Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just to introduce myself..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just to introduce myself.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just to introduce myself.....  (Read 481 times)
Edwina

Email

Just to introduce myself.....
« on: Aug 8th, 2002, 9:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello everyone!

This is my first time on these boards...my name is Edwina, I'm 22 and from London

Not 100% sure if i'm a sufferer or not..i've read all the info on the site and it matches the symptons that i have been suffering from for a number of years.

I am in the process at the moment of going back and forth to my doctors - and getting absolutely no where!
Am trying my best to be refered to a neurologist, but to be honest i'm not sure if this will be of help to me or not?!

Any advise would by gratefully received

xx
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: Just to introduce myself.....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 9:56am »

A neuro is your best bet fore a correct diagnosis.
Have you taken the cluster quiz on the left? Tell us what your symptoms are and you will get better guidance.

You may also wantto check this site:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org.uk/
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2002, 9:58am by don » IP Logged
Edwina

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 10:02am »

I get the 'attacks' every few months, in blocks of about 3-4weeks

1 every 2/3 days

Always woken in my sleep crying with pain in my left eye, side of my face and forehead
cannot lie still - find myself punching my head, or banging my head into my pillow, whilst the pain is there i feel very angry.
pain continues for upto 2hours after i have taken painkillers, then disappears.
find myself feelin very strange the next morning, almost warn out - and hazy in my eyes..
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 10:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Find a good neuro as soon as possible and get the right diagnose.

Take care friend

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 10:29am »

Heres the reason you need to see a neuro: pain killers.

Pain Killers treat the symptoms not the condition. Sounds like CH to me. Get to a neuro.
IP Logged
Edwina

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 10:42am »

one problem - my doctor won't refer me to a neuro, she says i'm suffering from migraines!!!!!!

IP Logged
LauraT

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 10:57am »

Edwina,

Get a new doctor!!!!  

Back in 1974 (was it that long ago??)  there wasn't a doctor alive that would touch me. At least now if you look long enough, you'll find someone who is familiar with CH.  

I'm in the midst now of finding a new Dr. because we moved, so I know what you are going through.
DON'T GIVE UP!  

I just found this sight as well, and have been very warmly received. Thank God and Microsoft for helping me here!

Good Luck,
Laura T
IP Logged
maria

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 11:37am »

Edwina,  

Welcome to this site, sorry that you are suffering.  My advise:  Go to the OUCH (UK) website and make a copy of the CH article (on the left side under Mini Site Menu) and show it to your physician.  This article includes a section which highlights symptoms of CH compared to migraines.  Your symptoms sound more like CH then migraine.  Hopefully, after reading this article your physician will refer you to a neurologist. One of the doctors of choice there in London (based upon reading the OUCH UK) is Dr. Manjit Matharu at the Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London.  I hope this helps and good luck.     Maria
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 11:43am »

Welcome to the board!  Sorry that the beast is knockin' ya eye out of the socket by poundin' your cranium with a mallet, then using your eye as a ping pong ball for a couple of hours, before putting it back.  Welcome to the family!

PFDAN............................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
2late
New Board Hall of Famer

Ride Free..Pain Free

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 8:34pm »

welcome to our exclusive club, good to hear from ya.you need to see a neuro a.s.a.p.get the right diagnosis.have u had a catscan or mri? that was my first step after seeing pcp.let us know how it goes!!                         ..........2late
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 11:20pm »

The doc works for you, not the other way around. Fire her and get a new Doc with enough sense to refer.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 11:43pm »

Welcome Edwina. Sorry you needed to apply to our club but we're glad you could come.  

I think Maria's advice is about right.  I can't really add to it. Your doctor is supposed to pay attention when you tell him he isn't helping.  Don't let him off easily.

Let us know how You're doing.

Hopeful old Charlie
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2002, 11:45pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss