Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Frova and Depakote? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Frova and Depakote?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Frova and Depakote?  (Read 259 times)
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

Frova and Depakote?
« on: Dec 19th, 2002, 5:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My neuro put me on frova to abort and depakote for a prevent. He was reluctant to give me oxygen, but suggested we go that route should this method fail as well as imitex injection.

Has anyone here used these two meds? What were yor results?

Hopeful, but leery.

PFDAN

Silver Dolphins
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
rat
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Frova and Depakote?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:32pm »

depakote did mothing for me. I tried the Oxygen with great results, esp because insurance covered at the time. I am going to get a tank again as soon as I have the same coverage again. Push for the oxygen, it is drug free!! Rat
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:56pm »

Dear Silver:

Never tried Frova but I was on depakote for about 5-6 weeks.  Started with 500mg daily and upped to 1000mg daily.  Didn't work.  As a matter of fact my cycle got worse after I started the depakote.  Of course, I may have gone to hell in a handcart anyway, without the depakote - but I'm not so sure.

Good luck and wishing you all PFDAN always, Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Ueli

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 8:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Frova (Frovatriptan) is one of the newer triptans and distinguished from the others by its long half live of 26 hours. correspondingly it is slow to kick in (about an hour) and therefore absolutely not suitable as an abortive  Sad.
Depending how much your neuro rx'ed (and how much the ins. pays for), you could use it as a short time preventative. It could also be useful to prevent the all-day-shadows.

IP Logged
Frank

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 8:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

adepakote didn't do anything for me either  Cry Have you tried verapamil as a preventative? Works for a lot of us.

I don't know what your doctor's reluctance to prescribing O2 is about. You can't get high from it, and it doesn't mess with your heart, and is a heck of a lot cheaper than Frovo or Imitrex. Maybe because most HMO insurance won't cover it without pre-authorization?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss