Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Intro »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Intro
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Intro  (Read 722 times)
Mopar
New Board Newbie

Email

Intro
« on: Dec 17th, 2002, 6:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Greetings to my new family!
My supporter, firebrix has been on the board a long time now, she is my lifeline and love of my life.
I thought it was about time I joined up.

History:
I'm 45 years old, a refractory bricklayer, self employed.
Been chronic for at least two years and spent a lotta time asking "Why the F*** ME?" as I guess everyone did.
I started off with a hopeless doctor who's only comment was "Do you have a drug problem?" I was finally diagnosed two years ago when I finally got to see a neuro.
I now have a good doctor who is doing his best to help, but we have learned more from this site than anywhere.
I've been thru' the run of meds - too many to recall now, but they are all well known. Prednisone, Verapamil, Lithium, Celebrex, Amaprazole, Magnesium, Indomethacin, carbamazapine, and many others but finally got on to Imitrex injections which is the only thing that works.
I have tried methadone, and  morphine but all I got was a habit and only some relief, but it did make it a little easier.
At the moment I'm weaning off the opiods - not easy.
Also tried O2 but no luck there. The doc wants me to try nitrous oxide - should be good for a laugh.
I currently average between two and eight HA each day tho' lately I've had the odd days with no headaches.
Today I'm going to the hospital to be operated on for carpal tunnel release on both arms. I'm going to need a good friend!
I have a good sense of humour (vital in these circumstances) and have been known to swear occasionally! I do not use alcohol, but smoke.
I don't know how some of you guys survive - esp. those long-time sufferers. Pain doesn't build character and if I ever find the person who said that...........
I'll kick him shitless!!!
Reading posts from fellow sufferers has helped - just knowing there are other people out there in the same boat. I'll contribute anything I can, but firebrix will have to type for me for a while!
Love Light and happiness to you all
PFDAN
Mopar
IP Logged

Love many,trust few and always paddle your own canoe
jonny

Email

Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 7:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Carpal tunnel on both?.........Ouch!!

Welcome aboard, Bro.

......................jonny
IP Logged
Mopar
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 7:38pm »

Thanx Jonny
Much appreciated bro
occupational hazard with brikkis I'm afraid
It's a lot easier to deal with carpal tunnel than the beast Cool
King since 1926?Just how old are you bro?LOL
Have a great day mate.
PFDAN
Mopar Clown Prince
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2002, 7:39pm by Mopar » IP Logged

Love many,trust few and always paddle your own canoe
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 7:39pm »

Nice to see you around and hope to read more from you in the future. Shame it is under these circumstances.
I hope your surgery goes well.

PFDAN

Silver Dolphins
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 7:45pm »

Mopar - used to use "ramtight" on my TOs   ;D , anyway, sorry to hear you are in pain. You've got a great supporter in firebrix. Hope the surgery goes well and we see you back here soon.
take care
domm
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 7:48pm »

Welcome....I tried nitrous oxide b-4.....several years ago at a party and was in a balloon...my girfriend said it was cool....boy it sorta skeeert me cuz I did it then about 10 seconds later I lost my balance "big time" ...no control... went flyin sideways and fell hard.....good thin I wasn't on the sidea a cliff....be careful with that stuff tay !?? Yeah I know....bad bad bad cootie !!  Pam......
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 8:21pm »

Hi Mopar!
Sorry you are getting hit so hard and that you haven't had any luck finding a med that works.  Good luck on the surgery.  a double OUCH for you!!  Sheesh!

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 9:14pm »

hey Mopar....'bout dam' time ya made yer presence felt... yer lady is about what a *supporter* should be...... and us *alternative* seekers need to know that we have a brother in the southern Hemisphere.... hoping you find your key to this MOFO.......  

Quote:
Also tried O2 but no luck there. The doc wants me to try nitrous oxide - should be good for a laugh.

I hope yer using the o2 CORRECTLY.. 'brix will set ya straight, no doubt..... the info is HERE, somewhere...... and I would be VERY fuckin' interested in yer doc's input about nitrous.... something I have been trying to track down... only seems *normal*= it hurts, but I don't CARE...lke when the dentist gives it to ya......

anyway, glad to see ya here...sorry ya have to be.....

best regards mate.....Steve(N4H)
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 9:41pm »

Hey, welcome to the board !!!  Bout time !!!!  I would give the O2 another shot, make sure you are using it right and get to it when the headache first begins.  I find that it will bring down a real banger but not get rid of it; but if I catch it before it skyrockets .. well, then I can abort it.  
Give it a second whirl and make sure you are using it right.    

Good luck on the surgery !!!!  And we'll be looking forward to hearing from you/firebrix about how you are making out !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 10:10pm »

Welcome Mopar, it's great to hear from you.  Your supporter, Firebrix, is obviously very supportive.

Personally, I would be very afraid to try nitrous oxide because it seems to be a vasodilator... which is usually what clusterheads try to avoid.  Basically, it would do the opposite of what imitrex does.  My claims are based upon this link:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_info1.shtml

I hope you find stuff here that helps you, and good luck with your carpal tunnel surgery.

IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 10:39pm »

hey mopar,
   i just wanted to add my welcome and say that i have been enjoying your lady's posts. looks kllike ya gotta good one there.
sorry about the upcoming surgery and i am not gonna get crude and ask how or who is gonna perform some necessary bodily functions for ya! i leave those kinda questions for jonny lol

ya seem all right for a dodge guy... tim
IP Logged

I AM THE MASTER OF MY MIND, MY BODY, AND MY EMOTIONS...
it's just my head that sucks...http://www.centerforlit.com/

Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 9:06am »

Mopar,
Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery.
Wishing firebrix the best of luck being your hands for 6 weeks. Smiley
Take care
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 9:16am »

Mopar, Sorry you've had to find us but welcome aboard.......good luck with the surgery, keep us posted.
 Smiley
Wishing you PFDAN's

Cathy & Wes
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 10:19am »

Hi there Mopar,
Sorry to hear about your sugery and hope that it will bring your hands some relief finally!...
Its nice to see you here, Firebrix always posts about you.... she is a terrific and sparky gal... and obviously a great supporter.  
Good luck & prayers for you on a successful surgery and speedy recovery.... say hi to Firebrix for me!!!  
Peppermint Wink
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
SFChris

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 10:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Mopar,

This is a great place to find additional support (in addition to Firebrix).  Let us know how the surgery turns out...

BTW-There are alot of ex-pat Kiwis living in the Bay Area here.  Where in New Zealand do you live?

Chris
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 10:40am »

Hey Mopar... I had that surgery~~~ shoulda had one done at a time.... whiping your hiney should be done by you and only you... all kidding aside good luck you will get relief... i needed alot of therapy also after... but it was worth it. ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 10:50am »

Welcome Mopar,
     You and Firebrix have been a very refreshing addition to my life, I got the picture of you in the limestone covered chamber but the other photo's did not come through nor the music, if you don't mind I'll post a link to your picture so everyone can place a face with the name?
    Let me know and I will wait until I hear from you before putting your ruggedly handsome mug on the Internet! LOL! And Give that wonderful lady of your a huge hug for Old Sailpappy!
     I think this is the perfect Graphic for you, My friend, at least it's kind of like the picture, just no Hard hat!
Ok, Where is that Kiln you need fixed?

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2002, 10:51am by sailpappy » IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 5:21pm »

Welcome Mopar,
Sorry you need us but glad you are here. I have had to chance to self administer large quantites of no2 and I can say from experience it didn't help my CH. I dont think it hurt, that is I dont remember it being a trigger. It was kinda fun. I am a little skeptical of its benefit it treating CH for a couple of reasons, some in eyes of fire link and the fact the no2 displaces oxygen, which is what we want to INCREASE in our bloodsteam during an attack. This is pure speculation on my part though. If it has a benefical effect please let us know. Good luck in your up coming surgery.
Mark  

IP Logged

Click The Flag
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 7:57pm »

Welcome to our ward. Have to agree with the other jerks here. They know of what they speak. You will find more info here than anywhere....good and weird but for the most part, pretty helpful.

Good luck with the surgery and stick around.

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 1:14am »

Thanks everyone!
Haven't felt so welcome in an awful long time.
firebrix is typing for me so its coming up under her post, cos its a bit hard to type with both hands bandaged!
I'll take on board the warning about nitous from eyes a fire and others - thanx guys - makes a lotta sense, what you said. I'll also try the O2 again and do it the way firebrix tells me! Actually I'll do anything firebrix tells me at the moment - my name's Warren, but my friends call me Wazza.  
Sailpappy - whatever you do is cool with me brother. Firebrix is sending you some pix of the pair of us. Shame you didn't get the music - she'll try again.
SFChris - we live in the Bay of Plenty in the North Island in a little country town on the coast. Say Kia Ora to your Kiwi friends for us.
Surgery went really well - tho' I awoke with a massive headache - Kip10 but firebrix has posted about this.
Once again thanks for making me feel so welcome
I know I have the best supporter anyone could hope for. (she's blushing here) One day I'll tell you how we met and then she'll really blush, but I'll save that up til I can use both arms again!
PFDAN to you all
Mopar
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 1:21pm »

Good to see ya on the board.  You've got a good supporter there.  Wishing you pain free days, and a speedy recovery m8!  Good luck!

PFDAN................................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #21 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 2:03am »

Mopar,

Good to finally meet you.  That's quite a supporter you've got there, my friend.  

I hope you are able to find some relief whatever you've got to do.  It's good to hear someone walk in here sounding so positive while dealing with this MOFO.

CoolR
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 22nd, 2002, 3:47am »

on Dec 18th, 2002, 10:40am, Ree wrote:
Hey Mopar... I had that surgery~~~ shoulda had one done at a time.... whiping your hiney should be done by you and only you... all kidding aside good luck you will get relief... i needed alot of therapy also after... but it was worth it. ree

I think I need a lot of therapy now. Friggin' Ree. LOL That was too funny.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss