Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lets switch gears/slightly! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lets switch gears/slightly!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lets switch gears/slightly!  (Read 2254 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Lets switch gears/slightly!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 5:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Don't know why I told a story from yrs. ago...we had almost as big a wreck this yr.  

Xmas eve, and forty people showing up at seven.  Had been cooking for two days.  My daughter bakes a cake that was harder than nails, my husband and friends all get early gifts of a nice single malt scotch and had been enjoying it...didn't notice the smoker had gone out...so the brisket wasn't done.  And I start getting pounded by the nasty little beast.  I have no dessert or meat...so   while I'm pacing and cussing, I had my kids start setting up a hell of a bar.  Give them enough booze...they won't notice the food.  Everyone left happy!    

Christmas morning at 7, our transformer blows...so we have no power.  We have no coffee, heat, no hot cinnamon rolls.  Then we discover that when it blew....it blew out our big TV.  What a shame......

I'm now on my way to BestBuy....I've really been wanting a flat screen!!!!

HO HO HO

R
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 5:41pm »

OK BOB!!!! Shocked
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 6:31pm »

When ya say that the transformer blew, do ya mean the big can on the power poles that the electric company is responsible for maintaining?  If so, make sure the electric company pays for that new flat screen... A nice big one.

PFDAN..................................... Drk^Angel
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2002, 6:33pm by Azrael » IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #28 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 7:11pm »

These stories are killing me  Grin.  I can't think of anything too crazy!  

I can remember the one year that Christmas dinner consisted of twinkees & 7-up in a car because we were trying to get home from Tahoe in a snow storm.

Then there was the year that mom cooked the turkey and then realized when it was done that she had forgotten to remove the insides!!  ???
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 9:59pm »

Ohhhh man...I did that with a turkey and fergot ta remove the gizzer'd stuff or whatever stuffed inside and wrapped.......made a punkin pie also but thought it was the ready to cook type in a can ya jus add milk stuff to but it 'wasn't' and I didn't add anythin else.....it turned out ta be a real YAM pie.......gag......what a disaster that meal was.......I'd almost fergot about that one.....Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 4:52am »

on Dec 27th, 2002, 9:59pm, cootie wrote:
made a punkin pie also but thought it was the ready to cook type in a can ya jus add milk stuff to but it 'wasn't' and I didn't add anythin else.....it turned out ta be a real YAM pie.

ROTFLMFYBO ;D
IP Logged
Brassbear

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 8:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It's nice to know there are other Nam vets here...

I turned 21 during Tet of 69. Most of the weapons caches were found that year and the Tet offensive was minimal. Thank God. I was a hospital corpsman attached to the 2nd Batt 1st Mar Div about 12 klicks south of Da Nang. Not much fun turning 21 in the rice paddies and jungle while the rain is pouring so hard you can't see 10 feet in front of you!

And this years Christmas....

12:08 AM get woke up by the beast but he only sticks around for about an hour.

2:00 AM get a call from a hysterical daughter in law who has the flu. She's got a temp and is puking and wants to go to the ER.

3:00 - 4:00 AM drive to the ER and back with a shadow at 5 - 6 Kip in a snow storm. Road visibility is about 15 feet on I-70. We live in the country, I'm the first one to blaze the trail on the road home.....

The day got better after that. And the beast left me alone except for a "quickie" around 8AM....

Gee, wonder what happens next year?!

Michael
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss