Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi everyone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi everyone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 612 times)
vegas1002
New Board Newbie
USA 

It is what it is.........

vegas1002
Email

Hi everyone
« on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 7:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am so thrilled to find this sight.  I am in my 6th week and was feeling really lonely.  I have had clusters for 27 years now and never met another victim.  I have a new neuro due to insurance change and he is not doing a thing for me.  My head is playing with me right now - just feels like I can cluster any minute.  This has been going on for about an hour and a half now.  The anxiety level is sky high.  I'm sorry that the rest of you have to go through this pain but it is nice knowing their are others out there for support!
IP Logged
deerene
New Board Newbie

deerene29
Email

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 7:20pm »

Hey there, welcome! I am a newby too, only this is my first experience with CH. It has been going on for me since first of November. How much longer than that do they normally last? I like you am soooo glad to have found this site.
IP Logged

Speedy DeeDee
vegas1002
New Board Newbie
USA 

It is what it is.........

vegas1002
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 7:24pm »

Mine last 8 to 14 weeks  Cry
I never had them before around the holidays - this bout really threw me off.  You somehow manage to get through them - don't know how - you just do.
Good luck to you
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 7:37pm »

Welcome to both of you.  Explore this site to the fullest... it's packed with great info.  There is no way to say for sure how long a CH cycle may last.  For some people it is a few weeks, and for others (chronics) it may last for a year or more (indefinately).  Length of cycle can also change... mine used to always last for about 6 months, but my most recent one has been for 14 months.  Sorry that both of you had to find us, but since we're here.... Welcome.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 7:58pm »

Hi and welcome aboard Vegas and Dee. I feel quite fortunate having my CH once a year for 6-8 weeks. I thought that was torture but not after seeing how alot of these other guys and gals here suffer for so much longer. Glad to meet you 2. This is a great family you have found here.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 9:52pm »

vegas and Deerene - welcome to the board. My first cycle lasted 8 weeks, second was 16 weeks, this latest cycle got cut short with Verapamil. I used oxygen and Imitrex as abortives until I didn't need them anymore because the Verap killed the beast.
Read up here and on the OUCH site. You'll know more about this condition than most doctors.
Good luck in finding what works for you
PFDANs
domm
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:38pm »

Welcome !!!! Brad's lasted this past cycle a little over 6 weeks but mid way thru they just didn't seem to follow much of a pattern like they had 15 years 'plus'....he gets his bout every 3 years but still gets a threat from time to time tho so not sure what the deal is with next cycle and "when".....and yeah...anxiety runs RAMPID when that happens !!! Happy holidays guys and PF.........Pam
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:40pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:54pm »

Hey, welcome to the board Vegas and Deerene.  Sorry you had to join us but glad you found us.  I have had only one cycle which lasted 16 weeks and just ended not long ago.  I am hoping for that 99 year pain free cycle to kick in now.  I use O2 and Imitrex like Domm and lots of others, and it works wonders for me !!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24th, 2002, 4:19am »

Welcome Vegas 1002 and Deerene.
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time. You are certainly at the right site; there is so much info here, and heaps of people willing to help. Everyone here understands what you feel.
Read as much as you can here - use the search and read archives, so that you are well informed when talking to medical professionals. Check out the OUCH site - there's a link - there's a lot of interesting input  there too.
Wishing you PFDAN
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 24th, 2002, 11:15am »

Welcome to the board!  Sorry that the beast has stolen Santa's sleigh so that he can use the reindeer to stomp your cranium into a steaming, bloody pulp.  Good luck!

PFDAN................................... Drk^Angel

PS... The beast is a bit tricky... I used to always get 2 to 3 week cycles once or twice a year, but this year got dealt an 8 month cycle.  Fun, fun, fun...

DA
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 9:38pm »

Welcome aboard!

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.    Mine come about 18 months apart.  They used to be for 6weeks, but have gradually getting shorter.  October they lasted for a short 18 days.   But 2 months later, still getting shadows daily.  Just enough to keep me in line!

Grant
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 11:34pm »

Welcome aboard vegas and dee.  Sorry you had to find us, but glad you did.  

My cycles are 'normally' (whatever that means) from July to October, and end November to Feb.  I don't recall any full blown cycles in between those times, but I may simply have experienced breakthrough ha's.

The only thing predictable about CH is that it's unpredictable.    While my cycles are fairly consistent in calendar time that's good, but they seem to change time patterns with each new cycle.  I could once set my clock to when the next was going to hit, and now they seem random.  I'll have to journal them so  I have the times etc.

My advice to you both is to click on the buttons on the left and read, read, read, and read some more.  Print out the info and take it to your docs.  

Wishing you both PFDAN's

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 26th, 2002, 6:25pm »

It's always nice to welcome a new member but not the hitchhiker playing jai alai in your head.  

If you stick around and do a little reading, you’ll find things to help and manage this horror.  You're among friends with good ideas who know exactly what you're going through.  

Keep in touch feel free to rant, vent, or yak all you want.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
jonny

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 26th, 2002, 6:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Charlie,

You forgot

Just dont "WHINE"

................................jonny Cheesy
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 26th, 2002, 7:25pm »

Seems easy ta start out whinein.....then ya learn from yer mistakes............Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 26th, 2002, 7:32pm »

on Dec 26th, 2002, 7:25pm, cootie wrote:
.....then ya learn from yer mistakes............Pam

Lips Sealed

Cathy Wink
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 26th, 2002, 7:35pm »

cathy...I almost fell outa my chair laughin on that one.....I'm still snickerin.....Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed ;D  Pam
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss