Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « picture this »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   picture this
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: picture this  (Read 608 times)
pimmony
New Board Junior

Email

picture this
« on: Dec 20th, 2002, 7:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: picture this
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 7:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Been there, done that and have the T-shirt.

Nice pic.

.........................jonny
IP Logged
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 7:32pm »

Has this been copyrighted? If so, who holds the rights?
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
pimmony
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 6:17am »

I hold the rights, I drew it as a tribute to how I felt after .one of the night attacks I had
IP Logged
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 9:11am »

Awesome, pimmony. Have you considered puting this image on a tee shirt. coffee mug, etc for OUCH?

Could be a good fund raising item.
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
pimmony
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 9:36am »

I honestly had not thought of that, though I am in the process of designing some software for recording attacks (which I hope some of you would beta for me).  

I had thought of using the image with that.

I simply do not have the funds to do it myself, that is the mugs and shirts.  I am a writer who has a real bad block and the royalties have dried up.

If ouch could use the image themselves  I can donate it (smile, have not been able to donate cash so maybe this would help)

IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 12:26pm »

Pimmony,

Count me in for the beta test of your software, although I doubt i'll get much of a test till next October, I THINK my cycle is over, of course, I thought that once before and I blacked out.
  I also would like a poster sized copy of that illustration of yours. If you cant send me one that size how about a desktop theme? there are endless possibilities, I have other options for you too, but it is a too long a story for this forum. Email me if you'd like to know more.

Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
pimmony
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22nd, 2002, 1:53pm »

Thanks cerebus I shall email ye about it.

I just wanted to say how nice it was that folk liked my picture, it is one of several I am doing and is really supposed to express the way feel more than be precise.  For me I captured it and I guess it touched some of ye too, which is .... warming.

Thanks also for offering to test the software.  It is something I am doing because my neurologist liked the pictoral diary I made of my attacks and it converts well into a java based application.  Of course, like most such things, once started it turns into a demanding and expanding task but hopefully it will be ready for initial testing in about a month.

My partner said that she will check out doing poster sized copies of my picture.  I was thinking of doing a book, using these as illustrations - something a little surreal, perhaps.  A cluster of fairy tales.
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22nd, 2002, 5:32pm »

Count me in for the beta testing as well.

Is it a database?  SQL? Access? Zim?  Oracle?  Delphi?

Database programmers wanna know! LOL

Cat

Yes, I'm one of those weird and twisted people who LOVE doing SQL and database programming.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22nd, 2002, 9:50pm »

You need to sign up for www.cafepres.com.  You can get your own webstore, upload your artwork, sell tons of stuff and it is free!  You markup the shirts and mugs and thongs and boxers and whatever to the markup you want.  They fill the orders as orders come and cut you a check for the markup amount.  It works great.   Check out my store at  

http://www.cafepress.com/richarddeford
IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:57am »

on Dec 22nd, 2002, 5:32pm, catlind wrote:
Yes, I'm one of those weird and twisted people who LOVE doing SQL and database programming.

You too?
IP Logged
pimmony
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 24th, 2002, 3:44am »

Tis my partner who will do the coding for this so I will get her to tell ye what she is going to do.  I just design it, co-ordinate with her, and she will do the nerdy-work!
IP Logged
pimmony
New Board Junior

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 24th, 2002, 3:49am »

Thanks for the advice RevDeFord, I have marked up the site for reference and shall talk with my partner about this.  

I have so many big decisions to make for the coming year that this will go into the pot with them and I do appreciate it would be all income for Ouch so a very important consideration   Smiley
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 24th, 2002, 1:45pm »

Greetings pimmony!

I'm no help on the programming, (but sure would love to learn,) but I too am a writer (when I'm not laying brix) who also suffers writer's block from time to time - usually when we've been up all night too many nights in a row, battling the CH reptile.
 I have to write weekly columns for newspapers too, and its often a bit of a challenge to get started. But it's what ya gotta DO!! Just start. Something will appear on the page and once started, even tho' its a bit stilted and not quite flowing, it won't be long til it does flow, and your natural pride will make sure that what is printed is actually ok. I have often sent away stories and articles that I thought were utterly hopeless, only to be told later that they were enjoyed. A lot of writer's block is from within our heads. We feel as tho we are not up to the task and don't start. Try this - it's a form of self-discipline, but it does work, even if some nights I'm still at the keyboard at 0300 hrs!!

I wish I could paint like you!
Wishing you PFDAN
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 24th, 2002, 5:06pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:57am, brain_cramps wrote:

You too?

Grin ROFL, there just aren't many of us out there in the world!

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss