Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update on hubby »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update on hubby
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on hubby  (Read 259 times)
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

Update on hubby
« on: Dec 19th, 2002, 11:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I promised to let you guys know how Red's (my husband's) test results came back. The nurse had wished for better news and so did we. Not only is the treatment not working but his "viral load" (or the amount of virus from the HepC) has doubled since he began treatment 14 weeks ago. I can't even imagine where he would be if he were not on the meds.  

The insurance will continue to pay for six months of treatment, and since it does slow up the destruction to the liver while not killing the disease we will continue with that until the 6 months is up. While the treatment has "kicked his ass" in more ways than one, we have decided that at least fighting the liver failure we have a chance.  

In the meantime, the doctors are looking at other treatment measures they might try on hubby. It might be a longer haul than we thought ... but hey, we are still fighting the fight and that is all that matters.  

Thanks for all the prayers so far, more would be welcome. I am sure God has some kind of plan here for us .... just not sure what at this point. But I am keeping the faith !!!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

Re: Update on hubby
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 12:35pm »

Sad
Hi OneEyeBlind, so sorry to hear your bad news, my prays are with you and Red, Im here for you if you need me as I am sure is everyone else, keep your chin up...

Cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

StanTheMan
New Board Veteran
USA 

"I can do all things through Christ..."

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 12:49pm »

Nancy,

Hang in threre, both of you!  Very sorry to hear of you and Red's struggles, but yes, the Lord has a plan.  

Sending up some prayers right now for you and your husband.

In His love,

Stan
IP Logged

"All the days of the afflicted are bad, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast." - - - - - Proverbs 15:15
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 1:22pm »

Nancy,
     I e-mailed you yesterday, I have misplaced your phone number and need it again, I wanted to call last night and now maybe I can see why it felt so urgent, Terri and I turned the house upside down trying to find the number with no luck, e-mail me the number so I can call you and Steve, Please, Pretty Please with a cherry on top!   Pappy

PS. Remember the Treatment didn't work for me either, I was told 6 months to 2 years at best, I just celebrated the 4th annaversary of picking up the Grandkids to Live with us on the 7th of this month so that means it's been 4 years since the treatment too! My viral load is at 10 million now and I am not giving up either! Keep the Faith, You were so possitive in the begining when we first talked, don't lose that possitiveness now Sweety!
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2002, 1:27pm by sailpappy » IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:34pm »

Nancy - my thoughts are with you and Red. There is always hope, new treatments are always making their way to the forefront. I read an article the other day about a doc who took out a mans cancerous liver, blasted it with radiation and put it back in. We live in a time of medical miracles.
Hang in there
domm
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:44pm »

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for keeping us posted on Red. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas. Best wishes for the Holidays. Here is a link to the article domm mentioned
http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993193

........miracles.
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 8:27pm »

Thoughts and prayers going to you and your hubby from me.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 9:08pm »

Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes and prayers.  We are NOT giving up by any means ... it's just another bump in the road.  Hell, my husband is hell bent on taking care of that first grandson we have on the way !!!!  Looking forward to that little miracle in the midst of the chaos.  

Sailpappy, I'll be calling you for some of that wisdom you share so well !!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 9:48pm »

Keep on keepin on Nancy,
Vibes going up to your hubby and pappy!!
Vibes and wishes and prayers from this board have done some wonderful things.
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss