Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How do you know ch is the worst pain in the world? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   How do you know ch is the worst pain in the world?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do you know ch is the worst pain in the world?  (Read 1300 times)
Elaine

Email

How do you know ch is the worst pain in the world?
« on: Aug 15th, 2002, 11:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ever had your arm cut off?
Ever had over half your body burned?
Ever Ever had your leggs crushed?
Ever been traped alive in a building hit by a plane injured and in the dark knowing you won't get out alive?
Ever felt the pain cancer, as it eats away at ya?
Ever felt the fear of being traped in a car under water and talking to the 911 operator as the water fills your car and then your lungs?
Ever watched someone you love turn blue from choking as they die of old age?
Ever sat by your grandbabys grave and cried till you couldn't stop?
Ever had a Migraine?  
Maybe Its the worst pain YOU ever had! It's not the worst pain in the world!!! Its not the worst Pain I ever had!
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: How do you know ch is the worst pain in the wo
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 11:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good point Elaine.  It's all in ones perception of their own pain.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

DougL
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 11:58am »

E!

You been watching Dateline again?

LOL
DougL
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2002, 11:59am by DougL » IP Logged
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 12:04pm »

I must have slept through that episode....I guess I don't understand the issue.  I didn't realize there was a competition or a prize awarded to the one that has suffered the worst pain in the history of mankind!!

Here's what I know....  

1.  It hurts pretty fucking bad!
2.  It sucks knowing that I will feel that pain over and over again.
3.  I wouldn't wish the pain (that I feel) on any living soul.

Slammy   Cool
IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 2:00pm »

Pain is a feeling or sensation.  Feelings are relative to the person doing the feeling.

CH is the worst pain I've ever felt.
Since I've never felt anything more severe, CH is the worst pain in the world - to me.

Although trying to take a dump on 640mg/day verap is a close second.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #5 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 2:53pm »

All I know is that if I think about suicide on a regular basis to escape the PHYSICAL pain of a cluster...then I would say that's pretty damn painful and the WORST pain I've ever had!  I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy!
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 3:53pm »

Bob P  Shocked Now, that is just GROSS ;D  You made me spit MY coffee all over the screen ;D  

Your post has forever forged a mental image of you!  What a clusterbud! Cheesy  

HEY! Cheesy  Maybe THAT'S why so many clusterheads got a red face.............. Roll Eyes

Happy Grunties. Cheesy
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 4:20pm »

Okay, here's our chance to help our cause:

"How Do You Know Your Pain Is The Worst?"  

Fox's new bi-weekly brain drain experience.  

It's up to this sick bunch to develop this one for Rupert Murdock. We can't let them pass up this little gem.  OUCH could get some really stupid publicity and Elaine gets development and production credits.  Cheesy

Just doing my part. Now it's up to Den.......

Wasting everyone's time old Charlie

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2002, 4:22pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Weldon

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 5:53pm »

How do I know its the worst pain a human can have?
Because Dr. Bob Arnott on the CBS morning show said so about 5 or 6 yrs. ago.
3rd. worst pain was migrains , 2 nd was kidney stones and childbirth. Up there by itself was Clusters.  
According to him there's this standing E. R. joke about a guy coming in with a broken arm and a cluster headache and he asks them if they can give him something for his headache.
So there!!! a doctor said it and everyone knows that Dr's knows everthing.    
     Weldon
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:04pm »

I never claimed that CH is the worse pain ever felt by anyone.  I never claimed that anyone's clusters were worse than anyone else's.  I never claimed that I know the pain anyone else experiences.  Pain is relative, and subjective.  I've broken bones... I've had my head split open multiple times... I've been burned... I've been severely cut... I've had my hand nearly ripped off when the snowplow on my dad's tractor slipped while I was fastening it on, and crushed my hand between the plow's mount and the tractor for half an hour before we were able to get the plow moved enough to get my hand out... And yes... I've had migraines.  I've felt pain of many types and ranges, and still know that clusters are worse.  I'm not going to claim that it means clusters are worse than anything, because I don't know, but until I find something that hurts worse, clusters are the worse pain I know.

PFDAN....................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:19pm »

To me there is only one thing more painful than CH.

Its reading Don's and Slammy's posts......LMAO

................Yambag jonny ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:20pm by jonny » IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:36pm »

Damn Drk!  I think I'll stay in the Bronx! Cheesy  What's a piddly ole GUN or two....Good GRIEF.  Get away from that FARM equipment!
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:43pm »

Well, luckily I live in the city now (if ya can call this little pissant town a city).  LOL

PFDAN.................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:46pm »

Phew (sigh of relief).........I trust you traded in the tractor for some SMALL hand clippers!  Remember - TINY Gardens! ;D  Tiny boo boos. Cheesy
IP Logged
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:48pm »

Ya know... Scissors aren't very safe either... I once ended up cuttin' the skin between my thumb and forefinger when a pair of scissors slipped while I was cuttin' off some jeans... LOL

Drk^Angel
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 6:57pm »

I guess there's no point repeating myself hehe, just read my response to what the pain has taught me.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 7:00pm »

Drk?  I'm a CHEF.  It's only a finga. Cheesy You'll live. Wink
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 7:43pm »

Elaine,
Your second example, no I've never been burned but

2 years ago my old Army unit (9th Medical Laboratory, US Army,  Vietnam, 1967) held it's semi-annual reunion in Galveston, TX. The host of the reunion is a highly respected micro-biologist PHD and head honcho at the Shriners Hospital for Burned Children. As part of our renuion we had a tour of the hospital and met some of the children.

The pain these children go through daily, the painful drugs they must take, having skin, scabs and charred flesh peeled every day is un-believable. The pain the parents see and feel while their children are recovering is un-believable.

My answer to your question is no, clusterheadaches are not the most painful. Clusterheadaches are a walk in the park.

God bless the children, the wonderful work of the Shriners and the great people that make that hospital one of the best in the world.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2002, 7:44pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #18 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 7:50pm »

Slammy, must agree.  What exactly IS the issue?  Yu da man. ;D  PERFECT.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #19 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 8:55pm »

If one looks at CH and burn pain, the latter is probably always worse in that it lingers and after short time becomes unnecessary.  Ch pain in completely unnecessary too but it doesn't linger nor open one up to deadly infection. We don't think of this aspect often but severe burns are worse than painful.

Feelin' good old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
freddii

Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 9:31pm »

can't say ch is the worst pain in the world, but i did have a finger ripped-off in a motorcycle accident and i can say that ch pain is worse than that.  i also read in time or maybe newsweek sometime back that ch is considered the worst recurring pain known to medical science.
IP Logged
markdavid
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 10:39pm »

When I get my f' en pain meter otta the calibration shop I'll set you all strait. Angry
IP Logged

Mark Hoebener
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #22 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 1:00am »

I once had a fairly large area of badly infected third degree burns, covering part of my left side, including the armpit. It took weeks to get it cleared up, and I still have the scars. About a week after the burns, a CH cycle started. I had nothing stronger than fiorinal on hand. This was before imitrex existed.

The pain from the burns was staggering, but I was able to ease it a bit for an hour or so at a time with topical lidocaine (which is a very big no-no, and definitely slowed the healing process, but I didn't care) and by swigging paregoric (powdered opium in an alcohol tincture).  

The pain from the CH was worse. Much worse. But it only lasted about ninety minutes to two hours, for only three or sometimes four hours a day.

It goes without saying that this was the worst time in my life. If I had had access to a pistol, I wouldn't be here today writing this post. Oddly enough, the sleep deprivation was perhaps even worse than the physical agony. I might have averaged 45 minutes of sleep per day for almost a month, and by two weeks into the ordeal I was hallucinating more or less constantly, and was barely coherent.

If I had to choose which pain to endure continuously in a completely unmedicated state, I would choose badly infected third-degree burns in a flash.  

pinky
IP Logged
jko

Email

« Reply #23 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 1:52am »

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've had people say things like "I know what your going through, I get migraines" or "I get tension headaches, I know how it feels" Bull Fuckin' shit!!!! I'm sorry my friend but you don't have a Goddamn clue what the pain of a CH is like, stick an IV needle into your eye socket and pump it full of hot water then bring it to a rolling boil and maybe you'll understand, now do it once or twice a day for about 6 months.  
I on the other hand have no idea what it's like to be a severe burn victim, lose an appendage, get shot, have a severe muscle disease, lose a child, lose a spouse etc. Obviously pain is relative to the individual and to the situation, thats why a support group like this works, we do understand.  
The old axiom "I was sad because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet" is a quaint sentiment however the fact that someone elses pain is greater doesn't lessen the severity of my pain, it only serves to increase my pain level because now I have empathetic feelings for them that add to my emotional load.  
All my life I've been a borderline empath, very sensitive to what other people are feeling and over the years I've had to learn to put up walls to protect myself from the emotions of others, if I didn't I'd be depressed or crying all the time, but I think that the pain of CH has taught me that everyone has their own demons in life to fight, this is mine, you have yours and no, I don't want to trade. JKO  

IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:58am »

Pinksharkman, I'd have to agree that the exhaustion is the hardest part to deal with outside the actual pain.

After attack after attack it wears you down to the point where you wish you were dead.  

My g/f died from cancer and I watched her go through many months of pain and exhaustion.  Morphine wasn't touching her pain, so there are always going to be people who's pain is worse or easier, I still maintain it's apples and oranges.  Every person deals with pain in different ways, and one persons pain is another persons annoyance.  I must say though, I tip my hat to you, on of my worst pain fears is burns!  I didn't even want to be cremated because of that fear of being burned!  You must be on strong MOFO.

Like Slammy said, there really is no issue, we all feel pain, and it is subjective, so comparing really doesn't accomplish anything.  I take comfort knowing my pain is real and that there are those out there who are suffering worse than I.  It keeps my perspective most of the time (other times I just want to kill anyone who says they hurt more than me LOL)

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss