Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 1:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verapamil&Marevan »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verapamil&Marevan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verapamil&Marevan  (Read 345 times)
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

Verapamil&Marevan
« on: Dec 12th, 2002, 2:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Some time ago"1 year ago “I had a heart attack as most of you know. They put me on verapamil and Marevan”Bloodthinners”.I am diagnosed clusterhead.The strange thing happened and that was I got hit when I woke up in the ER after the heartattack.After they put me on those 2 meds the Cluster has gone
Have checking around for some times now. And I have found 11 people that tells me that this combination of verap and marevan makes miracles. The only problems seems that nobody of the neuroes knows what’s happens. Not even the pharmacologist.
The cardiologist thinks that it could be a chemical reaction that makes my cluster life better. Still no attack. And I was diagnosed as a chronic before.
Of course its natural to be skeptic for new meds.Marevan in Norway is in no way harmless. Since 1992 up to today there have been over 400 OD deaths because of that. So we can be agreeing on that this is in no way candy.
Some of the greatest neuroes here in Norway has supplied me with this info. They have also said that this is the reason they are afraid to try this in a bigger scale.
My next question then has to be if Marevan is that dangerous, why is this first medication the cardio give us when we have cardio-problems. The problem with this is that the optimal level in the blood should be between 2,3-2.8.
But without any logical explanation the next test it could be close to 4,0 in your blood.
Perhaps this is the reason that the neuroes is afraid of this stuff. I think this subject could be interesting to test just so we can see if its any hold in this. At this time I take 1X120mg Verapamil Retard daily+3X2,5mg Marevan.Verapamil was not even close to this alone before the heartattack.Even when I used 6-7X120 a day. So something has been happen. One way or another. Agree?
I have a very hard time here to find a neuro here that are willing testing this in a bigger scale.
Any suggestion on next step on this subject?
Another strange thing is that i just got the writtenanswer after my angiograohy,and there it says that i still SHOULD USE the trex-shots when needed, "dont complain on that".A lot of this dont make any sence for me.Just hope that some on the board has heard of some simular cases around so please let me know

Your friend in Norway

Svenn
IP Logged

SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

Re: Verapamil&Marevan
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 4:02am »

Svenn and others,

Here’s the scoop on Marevan or generically, warfarin sodium (Basically it is a blood thinner)

Drug Name: Warfarin Sodium tablets
Company: Barr Laboratories
Approval Status: Approved March 1997

Treatment for: Anticoagulant, or "blood thinner" to keep blood clots from forming or getting larger

Drug Classes: Anticoagulants

BRAND NAMES: Aldocumar; Athrombin; Coumadan Sodico; Coumadin; Coumadine; Dimantil; Farin; Marevam; Marevan; Orfarin; Panwarfin; Simarc-2; Sofarin; UniWarfin; Waran; Warfarina; Warfil 5; Warfilone

Understanding the Anticoagulant Medication (Crystalline Warfarin Sodium (Coumadin)

Throughout this document, the anticoagulant medication will be referred to by the commonly used generic and brand names: warfarin (Coumadin).  

Introduction
Your doctor has put you on an anti-coagulant medication. "Anti" means against and "coagulant" means causing blood clotting. Therefore, this anticoagulant medication controls the way your blood clots inside your blood vessels.

This booklet contains information about the anticoagulant medication warfarin (Coumadin). Your understanding of this information will help make your anticoagulant therapy as successful as possible, reduce the chance of complications, and help you lead a more normal life while taking this medication. Please read it carefully and talk with your doctor if you have any questions.

What anticoagulants do
An anticoagulant helps your body control how fast your blood clots; therefore, it prevents clots from forming inside your arteries, veins, or heart during certain medical conditions.

If you have a blood clot, this anticoagulant may prevent the clot from getting larger. It may also prevent a piece of the clot from breaking off and traveling to your lungs, brain, or heart. The anticoagulant medication does not dissolve the blood clot; however, with time this clot may dissolve on its own.  

I don’t know. Do you think that “thinner blood” works in conjunction with Verapamil to just relieve the pressure of the arterys on the nerve?

PFDAN

David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

Re: Verapamil&Marevan
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 5:35am »

I have no other explanation then when they put me on Marevan my cluster has almost stopped.Only rare "shadows" or what you call it.
The strange thing is as i told you i`m a diagnosed cronic.Used plenty with verap before the heartattack.But it was after they gave me the Marevan it stopped.

btw this is just a question if it can be something here that nobody has thought about yet

Svenn
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss