Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Damn this beast... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Damn this beast...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Damn this beast...  (Read 951 times)
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

Re: Damn this beast...
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 11:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I did have O2 for a little while there but gave the tank back because it wasnt working then, I lost patience and felt so bad for using someone elses oxygen. I know that that is stupid but what can I say....

As for the imitrex, I never turn anyone down (and I know it is not supposed to be done). There was a problem with distance with one person but never a moment when I turned someone down...too desperate for that.  

As for the verapamil, been there and done that. I started at 200 mgs and did go up to 960  mg but my system couldnt handle that high of a dose. Was also on it with lithium but my levels went haywire, so had to discontinue it. That was one of the last ones that I was on....

I would write more, but my ear is ringing and I know what that means, sorry.  

I am sorry for the confusion and all...thanks for the help.

Jill  Angry

Damn this beast...I hate him Angry
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 1:40am »

Jill, so sorry!   //// DAMN THE BEAST......

Just to give a little light in these days, when you will be in Italy, don't ask "where are my peas?"   Pea is a nick for the .....hmmmmm.... man apparatus for breeding..... oh fuck! .... the dick ..... ;D ;D ;D

Let me know if you need some Imitrex, I have a good number at home, just let me an I.M. with your address

Ciao, half WOP...... ;D ;D ;D

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 1:52am »

Thanks Riccardo..needed that laugh.

Two oclock in the morning here and I just want to sleep, is that so much. So tired, so damn tired....

Damn this beast! Angry

I was going to say that today, was going to be good but since the damn beast wont let one day end and another to begin....well...forget it.  

So damn the beast, another dance danced and yet more to come........stupid jerk...

Jill Angry Cry

Still a bad day...wait does that mean that today is another bad day because that is worse that it continuing from yesterday....oh well...still..damn this beast.   Embarassed
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 3:05am »

You do sound miserable. This thing with not having O2 doesn't make sense. I've never had to use it but I know there must be a way to get the stuff. It's used by so many, so many things.  Others here can give you some ideas.  No one has the right to get in your way of using this benign treatment.  

Try the technique again. You have nothing to lose but pain.  

Dr. Wright's Circulatory Technique

This is not transcendental meditation, imagery, relaxation, or anything psychic. It's entirely physical and takes a lot of work and concentration. Give this method a good workout. It’s not a miracle, but it’s been helpful to many.

When I was diagnosed, my neurologist said to treat this as a vascular problem. I was told to concentrate on “redirecting” blood circulation in order to retard flow to the head.  This is done by trying to “send” blood into the arms and hands or other extremities. When properly done, your hands will become warm and redder with increased circulation. I also found it easier to concentrate on one hand.  

This relieves just slightly, the pressure on the affected vessel, which indirectly causes our pain. We all have this ability but it can be exhausting. I was often able shorten my attacks from about half an hour to no more than a few minutes. Sometimes, when awake, I could entirely abort the attack IF I KEPT AT IT. Often, I would suffer only minor discomfort instead of excruciating pain. Do not stop just because your hands are warm or redder. Keep this up until you are sure it's subsided.  If you let up or lose concentration, it’s very hard to restart this process.  It may take some time but when this works, the relief is almost immediate.  

I learned this from the doctor in a few minutes. He simply told me to try to keep blood away from the head. He thought it easiest to concentrate on the arms and hands but any place that works for you is fine. He said to think of it as "filling your hands" with redirected blood.  It’s important to keep at it THROUGH the pain. This will be difficult, but it’s the only way this technique will work. Don’t let up until you are sure the attack has ended.  

This will not always work, but I think it will always have at least some effect on the severity and duration of the attacks. It can be useful between medications or while waiting for some other drug to take effect. All it takes is a little practice. It was fairly easy to learn and what I'm writing here is more than I got from the doctor, as I've drawn from my own experience.

When awakened in horrible pain, it’s very hard to focus, but I think it’s always worth a try. This costs nothing but hard work, is harmless, non-invasive, and it gives us a fighting chance.  

I wish you the best of luck - Charlie Strand

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 8:50am »

Damn this beast, cant seem to stop yelling it.  Angry

So for the rest of the world this is another day, for me it is a continuation of yesterday and tha day before and the day before that and so on, when do the days end?  ???

The beast keeps knocking at my door, I slam it and he finds a window...what the hell...just leave me alone....

Do you think if we all yelled for him to F off (sorry) and to leave us all the hell alone, he would leave? Yeah right.  

This probably makes no sense and I suppose that I shouldnt post this anymore but damn it, the damn beast wont leave me the hell alone.... Angry

I try that technique when the pain is not too bad to concentrate, not much I know but I try...thanks

And as for the oxygen, if I wasnt a poor college kid with nasty parents.... shouldnt say that, I could pay the damn copay...

Okay that is enough, sorry guys.  

Jill  Cry  Angry  

Damn this beast, no coffee, no peas....9:30 in the morning and my bad day continues....just great..... >: (sorry)

Oh right and....uh...happy holidays...not feeling it here, but those that are, have a great one... Embarassed
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2002, 8:54am by Jill » IP Logged

Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 10:44am »

Damn it......

Shadows before, building into another damn dance...... damn it.... Angry

What the hell am I supposed to do? Too tired for this crap today and little strength to fight him, pleaing does not good.... Cry

Dont care if anyone reads this or cares, just need to yell it but cant do that, so this will have to do....sorry.... Embarassed

Here we go....damn it.....

Jill  Angry  

Damn this beast......last time, promise...
IP Logged

brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 11:00am »

Tried to lure the bastard over to my place with a gallon of whiskey last night, hoping he'd leave you alone for a while.

Learned a couple things:
1. he can do more than one thing (or person) at a time.
2. even after 8 weeks of only shadows, he hasn't forgotten my address.  (I know your praying you ONLY had shadows!)
3. some days, I'm smart like cucumber.
IP Logged
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 12:38pm »

Damn this beast....

Just wanted to add a thanks to this madness. Cant say much more than....thanks.

Sorry that the whiskey didnt work.....think that if I drown myself in it I wont feel the pain. Guess not.. Roll Eyes

That is all, thanks and damn this beast.....sad when those are the only words that I can say.... Undecided

Oh right, and damn the heater.....it broke today. The house is kinda cold now.....guess that is what they get for stealing my damn peas, not sharing the coffee and kicking me to the barn...sorry, that was kinda mean.. Embarassed

Off I go....damn this beast....

Jill Angry  Cry

sorry.  Sad
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss