Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just Saying Hello »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just Saying Hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just Saying Hello  (Read 357 times)
KaseyD

Email

Just Saying Hello
« on: Aug 16th, 2002, 10:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I found this link in my favorites but boy has the board changed since I was here last!

Well, it was a long, long time ago!  I thought I'd offer some possible hope for the CH sufferers.  

This month marks 2 years of no Clusters!!!  I have been a sufferer since 1979 and have never ever gone even close to this long without a single headache - I hope to God I'm not jinxing myself by posting here but I wanted to let you know it can happen.  My last cycle was the worst - 11 solid weeks with 2 to 5 a day and  then 3 more weeks of tapering off when I'd maybe get 1 or none in a day but then be back to them the next day.

Imitrex injections were the only thing to help (ever!).

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have a cycle in the next 6 months as I am pregnant with #4 and can't take any meds at all if I do.  I went through my first pregnancy with a 7 week cycle and it was, well - you all know how bad it was.  Childbirth doesn't even come close to the pain of CH's !!

I wish you all the very BEST and I hope you can all experience as much pain free time as I have!!  

Take care,

Kasey
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Just Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 11:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

God Bless you Kasey and thankyou for your reassurance that sometimes there can be miracles with CH... I hope your remission goes into forever... again thanks for the positive post... greatfully Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17th, 2002, 7:37am »

Hi Kasey
All i`m reading about cluster tells me that any major change in your body actually come out in long remision.
My case is that i had a heartattack last november  and i was diagnosed as a cronic.After the attack i have had only 9 single really easy clusterattacks.Nothing simular to before

On the way with number 4 ?
Planning to start your own soccer-team?   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I use the shots combined with oxygene.The oxy work nice up tp kip 6-7.If you having"not hoping you should"a attack try the oxygene.It helps but you should have at least 10lpm

Take care  

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17th, 2002, 8:10am »

and a ps alot of times women dont get CH during pregnancy  go figure... I had horrible Migraine the whole time I was pregnant with my first baby that is when my Migraine started... Maybe if we could ge a few of these guys pregnant we would have some success... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
KaseyD

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17th, 2002, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ree - Amen :lol

Svenn - I have tried the oxygen years and years ago - didn't do any good but maybe if I get a cycle before January, I'd try it again if I'm allowed (don't know why I wouldn't be).  Very interesting about the "changing life" stuff.

Mine have changed throughout the last 23 years.  There were consistently every 11 months for about  10 years then went to 13 months apart then before this I got 18 whole months before another cycle hit.  The problem was (it's a give and take  situation) they got worse and I had longer cycles when they grew farther apart.   I am praying that I never have another but I think that's just wishful thinking.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss