or whatever.

I was asking her if I could do anything or help in anyway to ease the stress (MY Way) with the work load. Just basically being my gracious self.

After about a month Sandi came out stood outside my cubicle and looked down at my back to file bin which is right outside of my cubile next to the wall with a "Cute" sign that says back to file for my temorary girl to do…. She looked at me and started yelling almost saying does this need to be here that is tacky. Tacky, Tacky, tacky!! I obviously looked at her like she was CRAZY to say the least but, I moved it inside my cubicle for "that afternoon" could not work… I went home and thought about it and moved it back.. She came back in like two days with her hands on her hips firing at me "So is this going to have to stay here?" I turned around from my workload looked at her said "For Now" and turned back around. (She is NOT my boss) She later apologized.

So things go on and in 2002 Sandi realized that I had old work and was not current…. NO DUH… we have been talkiing this for months and trying to get temporaries and full time and she BLASTS…….me to my face and drags all the other u/w in on the deal…  

So the deal was made that I was not going to take work home that weekend and I was going to relax and just write Chris (another u/w) instructions for entry to help me. Sandi said nuthing!

Monday I come in with instructions and am in the middle of training Chis and Sandi waltzes in at 10:00 bullshitting and then says "ya know I want to be trained also just because I don’t want Chris to know something that I don’t know!!" So I just looked at her and nodded…  

EVERDAY that week she came asking me questions about the work load and where I was at and training… (which I thought could wait until after the crunch of getting caught up) Her goal to me was to learn just because Chris knew… So on Thursday she asked me if I had all the old items in……  I lied cause I did not want to be critized or yelled at anymore.

I have cried for weeks due to this job and the above things happening. I am trying to get past this and my job is not on the line or anything like that it is just that Sandi is snide and if I say or do the wrong thing she is there to point it out now.

I pray things will get easier. Ya know God answered part of it because a friend that we all used to work with is going to try and see if she wants to come work with me. The u/w’s all like her. So she is a shoe in. I can’t wait.

Please pray that things get easier for me or that I can learn how to deal and cope.

Sending my love
Cheryl

Smiley
IP Logged
murphysmom

Email

Re: It's just me talking outloud  :-)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 2:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cheryl:
This Sandi person sounds like a real "winner".  I do pray that our old friend Karma will shine on her.  And I know it will; Karma never fails, it's a law of the universe just as much as gravity is, so hang in there baby....what goes around comes around.  Just continue to do your best and the best will come to you...I (and the universe) guarantee that.    mmom ;D
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Re: It's just me talking outloud  :-)
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have to agree with what murphysmom said, sis...what goes around, comes around...i can definetly relate to coworkers, supervisors ..with no empathy ...or maybe i should just say plain horse's butts....know i am here if you need to vent...cause i sure have vented enough in the last few days with you guys...praying for you to find some serenity...wonder why we can't all just get along? love you, smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss