Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 11:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newcomer to site (not clusters) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   newcomer to site (not clusters)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newcomer to site (not clusters)  (Read 380 times)
lp998

Email

newcomer to site (not clusters)
« on: Aug 10th, 2002, 7:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As I begin yet another cluster I'm still pain free enough to do a bit of research and I found this site.  Now I am aware of so many other sufferers out there.  20 years ago I thought I was the only one who had Freddy Krueger living in his head.  Hours on the site confirms that I am an expert on clusters and I can teach my Dr. more than he can help me, except that I can't write a prescription.
Ice, O2, Verapamil, Maxalt, and Imitrex injections as the trump card.  None of this was available when I first got these in the late 70's and the suffering was beyond the pale. I get episodes every 3 years like clockwork.  The big mystery remains.  Has anyone got a clue as to WTF causes these blighted attacks?  Was I that much of an SOB in my last life?

Does anyone know if mixing Maxalt and Imitrex within 24 hours really is harmful?  I can't wait 3 days for the Dr. to grace me with his wisdom. Thank you.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: newcomer to site (not clusters)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 9:21am »

Hello lp and welcome to Clusterville.  Sorry you have to be here, but this place is WONDERFUL for all of us Cluster folk! ;D  

As to knowing what causes clusters, I have absolutely no clue.  You can do a search to find out the different theories though.  Just type in "cause" and "clusters".

No one deserves the pain we go through, not even past life SOB's Wink

As for the maxalt and imitrex 24hr. combo, I'm sure someone that is more well versed in that area, will give you an answer sometime today.

Take care,
Mel
IP Logged
oringkid

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 9:30am »

Welcome to the Silver Lining Lounge, located at the corner of North Pain Ave. and Fear Street in the scenic Beast's Lair District.  It's the only place to get away!

Really this place is the best site for CH info and the best people you could meet.

Sherry
IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 12:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

CH could never be a punishment by God, When God punishes you you get sick for awhile then you die. Clusters are satans way of giving some of us a chance to taste what Hell will be like for him and his followers.  Now I truley know that hell is a endless 10 with no meds.
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 8:59pm »

Welcome to the board!  Sorry that the beast has hired Freddy to do a number on your cranium while Jason gives you a few hacks with a machete.  Welcome to the family!

PFDAN................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss