Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « AM I pissed...you got that rite!!!!!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   AM I pissed...you got that rite!!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: AM I pissed...you got that rite!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2078 times)
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

AM I pissed...you got that rite!!!!!!!!!
« on: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am on the FMLA act...I am going out on disability because of chs on march 2nd for two months atleast to find a med or get some kind of treatment that works for me...today, I was suppose to go to my Doc's after work and finish my disability papers...One of the supervisors ask me to work over 30 minutes as she had a church thing to go to...I explained that i couldn't and why...She made me stay anyway and she walked off the unit...My main supervisor is upset and told me I have the right to notify FMLA about this...I really needed to vent ...need some feedback on what I can do about it...this Supervisor thinks I just have headaches and has not hardly spoken to me since I told her I was going out on disability...the other day, i got hit at the drug cart and she would not take over the count...I had to pull up my shirt in front of everyone, male patients included, and give myself an injection...then bear the pain because she did not offer to let me go in the back room....Damn, I am so pissed over this...this is ignorance about chs and it makes me so mad and so sick to my stomach....WHY the heck do people, even in the medical profession, think we are a bunch of wimps? I work everyday...I work my butt off despite the fact I take an imitrex rite before leaving for work to make it thru the morning...I take another one at lunch..just so i won't get hit at work...then i stay up half the nite suffering...sorry i rambled on but this is alittle too much...no wonder they call them suicide headaches...not that i am gonna do that, believe me, I am not...BUT, we dont just deal with the pain, physical, and emotional but we deal with ignorance...thanks for listening...smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Overstreet

Email

Re: AM I pissed...you got that rite!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Nancy,

Sorry you have to suffer through the ignorance and prejudice of others.   I admire your ability to continue to do what's best for you in spite of the difficult circumstances.  You've given me a bit of strength to get through another day/night.
IP Logged
boos2

Email

[IMG]hRe: AM I pissed...you got that rite!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:27pm »

Supervisor  
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:29pm by boos2 » IP Logged
Wiley

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:40pm »

Lips Sealed Guess I'd better not say what I'd like to about that stupidvisor, huh? Here's an idea: E-mail her the url for this wonderful site - do it from a computer at work or send me her address and I'll send it. Maybe she'll get off her "aft portion" and read a little about it!
IP Logged
Elizabeth

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:48pm »

Nancy, some of us are blessed with coworkers who accept our needs even if they don't accept that the pain is real. Others of us have to fight for every little break.
Thank goodness for the FMLA act! Report her actions - if nothing else, it may get the attention of those who can actually do something about it.  
It's inexcusable to leave someone in pain, someone unable to cope at that particular moment, in charge of MEDICATIONS for patients! boos2 said it well!
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:56pm »

Absolutely and without doubt, REPORT HER! If not for yourself then for the next suffering person who has to deal with the ignorant witch. Get yourself well first though.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 5:02pm »

Nancy, so sorry that you had to go through that.  Some people are just plain insensative and selfish.  I hope you get the rest and time you need over the next couple of months to find some pain relief.  You are in my prayers sister.

Love ya with a big hug,
Karla
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Cin

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 5:04pm »

Just what you didn't need,  I feel your pain, it doesn't help matters when you have to deal with an uncaring person hang tuff Nan, I wish there were more I could do, but just know your in my prayers.

Wishing you better days ahead***

Cin,

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 5:08pm »

Bye the way? What CHURCH does SHE go to?
IP Logged
murphysmom

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 5:17pm »

Well, I just recently broke down and filed for disability and was approved, but for depression not ch's (but whatever Roll Eyes) I just couldn't deal with ignorance anymore.  The disability will just barely pay for my meds and nothing else but, oh well.  I have delt with people like your boss, I had one named Tony, he was a real ass.  I tried to take FMLA leave and he was just livid about it and proceeded to treat me like sh-t so, I went over his head and it seemed to me that the ignorance just grew as the pay of the person I talked to grew Undecided.  I worked for a rehab facility for brain-injured people too so you'd think they would be the first to understand but noooo!!!! GO FIGURE!  I'm not completely sure but I'm pretty sure you have a discrimination case, but I don't know what state you live in so.... but you can always contact the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) in Washington D.C. and ask them who to contact in your particular state. Good Luck.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 5:23pm »

Suggestion for the soup:

SNARL

Fire bombs work well Nancy

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 5:46pm »

Hey Nanc!!

Does the word Bitch mean anything to you!  Good God I can't believe she did that to you...but don't get mad get even!  Report her....don't wait til you've thought it through and rationalized her behaviour.  There is no rational explanation!  But they do say ignorance is bliss...wish I were more ignorant!  You go girl...
IP Logged
Holly
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 6:09pm »

Angry Nancy,
I agree with Don:
"If not for yourself then for the next suffering person who has to deal with this supervisor".  And know that fighting for your self can bring strength.  And if you need support we are all here for you.  Vent, shout, scream, yell but also get away from it all and shield yourself from any negative places or persons.  PFD....Holly Smiley
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 6:49pm »

OK, clusterbuds...i am really mad....mad enough to fight for all of us...does anyone know the FMLA guidelines about being abused? Help me here so I can fight...I have had to take 3 imitrex shots today...enough is enough...i know stress does not cause them but it damn sure triggers more attacks....thanks, smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 7:31pm »

I dont know the regs but I do know that the way to address a systemic problem through the system is to do it rationally and to the point. I disagree wholeheartedly with Ann's point.  Emotionally charged complaints are ussually dismissed as just that, and without merit. Yell rant ,rave and write nasty letters, do what ever you need to do. But when you file the complaint be sure you are emotionally stable and able to address each issue thouroughly and to the point. I would access the website for the Americans With Disabilities Act.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 7:35pm »

Let's see.....

I don't know, but i'm a flake, so you should already know that!!!  If need be, i'll come down there and kick some major butt!!

Fruity's mean ole' co-worker!
IP Logged
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

Just to clarify my post
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 7:54pm »

Don,
I didn't say that Nancy had to irrational to make her complaint.  I said that she shouldn't rationalize her supervisor's behaviour...you know try and find an excuse to justify it.  I agree that she should be as rational and sane as possible when making the complaint  I hope this makes sense.  Sorry for the confusion.
IP Logged
Jade

Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 7:57pm »

Sis (((Hugs))) so so sorry that you had to deal with her and her crap above everything else!! Just think, March is right around the corner and atleast there is one less problem you will have to deal with.
Sending you my thoughts and prayers!!
IP Logged
Cheryl

Email

, sisRe: AM I pissed...you got that rite!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 8:13pm »

Hey Sis,

Damn, I thought that I worked with a bunch of insensitive bitches. I have some rope and I'll come up and string her up by those balls that she thinks that she has!!!!! Shocked

But ya know what HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A CLUSTERHEAD   ;D

I am a firm believer that GOD takes care of us when we ask him to and believe it or not I believe he will take care of her to. They say that he takes care of the mentally challenged(no offense intended) also!!! I do believe she be in that category. If not she better hope so cause she may need a reason to help her to get past the Pearly Gates

Love Ya
Cheryl
IP Logged
michelle

Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 8:27pm »

i am so sorry you had to go through that at work,  but i am also so sick of everyone at work asking me if my headache is gone yet, you can hear it in their voices, like  I miss work for a headache that a tylenol would take care of and when i try to explain C.H. to them i can actually see them roll their eyes like i'm lying or exaggerating.  I think that hurts worse than the pain sometimes.  so i agree...send her this site to educate herself and then when you're feeling up to it REPORT HER!  praying for you

michelle
IP Logged
David_M

Email

« Reply #20 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 9:02pm »

Hey Nancy,
That really is outrageous behavior. I have a few thoughts:  
1. Make a formal complaint at your workplace about the supervisor's actions so there is documentation there.  Make a list, for yourself, of all the witnesses to these events. Write down everything said by anyone who was there.  Date it with the date you write it all down.  Sooner is definitely better.  Keep it in a safe place--not anywhere at work.

2. If you wish to go further: Contact the equivalent of your State's Department of Human Rights--that's what its called in MN, anyway.  They'll initiate their own investigation.

3. If you're represented by a Union, involve them too.

4. I don't know if FMLA conducts its own investigations.  It may designate a state agency to do it after it receives a complaint.  Or a suit under FMLA may be needed in order to get action.  Sorry, I don't know enough about that.  I do know that discrimination against someone utilizing an FMLA leave is a BIG mistake.

Stay with us Nancy!  Yell all you want--I do still need some new words!

David
IP Logged
Jim R
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always question authority....

Email

« Reply #21 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 7:23am »

So sorry you're having such a pisser of a time, sis...  I do know that with FMLA, supervisors have to be very careful how it is handled or they can be reported to the Federal government - sort of like the Diability Act., so if they give you too much of a hard time, go over their heads.   Your Human Resources department SHOULD know about this (intimately!), so maybe they could help????  Anyway, hope your leave materializes without further snags and you find the relief you deserve.  Love ya, sis.
IP Logged

"Hammer of the Gods..." (pounding on my head...) and isn't Bowie great?!
Proud member of OUCH
Episodic Clusterhead since 1978
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 2:54pm »

NO doubt i am being discriminated against over my medical leave now...my main superivsor that told me yesterday , he would let me work in another unit tomorrow, decided today that i couldn't.Plus he wants me to sit down and talk to the supervisor who would not let me go to my Doctor's appointment so she could leave on time.....i contacted personnel after seeing my doctor today, and am filing a FMLA complaint about what happened yesterday..and thinking of filing a discrimination one too....My doc put me out on sick leave tomorrow as i have already exceeded my dose of imitrex today...So it looks like I will pave the road for us clusterheads concerning the FMLA and the discrimination act....Wish me luck...this stress is definetly not helping the chs...but thank God it will be over real soon...i do appreciate your advice so much...Keep me in your prayers as I put on my "battle gear"...it is time for people to stop harrassing clusterheads....love you....smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #23 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 5:17pm »

Dear Nancy:  I think you can win this battle - go girl! It's time that people realize that we're not wimps but, most probably, the strongest people on earth.  I've thought many times that the beast should be renamed - we all know "headache" just doesn't cut it.  May the AMA could come up with a name so long and so hard to pronounce people will begin to take us seriously.

Good luck and praying for PF days & nites for you.

Linda T.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Holly
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 8:37pm »

Nancy,

You are a warrior!!! Fight the supervisor, but also shield yourself from  any negative people so you can stay focused on fighting the beast and kicking it in the ass.  I know you will make it.....PFDAN.....Holly    Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss