Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 1:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New sufferer »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New sufferer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New sufferer  (Read 281 times)
Lapsi_Harmaahapsi
New Board Veteran

Email

New sufferer
« on: Dec 14th, 2002, 2:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That would be me.
Visited a smart neuro yesterday, got diagnosed pretty much immediately and now I have a script(?) for some Verapamil and some Imitrex-shots. For the first time ever.

This neuro really seemed to know what he was talking about, and he said that Verapamil can ward off even 95 % of the attacks, so shots & oxygen shouldn't really be needed. If V doesn't work miracles soon, we'll try oxygen and maybe some other preventative along with V.

For the 1st time in my life I'm glad I'm in cycle  

He also told me something I've never heard before: meegraines can "evolve" into clusters.
IP Logged

- Aleksi
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

Re: New sufferer
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 7:30am »

Glad to hear ya got what ya need.  That's great news !!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 10:40am »

Lapsi - this is the treatment I used to become PF. But I did have O2 as an abortive. I had to adjust the Verap dosage after about 7 days because I was still getting breakthrough.
Good Luck and isn't it nice to have hope again
domm
IP Logged
Lapsi_Harmaahapsi
New Board Veteran

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 11:35am »

Yeah, this has been a good year. Learned the name of the Beast in the end of my last cycle in february, and now I can face this new armed.  It's sweet to know that this "condition" has a name, and there's meds to ease the pain. And it's even better to actually HAVE those meds! Cheesy

Bought some Verap 15 minutes ago, not sure when I dare to start using it..  
Had a bout on tuesday and another last night. Both woke me up and caused some dancing. I guess I'm suffering from the "what if these are strays, I'll better wait to make sure" -syndrome. Ah, what the heck, I'll start tomorrow morning. Got 30 pills to test, plenty left on scrip.  
Starting at 2 x 200 mg/day, can go up to 3 if needed without further consulting.
Wish me luck! or did you do it already?  Grin
IP Logged

- Aleksi
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 1:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dude,  

Start the Verap now, its going to take a few days to build a level in your body thats good enough to fight the beast.

You dont want to start it when your getting nailed with big time CH.

Good luck, Bro

.........................jonny
IP Logged
Lapsi_Harmaahapsi
New Board Veteran

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2002, 2:23pm »

Thanks.
Yea, I gave up and popped one an hour after my last post. Figured out (the smart guy that I am) that it probably doesn't matter much if I start it in the evening or in the morning  Roll Eyes  and that I really don't need a 3rd attack to make me a believer.

Eww..  those babies have a plastic "shell". If V causes constipation you'll end up with 5 kg's worth of capsules in you.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2002, 2:24pm by Lapsi_Harmaahapsi » IP Logged

- Aleksi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss