Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I am so low that the curb is up! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I am so low that the curb is up!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I am so low that the curb is up!  (Read 1605 times)
NancyMcFree

Email

Re: I am so low that the curb is up!
« Reply #25 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 11:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You know big guys do cry .... maybe if you could explain that to your son he would feel better.  Keep trying to find a medicine that works for you .... and in the meantime know that your son loves you.  He just doesn't love the disease you have ... but heck we don't love it either !!!!!!!!!!  Take care ..... praying for PFDAN for you so you can sit with your son and really enjoy life !!!!!
IP Logged
markdavid
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 2:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My offeron the oxygen  still stands , no catch ...... up untill a month ago a could find nothing that worked and I know how bad it can get... That offer is good for any body any where , I'm sure their are plenty of people on this site who would do the same for any one else who'd ask.

PFDAN's
markdavid
IP Logged

Mark Hoebener
jonny

Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 2:56pm »

You got that right, Mark.

Most people here will bend over backwards for another CH'er or anyone in general.

Your a good dude offering what you have.

..............jonny
IP Logged
Scotty_Dog
New Board Newbie

Say, what is that strange feeling in my ARRRGGG!!!

ScottMon77
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 6:07am »

;D hanks markdavid, I apreciate the offer, but I am going to hang tough and wait to see the Neuro first to make sure it is safe for me with my high blood presure and other medical conditions.  

The last two days have been a real bare to deal with, but my wife has taken our son to her parents to stay for a few days to give me some space and let me sleep whenever I get a few minutes peace from the beast.

I am trying to keep a brigth outlook on life, and last night i got about 2 hours of sleep, so I am feeling much better, (if you could call it that)

Thanks so much to all of you and I pray for PFDAN for all of you too.

Sincerely,  

Scotty_Dog  Grin
IP Logged

Doc says,

"the pain is all in your head"
markdavid
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 8:50am »

HANG IN THERE , I'll be thinking of ya  

I hope the beast gives ya a fucking break

PFDAN's Smiley
IP Logged

Mark Hoebener
Mistory

Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 9:04am »

I am new here, too; I came on thinking I would get some good, solid information on this subject; I didn't expect to find myself crying! I can't believe the outpouring of concern I have witnessed in such a short time!
I wish I could add something more helpful; my own kids have watched me suffer migraines, and like some of the others here, I let them "help," which seemed to comfort them. Now they are teenagers, and my headaches have entered a whole new phase; I was surprised to discover my nearly grown kids are scared to death! Their fears are more sophisticated now; they are convinced I have a tumor or something more mysterious but just as fatal. Perhaps worse, my 16 year old is afraid this is hereditary.
I at least learned from this site that cluster headaches generally are not, a happy fact I will pass on to her as soon as she wakes up.  
My only real suggestion, therefore, is to keep reading, and maybe someone out there will have the right answer for you.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 10:00am »

Newer studies are showing somewhat of a heredity factor in cluster headaches.  I believe the last article I saw said that a decendant of a clusterhead is 7 times more likey to get CH than the general population.

I think I have it filed away in my "things I need to add to the OUCH Library" folder at home.  I'll see if I can find it tonight.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Scotty_Dog
New Board Newbie

Say, what is that strange feeling in my ARRRGGG!!!

ScottMon77
WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 11:44pm »

Thanks again to all of you.  I went to a Nuero who is scared to death to treat me, (HaHA).  She is young and is afaid to try and treat me with high blood presure on top of the CH.  She is from the old thinking school that says that headache should not be treated with pain killers and they never perscribe them!

I found that kind of funny, and after I explained that, "if I break your arm and grind the raw broken bones together for about an hour or 2, all you can take is over the counter meds for it, and about an hour later I do it again, and again, and again....She perscribed me 60 Tylox to get me through till my appointment with the CH doc I found through a fellow Cher here on this site.

Seams that sometimes you just have to make the pain real for them.  (She also called them CLuster Migrains, ARRGG!)  I informed her about the reality of what they are so maybe the next CHer she sees will get a far hearing.

And to think she makes about $140K for her ability and knowledge?????

Hanging tough and I am going to make it through thanks to all of you guys and gals.

May we all have PFDAN soon.

God Bless

The Scotty_Dog
IP Logged

Doc says,

"the pain is all in your head"
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #33 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 12:02am »

I'm not sure I understand something here. Why would you want pain killers when there are so many other options? Even with high blood pressure you could still have used O2, at the very least. And that aborts the pain rather then masking it. And with high blood pressure it probably would be better for you then the oxycodone you got her to prescribe for you.
IP Logged
gammavh

Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 12:53am »

Hi Ted:

What about if you can't get oxygen? I sure can't get it here in the UK. Surely taking pain meds until you can see a CH doctor is better than nothing at all?  

Just a thought.

gam
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 6:42am »

Hi Gam. I was talking about this one case in particular and not everyone. But, unless triptans and the like don't work for people I still wouldn't understand why someone would rather take something that masks the pain instead of something that aborts it.
IP Logged
gammavh

Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 6:53am »

Hi again Ted:

I understood that you were talking about Scotty, but I wasn't sure if he had O2 available to him  or not. That's what I meant by taking pain  meds. Bless his heart I do hope he gets to see his CH doctor soon.

My new family doc won't even consider O2 until all other drugs have failed to prevent it. sighhh He just took me off Sodium Valporate and put me on Sanomigran. But told me it could take up to a month to work!!!

Thank goodness for Zoimig even if they will only give me six at a time and in the cycle I'm in that'll last me a whole three days. And I can only take 2 in a 24 hour period.  So the rest of the time I take any pain meds hanging around the house.  There are times like this morning I could pray that I could try O2.

Even when I lived in the USA I couldn't get my insurance company to approve the O2 because it wasn't a proven help/cure for CH's. Go figure.

gam
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:18am »

Ted,

I have extremely low blood pressure and heart palpitations, and the triptans are contraindicated in anyone who has issues with b/p or the heart.  They tried them on me with me in the ER and was there 3 hours waiting for things to settle down and it didn't help the headache LOL.  As a result, the think it may have triggered a heart attack of sorts or pericarditis (I waited a week with the chest pain before I went to the doc *bonk self*.)  Scotty sounds alot like me in that I can't take any of the 'normal' CH meds because of that.  I take Tylox to help me get through the attack without killing someone hehe.  Now that I have my O2 tank the narcotics are just there to help if the O2 can't eliminate a kip 8-10.  

Once you see the CH doc Scotty get the O2!!!!!!!!  That seems to be the thing that works best for the most people.  

Cat

p.s. Ted I'm not trying to say you don't know what you are talking about or anything, I know from your many posts you are knowledgeable just wanted to relate the info from my own experience.
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #38 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:35am »

Hey Cat. Yeah, that's why I just mentioned the O2 for him since he has high blood pressure. As you just mentioned yourself it's your first line of defense.
 Oh, and thanks for saying those nice things about me. I guess Lincoln was right. You can fool some...  Smiley
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:39am »

Ted, anyone who uses the jet and tower for their pic  post is knowledgeable in my books Smiley  Lest we forget.

Besides, I'ma  blonde canadian cat transplanted to the US, and oh yeah , something about a blithering or blundering idiot in there somewhere too! LOL

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss