Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « They're baaack »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   They're baaack
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: They're baaack  (Read 432 times)
emskat

Email

They're baaack
« on: Aug 7th, 2002, 7:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have been CH free for 18 months...the longest I've gone in 19 years, but alas, the demon has returned.  Four last night.

One thing that I don't recommend is attended a concert at a large venue (the Staples Center in LA) and having one of our little 'visitors' join you.  Finding a dark, quiet, isolated place is a tough thing to do.  I settled for sitting in the lobby facing a wall, holding my head, shielding my eyes, surrounded by thousands of t-shirt buying fans.  Not fun.  Had the nasal spray with me..but it just doesn't do the trick like the injections....somehow thought that trying to take a syringe into a concert was not a good idea...

Looks like I've got some reading to do about Sansert....thanks for all the info folks...
IP Logged
Jim R
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always question authority....

Email

Re: They're baaack
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry you're hurting and in a circumstance like that!  Bummer!

I take it you were talking about imatrex nasal spray?

I'm in the same boat tonight.  I've had a CH - maybe only 1-2 all day and it started to blossom (sp?).  I knew when it came it would be a real humdinger and it reared its ugly head and yup, that;s what it was.  I took the only thing I had on hand (besides Amerge, which I am scared of because of my family heart history and my high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. - don't want it to clamp down on the wrong arteries!), Stadol NS, which being a narcotic, is NOT the answer, but certainly made it "manageable" tonight.

I feel for you...I am sorry you have these F++ckers!  Cry

and I hope you feel better soon adn your cycle is short.  PFDANs to you. - Jim R
IP Logged

"Hammer of the Gods..." (pounding on my head...) and isn't Bowie great?!
Proud member of OUCH
Episodic Clusterhead since 1978
4Pack

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 9:20pm »

Jim....I know how you feel about the Amerge thing!  I have high cholesteral also and have thought about the same thing.  Too bad that Amerge is the only thing that has ever worked for me in 20 years.  I am going thorugh a cycle right now and the Doc has prescribed me 15 doses per 30 days.   The other 15 days of the month I just deal with the pain!
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 9:36pm »

Welcome to the board!  Sorry that the beast is blasting away at your cranium with the special heavy artillery he keeps around to make our lives Hell.  Welcome to the board!

PFDAN................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Jim R
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always question authority....

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 5:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

4Pak - So, Amerge does work, eh?  How long does it take to kick in and when in a CH do you take it - at the first twinge?  One of these days, despite my issues, I'm going to work up the courage to take one, probably parked in my car outside the ER!!  Wink  PFDANs to you bro - Jim R
IP Logged

"Hammer of the Gods..." (pounding on my head...) and isn't Bowie great?!
Proud member of OUCH
Episodic Clusterhead since 1978
gtarman

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 11:48am »

Guys - both Amerge and Zomig will usually work within 3-20 mins to slap down an "icepick" attack; but yeah, for us middle-age folks or those with cardio/circulatory problems, they need to be used with caution. Either one makes my chest hurt like crazy and I'm gonna try to aviod taking them, but when the beast comes a-knockin'...well, you know...
Gotta pass this one along...saw my Dr the other day, he knows I've been thru most of the migrane hand-me-downs without success. Shook his head sadly and told me he'd be glad to refer me to a pain-management clinic that could put me on a methadone or oxycontin program. How nice - become a junkie in addition to a clusterhead! No thanks.
I'll be embarking on my first shroom therapy treatment within a week; stay tuned for progress reports. Man, it would be so nice if it works - I'd dearly love to report success to the 'ol sawbones and watch his eyes bug out!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss