Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 3 CHs during the day yesterday »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   3 CHs during the day yesterday
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 3 CHs during the day yesterday  (Read 574 times)
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

3 CHs during the day yesterday
« on: Dec 25th, 2002, 10:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

At Amie's parents house for their Christmas, and I get one of them.....dangit!  They have 14 people all in the house, I start having one and they all think I am nuts.
IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: 3 CHs during the day yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 11:26am »

"Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!"

sorry to hear you're getting hit today, Rev. Hope you can still deliver today's sermon...... You know the routine, hit the O2 and take a shot.
PFDANs and Merry Christmas to you
domm
IP Logged
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 12:32pm »

Have no meds....or o2.  Because my episodes have been few and far between the last 2 years, I can't afford to pay to have 02 laying around when not in episode.  So, once I start having them, I place a call.....unfortunately, I won't be able to place a call till tomorrow.  Fortunately I don't preach again until Sunday morning.
IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 2:01pm »

Aw Rev, I am sorry to hear you are getting hit now and with no meds either.  I am praying for you.  May tomorrow come soon and may it be pain free.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 2:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Rev,

You know the deal with the ice packs and hot showers but keep in mind that sucking on the AC vent in the car dashboard can help alot!!!

.........................jonny
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 3:00pm »

Rats, Rev.

Such a nice holiday and you have to put up with this horror.  Testing your faith with clusters just ain't Kosher.  

I think Jonny is right. The AC thing seems to work for some.  My technique might be worth a try too:

Dr. Wright's Circulatory Technique

This is not transcendental meditation, imagery, relaxation, or anything psychic. It's entirely physical and takes a lot of work and concentration. Give this method a good workout. It’s not a miracle, but it’s been helpful to many.

When I was diagnosed, my neurologist said to treat this as a vascular problem. I was told to concentrate on “redirecting” blood circulation in order to retard flow to the head.  This is done by trying to “send” blood into the arms and hands or other extremities. When properly done, your hands will become warm and redder with increased circulation. I also found it easier to concentrate on one hand.  

This relieves just slightly, the pressure on the affected vessel, which indirectly causes our pain. We all have this ability but it can be exhausting. I was often able shorten my attacks from about half an hour to no more than a few minutes. Sometimes, when awake, I could entirely abort the attack IF I KEPT AT IT. Often, I would suffer only minor discomfort instead of excruciating pain. Do not stop just because your hands are warm or redder. Keep this up until you are sure it's subsided.  If you let up or lose concentration, it’s very hard to restart this process.  It may take some time but when this works, the relief is almost immediate.  

I learned this from the doctor in a few minutes. He simply told me to try to keep blood away from the head. He thought it easiest to concentrate on the arms and hands but any place that works for you is fine. He said to think of it as "filling your hands" with redirected blood.  It’s important to keep at it THROUGH the pain. This will be difficult, but it’s the only way this technique will work. Don’t let up until you are sure the attack has ended.  

This will not always work, but I think it will always have at least some effect on the severity and duration of the attacks. It can be useful between medications or while waiting for some other drug to take effect. All it takes is a little practice. It was fairly easy to learn and what I'm writing here is more than I got from the doctor, as I've drawn from my own experience.

When awakened in horrible pain, it’s very hard to focus, but I think it’s always worth a try. This costs nothing but hard work, is harmless, non-invasive, and it gives us a fighting chance.  

I wish you the best of luck - Charlie Strand

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 9:53pm »

Rev....hope ya make it thru the resta the day PF till you can get some relief........I remember the nitemare all too well when Brad went thru the CH cycle durein the holiday 3 years back....we have to be so many places Xmas eve and Xmas day....no one understands the ordeal....luckily his cycle ended jus b-4 this cycle.....Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #7 on: Dec 25th, 2002, 10:31pm »

Rev, thinking of you and praying for some relief.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 26th, 2002, 7:39am »

Prayers worked....after a hellacious day Christmas Eve, I was pf on Christmas.  Had 3 during the day and 3 at night Christmas eve......Thanks for your prayers and support!

Richard
IP Logged

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 26th, 2002, 8:22am »

Rev, Glad to hear you had a pf Christmas day! See, Santa is not that bad after all....

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss