Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 12:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « At the end of my rope, cart me to the looney bin! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   At the end of my rope, cart me to the looney bin!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: At the end of my rope, cart me to the looney bin!  (Read 502 times)
Tesa

Email

At the end of my rope, cart me to the looney bin!
« on: Aug 9th, 2002, 3:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm the newbie that lost her doc last month because he was in Hawaii, and I went to my Family Doc until he returned.  Make a long story short, the family doc called in a  precsrip 5 days late, the same day I took the ones from my neuro in, (I didn't know he called anything in) and the pharmasist called and both docs cancelled me as patients.  I've been going to a cheesy walk-in clinic, because I have no other place to go.  I have been without imitrex for two days now.  The nurse finally called me back today to say the doctor would not be refilling any more imitrex for me, and I should go to the Emergency room and get an MRI.  What the He-- for?!  I know what I have, cluster headaches, that are peaking at 3/4 a day!  One imitrex a day does not cut it! why should I have to pick which headache I will abort, and which ones I will suffer in agony through for 2/3 hours?  I HAVE HAD IT!!!!   I can honestly say last night at 1:30 and 4:30 they were at a 10 kip.  My husband had to physically hold me down on the floor because I was looking for any way to get rid of the pain.  If death would do it, I was headed there.  I know I sounded like a raving lunatic on the phone and probally to you guys right now, but imitrex, my gosh, I could take it all day long, it doesn't get you high!  It's like a diabetic needs insulin.   Please say there is someone else out there that has been in the place I am at right now, because I really feel like I am going insane.  This world sucks, that people should have to be forced to suffer the God-Awful, most unimaginable, agonizing pain, and nobody seems to give a damn.  I have no answers, and I am so exhausted from lack of sleep I can't even begin to think of a way out of my predicament.  I just want to be rolled into a ditch somewhere and let die in peace.  But that can't even happen, because the beast will still be there waiting for you, every night, and the best luck I could have in the world is that it would kill me.....No such luck though, the one tiny thread of hope I have is that they will be gone in a few more weeks, and maybe I will begin to sound like a normal human being again.  You know, if I thought being carted off to an insane asylum would help, I would be there at the door to sign up, if it would only stop the clusters.

I am normally not a whiny person, but I just needed to vent all this frustration to someone, I hope everybody understands.....

Tesa
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: At the end of my rope, cart me to the looney b
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry you're hurting so bad and sorry I can't help with the medicines.

But, I think, you should post the doctors names so we all know who NOT to go to.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
ChristineL

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 4:00pm »

Get your husband, friend, whoever to drive you to a new neuro, headache center  - somewhere where you can get the meds you need. Call every damn neuro in your state and find someone who can see you asap. Don't let the beast win - do whatever you need to do to get the help you need. Be the BIGGEST PITA you can so people will pay attention. Camp out on their doorstep, sit in the waiting room until you are seen and listened to.  

I hope you feel better soon and you get the help you need.

Chris L

IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 4:54pm »

Nah... The looney bin doesn't wanna deal with us either...

PFDAN.................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Kezz

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 5:05pm »

I agree with Chris L. Get a new neuro and fast. Get one that WILL actually listen to YOU and not send you off to get a MRI when you KNOW what you've got. Some GP's can be so annoying sometimes because you explain all the symptons and then they tell you nothing. They send you off for a heap of tests that reveal nothing and there goes $5,000. You will deffinitely need to go somewhere where they understand what you have and know how much pain you are going through. You cannot live like this. And don't worry, the pain will cease.  

DON'T LET THEM WIN! FOR ALL OUR SAKES!

Kezz
IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 5:27pm »

Tesa, Please don't give up. Call the walk-in center and ask for a referral to a new nuro. If they don't do it in a day the threaten to sue for denying treatment. You should find a medical lawyer to help if you don't get results. Every time a hospital or Dr. office fails to treat and fails to refer to another dr. then they should be sued.  Write a letter to the editor and/or call the local tv station and tell someone your story. Anything  you do will help you feel better. In the meantime use home treatments. Hot sauce under the tongue for 5 min or just eat some if you can't do that. Ice,Ice,Ice on your head. It makes the pain worse at first but can work. Cold saline nasal spray, Afrin nasal decongestant, get some where cold, lots and lots of prayer. I will be praying that relief and treatment comes soon
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
mark_david

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 6:00pm »

GET OXYGEN NOW...........................

GOD BLESS,

one of the bigger a-holes, mark david
IP Logged
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 7:26pm »

Tesa,
    I know it all seems a mess...and it is right now.. but like the others suggest,,, get a neuro that is familiar with CH. But you also need to get some sleep..that will make a world of difference.. I know that taking a Dramamine before allowed me to get some much needed sleep.. It prevents you from going into the REM phase of sleep..which is when the beast decides to wake you & make you dance. Sudafed will work too. Please give em a try..it's amazing how just 1 good nites sleep will help.. Hang in there hon.. there is light at the end of the tunnel...and you have us to help get you there.
Huggzzz
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 9:14pm »

Hey Tesa,

Oh Boy!  The very same thing happened to me too and I sure know how you feel.  The pharmacist made a stink in the store in front of everyone and I was standing there not knowing WTF to do or how to feel (later I got very PISSED)...
After I got over the initial shock of the whole thing happening, I got totally pissed off and wrote letters and made a formal complaint to the pharmacist (also balled out the docs) Roll Eyes  

The pharmacist treated me like he thought I was a drug dealer.  It was GROSS.

Anyway, now you know your not the only one  Grin  I remember at the time I felt like "They're Coming To Take Me Away"  hehehehehe Shocked ..............Now I still often feel that way, but I know it's not me ;D

After all was said and done, I NOW have a great doc who would not ever let something like that happen again.  So, must agree with above posts about new and BETTA doc!  Going through Clusters makes you feel helpless enough.  the added bullshit is just not acceptable.  The secret is to bring METHOD to the madness.  Don't get sidetracked by people who could care less and are basically CLUELESS.  

Hope it get's better soon.   Smiley
IP Logged
Scotty_Dog
New Board Newbie

Say, what is that strange feeling in my ARRRGGG!!!

ScottMon77
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 9th, 2002, 9:36pm »

I KNOW THE FEELING! Hang in there.  I am waiting for an apointment on the 29th of August with a good Nuro, but waiting is a bitch!  I have gone without sleep for over a week, adveraging about 1 to 2 hours a day.  I have been to the ER 2 times in the last week to get a shot of morphine, and that just makes it so I can sleep for a few hours until it wares off.  The Doc at the ER was so nice too, gave me 15 Tylox to get me through till the 29th, (now isn't that considerate!).  I will keep you in my prayers.

One thing that I do that helps somewhat, when the beast wakes you up from half an hour of sleep, take 2 extra strangth Excedren, strip and get into the hotest shower you can stand.  Keep turning up the temp as you get use to it and let the spray hammer down on your head, neck, and face.  Breath deep and slowly, in through the nose, out through the mouth, and pray.  When the beast finaly lets up, your mussles are relaxed and you may be able to get back to sleep unless, like me, you are afraid of the bed, in that case, get a cup of strong coffee and find something funny on the tube and try to get your mind off it.

Sometimes I watch realy bad night time TV

LOL

Scotty_Dog
IP Logged

Doc says,

"the pain is all in your head"
SteveY
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

Pain is a state of mind, my mind says it F** Hurts

srichards1958
Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 4:31pm »

Tesa

My name is Steve, I live in the UK, where in most cases we don't have to beg for Imigran(Imitrex) injections.

Stuff your neuro, get another, I fortunately am under the care of Queen Square in London and they pack a big punch with GP's.

The point is I have 16 Imitrex injections I don't need, I'm chronic but prefere the nasal spray. I've been wondering what to do with them, and I can think of nothing better than giving them to you.

They won't solve your long term problem, bit will at least give you some temporary relief.

Mail me your address and I'll send them by air mail.

Mail to sry2000@yahoo.co.uk

God bless

PFDAN

Steve
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss