Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 1:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « curious »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   curious
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: curious  (Read 425 times)
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

curious
« on: Dec 11th, 2002, 10:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

To All you clusterheads in or out of cycle, episodic, chronic or supporter.  As I havent seen this surveyed before. ...   What is the average number of CH attacks that you get in a 24 hr period.  And average duration of attack as well as cycle length.. Also does the frequency change for any of you during cycle, not just the occasional day off. Like from 5 to 2 a day.       A Lot of guestions small space simple answers.    Just curious.  Thanks   MJ.
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

Re: curious
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 10:54pm »

Before starting meds, I was getting 3 to 5 attacks a day most days.  Sometimes more, sometimes less, but before verapamil I don't think I got any less than one at night, and one in the afternoon.

PFDAN......................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 11:09pm »

I wold have at least two cycles sometimes three a year.

They would last between 3 to 6 weeks

I had 4 to 6 a day, two of them were always noctural.

That should be sweet and small enough for you Cool

Charlie  Cool
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 9:12am »

years ago, it used to be about 3 or 4.  last couple of cycles, its been 1 LONG ONE (or 2 shorter ones with no real noticeable break between) always at night.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2002, 9:13am by brain_cramps » IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 9:24am »

Good question Jarvis....
1 or 2 cycles per year...
4 to 16 weeks in duration, the last two years have seen longer cycles.
2 to 4 blasters a day although this last cycle was almost always 2 slams a day, 12 hours apart, like clockwork.
Frequency has been steady for the last few years.
Later...
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
ave

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 10:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Unmedicated?

Every other hour, starting 9.00 pm  or  11.00 pm if I was lucky.
Going on till 5.00 am. Usually with a softie at 7.00 am.

Medicated some 3-4 of an evening/night that broke through.

At the mo, 2-3 in the daytime, hardly any pain; the night ones don't wake me.

Look at my sign-off.
IP Logged
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 10:34am »

Most episodes for me have been 3 to 5 a night lasting 15 minutes to 45 minutes.  An occasional hour to hour and 15 crops up, but is not the rule.

This cycle has been wierd.  Wake up each morning about 5:20 with one that lasts 30 to 45 minutes.  It is the only one I have a night and sometimes I skip a night, but always between 5 and 5:20.

I have not been taking any medication this cycle except nasal imitrex which I have run out of at home.  I have one left int he office that one day I will remember to take home.
IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 11:43am »

When this hell started it was usually 2 at night.  Then it would be 2 at night and 1 or 2 during the day.  Since I've started taking verapamil and amerge at night before bedtime, I get hit 2 times during the evening.  Once at 5:00 and again at 8:00.  

They normally last between 45 to 60 minutes.  If I only give myself a half dose of imitrex, it's back full force within 2 hours.  With a full shot of imitrex, 3 hours in between and sometimes I don't get the second one.  I've been on lithium now for 3 or 4 weeks.  Haven't gotten hit since last Tuesday...but still getting wicked shadows.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
marty
New Board Old Timer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 12:09pm »

I get hit around May of every year - last until August. 3 times per night and usually once per day at 9:00 AM.  

Last cycle different with 4 - 6 "hits" in the day time - not as hard K-5 or 6 during the day, usually K-7 or 8's at night.

The time duration seem to be the same, about 45 minutes.

As to "days of" during a cycle - never happens - unless I am cycling out durning the final two or three days..

Marty
IP Logged
sueellen83
New Board Veteran
USA 

Shoot me and get it over with!!!!!

nsueellen83   nsueellen83
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 1:17pm »

Good question Jarvis,  

Cycle startes with 1 CH in early AM increases to 4 to 5 daily.

Attacks last from 45 minutes to 3 hours as cycle progresses.

Cycle lasts 12 to 16 weeks.

Interresting to see what other peoples cycles are like.  thanks for the question, Jarvis.
IP Logged
Dave_W
New Board Junior

Pain Free Days!!!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 9:38am »

Hi Jarvis,

I do one cycle per 12 mos, it lasts 3 to 5 months.

During cycle, I get 1 to 4 attacks per day, duration of an attack is 30 minutes minimum to 3 hours maximum (rare), average is probably about 90 minutes.

Daily frequency doesn't change throughout the cycle but severity seems to.  Occasional surprise pain-free-days maybe 4 or 5 times per cycle, totally random.

Interesting topic -- maybe we could do another live topic survey like the big one posted at left, or add to it?

PFD's all,

Old Dave
IP Logged

Old Decrepit Dave
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 9:50am »

For the first 20 years it was one cycle every 8 or 9 months, 4-6 weeks long, 2-3 attackes per day.

Last 12 years it's been a cycle every 2 1/2 years, 4-15 weeks long.  Still 2-3 attakcs a day, 1PM, 7PM and 1 1/2 hours after going to bed.  Also the odd attack every time hub sends me e-mail.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
StanTheMan
New Board Veteran
USA 

"I can do all things through Christ..."

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 10:18am »

My cycles run about 18 months apart.  Each cycle would last about 4 - 6 weeks.

Up until the last one I had, I only had one per day -- usually late afternoon or early evening, occaisonally late evening.  The attacks usually last about 1.5 hrs.(including the shadow after the beast backs off.)

But like 'ol Rev. just said, this last cycle was wierd -- for me, at least.  I was getting hit at all hours. Plus, I was getting 2 attacks per day, which had never happened before.

After reading these posts, you're probably seeing that there's absolutely nothing predictable about the beast!

Regards and prayers for PFDAN to all.

StanTheMan Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2002, 10:23am by StanTheMan » IP Logged

"All the days of the afflicted are bad, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast." - - - - - Proverbs 15:15
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 11:27am »

I'm chronic.  On good days, I get 3 h/aches a day (every 8 hours).  On bad days, 8 (every 3 hours).   Lips Sealed
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 6:51pm »

on Dec 13th, 2002, 9:50am, Bob P wrote:
Also the odd attack every time hub sends me e-mail.

Speaking of Hub, where has he been?
IP Logged

Click The Flag
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 7:10pm »

MJ - only three cycles for me. 2 - 2 1/2 yr remissions. First cycle was 8 weeks, second was 16 weeks, last one was going on 10 weeks when the (new to me) Verapamil kicked in. My hits always started slow (2 - 3 a day) then peaked with 6 - 8 a day, then tapered off until I'd go days without a hit, then an occasional one, then shadows, then Bye Bye, see ya later. The intensity always ramped up also. With the worst hits being the most frequent ones during the peak.
God - what a truly horrid condition, disease, symptom, whatever the hell this thing is.
IP Logged
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 12:13am »

Interesting stuff. So much alike yet all a little different...     With me sometimes chronic [over 18 months] mostly episodic.    When cycling its  every 13 months like clockwork.   historically was allways 8-10 per day lasting 1 to 2 hrs  over a span of 3-4 months. About 2 weeks ago I changed from the 8-10 attacks and went to 3 a night and they have stayed that way.     This change has never occurred till now.  Wishing  all our pains would just pack up and go away.      This post was read a lot hope more contribute.   thanks all.
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 1:30am »

Mopar says he hasn't had more than two days without a headache for two years, maybe more.
Anywhere from two to eight per day, with no pattern concerning day and night - they come any old time.
They occur in varying intensities - 5% -10% he can sit through without Imitrex.
He thinks maybe they build up in intensity to a real killer, then taper off again. Like a wave, maybe, peaking at Kip10 and bottoming out at around Kip3.
But never more than 48 hours PF.
He'd LOVE to be episodic..................
This is a good idea Jarvis!
firebrix and Mopar

IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Tim_w
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Finer than frogs hair!

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 5:49am »

When episodic, 5or6 aday 18 weeks at a time, spring and fall.
  Chronic for 3 years, With only imitrex up to 12 aday,with verapamil & maxalt 1to 6 aday, last 45 min to 1 hour.

All we want for Cristmas is a pain free day !!!  Grin

pfdan to all and to all agood night   Timw
IP Logged

We will all go to HEAVEN we have been to HELL! -(Personal Quote) YES There is life out There (Thank you to my new suporters)
They say this will only make me stronger but I did not ask to be SUPERMAN
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 7:16am »

16 years ago when this started, I didn’t keep track of frequency or levels. One of the great things about this site, is that now, after reading so much info, I am much more aware of all the frequuency aspects. In the beginning my cycles were 3+ yrs. apart, it dropped to 2+ yrs. for awhile and this last remission was 20 months. My cycle before this one lasted 8 weeks and two days. I get a nightly Big One, anywhere from 15 mins. to 11/2 hours after falling asleep, used to always be a Kip-10, but now taking Maxalt or Zomig before bed for the last couple of weeks, I either sleep through or wake up a couple or three times with Kip 2-3 shadows. Only once during this time has a real screamer broken through. Even if I get just 3-4 hrs. sleep, it is a major change from 30+ hours awake. Around 3-5 pm, right before work, the shadows increase, like something is really coming on, but since I am awake, I hit the O2 and back them off. The rest of the waking hours, I have mostly continual, but relatively insignificant shadows. Never done an injection. The Big One has never been over 2 hours, without meds. Using triptan dissovlving tabs at the onset in conjunction with O2, everything is under control within 10-25 mins. I know I am one of the lucky ones.

Peace,

David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
jonny

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 10:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Chronic and medicated and still 4 in the last 24 hours and the 02 has run out, so im surfing The Zomig highway till tommorrow when I can reup the 02.

................jonny
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 10:34am »

Bradley started all this over 15 yrs ago and unmedicated for over a year (usual misdiagnose's of sinus,stress,brain tumors...given scrips fer vailum, anitibiotics, allergy meds and sprays)....his attakcs lasted bout two hours each twice a day at exact 12 hour intervals. Starts out 'harder faster' these days....not much of a pattern time wise this last time....cycle lasted bout 7 weeks but got hit quick this time. Started out strong then taper'd down 'somewhat' in intensity mid cycle takein 2 ta 4 imitrex a day and verapimil and lots of shadows day and nite. Attacks were down to 15 to 20 minutes but seems to get more with shorter durations first off. No fun and no rest for the wicked !.....(ps:...had ta modify this....spelled Bradley wrong......I get the big DUH award fer that one. I need a vacation)..........Pam
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2002, 10:37am by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 10:47am »

Wes .....Had a bad case of the flu....then started hving the CH ...
 1st year.....To begin with they were kip6/7 every week for about 8 weeks 2 daily on a sunday....
Then just.... headaches or shadows?? for about 6 months,  
Next cycle couple of times a week normally at weekends 2 a day kip 6/7....First year no medication except over the counter.
2nd Year...The beast really went to town, 16 weeks 2/5 per 24 hours, normally about 11/2 hours after going to sleep or early in morning, 1am 5am 10am 3pm, 8pm 10.30pm favourite times....
This year...last cylcle ended April headaches until September then the beast returned and is still OUTSTAYING his welcomebut I think he's getting the msg.....Imigran 50mg tablet form as they aren't happy to let us have O2, but back to neuro on monday....armed with loads of info from this website...thankyou .
up to 5 a day mid cycle kip 7/8 on average..kip 9/10 of at night...no breaks inbetween, shadows nearly always there.
Think hes coming to the end of this one now, fingers crossed, shadows but otherwise pf for 2 days and nights.....

Happy crimbo to you all have enjoyed reading yr replies.
Wishing you all PFDAN's  
Cathy Smiley
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss