Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 6:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « For Lady meegrainers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   For Lady meegrainers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: For Lady meegrainers  (Read 460 times)
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

For Lady meegrainers
« on: Dec 27th, 2002, 9:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I heard this yesterday and think it merits telling you......it seems there is a little known condition caused by childbirth that causes meegraines.  Apparently the baby can deplete the calcium in your body to the point that it causes severe meegraines.  Most doctors do not catch this, however we were talking yesterday here in the office and 2 of the ladies had the exact problem that was corrected after about 2 months of taking oyster shell calcium.

This is not the same as CH, but I know there are some dual sufferers here on the board along with the occasional meegraine only sufferer, so I thought since 2 ladies here in my office have experienced this, it was worth sharing.
IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

Re: For Lady meegrainers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 9:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I may be mistaken Rev, but I believe it's called Sheehan's disease.

It happens when the pituitary gland expands to twice it's normal size during labor and delivery.

Check it out though, I might be wrong.

Cat
p.s. that was one of the things they looked at for me because my worst bout of CH's started 4 months after my youngest was born.
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss