Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi Everyone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi Everyone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 561 times)
ccraig
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Everyone
« on: Dec 27th, 2002, 9:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

This is my second post.  My first was on 05 Dec and was a question about pain in my gums during and after a CH.

I recently found this sight and think that it is wonderful.  I have been having CHs for 28+ years.  My most recent episode started in mid Nov. and lasted about three weeks.  

I am a reservist currently on active duty at Wright-Patterson AFB near Dayton, OH.  For reasons that I still cannot explain, I left my oxygen at home when I reported here for active duty.  

One morning a cluster headache started at about 3:30. By 6am I couldn't stand it  any longer and decided to go the base emergency room.  I drove myself over there and wondered what they would say to me.  I walked in looking like an advertisement for death and told them I needed oxygen.  A young lieutenant nurse took me into a room and checked my pulse.  She then led me to the ward area and immediatly began giving me oxygen.  I don't know what I would have done if they had not given me any...I probably would have started a fight in the ER. After that, who knows.  

Several people in the emergency room (Air Force doctors and nurses) knew about cluster headaches. That is a good sign.  

I have been pain free for 3+ weeks and wonder when the next episode will start.  I also look at my daughter and wonder if see will also have CH.  

ccraig

P.S. What do you say when you are at 8 or higher on the Kip scale and someone says "why don't you just take an aspirin?"

IP Logged
Frank

Email

Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 27th, 2002, 9:00pm, ccraig wrote:
P.S. What do you say when you are at 8 or higher on the Kip scale and someone says "why don't you just take an aspirin?"

A punch in the nose... or both hands clenched tightly around their throat would seem appropriate (but I don't recommend either).
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 9:52pm »

on Dec 27th, 2002, 9:00pm, ccraig wrote:

You say "what would you like on your gravestone?"

Myhubby is USAF active duty, and you CAN get home O2 therapy from the docs at wright patt.  It will require a 3rd level review with tricare, but just work with the patient rep and your primary care and you can get it at home.  Lots of red tape to go through, but it CAN be done and they HAVE to give you adequate treatment.  Don't take no for an answer.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 11:05pm »

What do I do if someone suggests I "just take an asparin"? I offer to prepare them a cup of coffee with a extra helping of hemlock.
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 12:01am »

The first thing I would do if I was you, is find that young  
Lt. nurse who gave you the oxygen,  take her hand in yours and thank her from the bottom of your heart.

As for idiots who say why can't you just take an aspirin(or words to that affect)   Tell them to stab themselves in the eye with a red hot poker.  And then take an aspirin for the pain.  

There is no reason in the world for you to be concerned that your daughter will inherit these headaches.    Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 3:51am »

on Dec 27th, 2002, 9:25pm, Frank wrote:

A punch in the nose... or both hands clenched tightly around their throat would seem appropriate (but I don't recommend either).

now your talking.  couldn't have put it better!!! Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss