Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Bed Crapping »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Bed Crapping
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bed Crapping  (Read 1734 times)
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

Re: Bed Crapping
« Reply #25 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 2:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Gateway is the Debil!

IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 3:22pm »

Okay got my book out and this is what I think, you need to go do....take the 28:kkju/, and then unplug the 087Mj?.,,,l when you've done that take the 29kji8*&^%$(.mkk..and swap it with/.koi)(*$%rfg£$edBhuY76g, that should do it...LOL ;D ;D ;D

Catlind & RevdeFord........I am very impressed!!!!!! but still would not be able to fix the pc if it were mine! LOL ??? ???
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 4:05pm »

I know my way around a computer but could never do surgery on one....kinda like Hal in 2001 space odessy. Mine'd prolly try and shock me or sumthin....Pam  Wink
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 4:59pm »

replacing hardware ona PC is simple stuff....it is the software problems that really suck !

IP Logged

Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 5:01pm »

I've owned gateway computers for several years now..I never had a problem with their customer service.... Cheesy

Slammy   Cool
IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 6:07pm »

Rev I have ta disagree, Hardware problems and surgery are a pain in da butt, but software, now that's easy Smiley

Hmmm...wanna start a business? LOL

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 6:09pm »

Cool. More info, more things to try. I've got a brief time I can use this one then I have to head home. OK, so that card by the phone jack. Called Gateway again last night and this person had a few suggestions. One was to remove that. But, it has 2 screws and only one is accessible, so I couldn't take it out. They are sending a new power supply-thingy and I'll be installing it tomorrow. However, yesterday's problem was that it would hold power but not boot and just stay in the self-test mode that you get when just turning on the monitor and not the computer. Also it won't get even to the point where it recognizes a Windows ME start-up disc is in it. The pretty lights on the buttons come on but nothing inside knows the outside lights are on.
 Cat, you're right. WTF? Smiley
 Cathy, I just upgraded my 28kji8*&^%$ with a brand new 29kji8*&^%$. Nothing. Smiley  
 OK. Time to print this out again and try the new suggestions.
 Thanks again, Rev, MrH, Cat, cootie, cathy, etc... I'll try and check in tomorrow if I can and see if there's any new suggestions. Or, if you see me on later tonight/early tomorrow I got my computer working again.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 6:41pm »

If you mess with a computer like a Gateway brand will they still honor the warrenty tho ?? Ya know...incase ya unscrew somethin and take sumthin out that's vital and get it all outa wack....like malpractice ? I know when I called Packard Bell few times fer help several years ago with my first computer the "first thing" the guy would asked me was......did I or anyone else take anything OFF the computer or did anyone attempt to. Had to answer that before they would even talk to me.....and the guy told me that was onea there big time no-no's with warrenty's. My pooter did that beep thing the other day....blank screen...then when I got it ta come on it said it couldn't find my screen saver file ta run. Heard if you don't have 'up to date new patches' downloaded yer pooter can fall victum to lot of problems corrupt files or virus's....that's what the guy comein over next week ta look at mine told me can cause em ta do that....dunno.....just a few thoughts here. Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 7:14pm »

Ted - send the damn thing to me and I'll fix it.

Mr Happy - whats wrong with the RAM you're giving away? Is it DDR 184 pin DIMM? (no I'm not gonna count the pins) I can see PC133/256 on it but not much else makes sense. Did you zap it?
I'll show you my manboobs for it.... ;D Shocked

domm
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 7:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:48am, RevDeFord wrote:
The funny thing is, it may be months before he gets back online and reads this....LOL   ;D

Theres nothing funny about a dude that is chronic and has been here longer than me losing contact with this board.

......................jonny
IP Logged
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 7:59pm »

jonny, I did not mean that it is funny he won't be back online, I meant that it was funny that we are bantering back and forth about what he can do to fix his problem and he doesn't have a working computer for which to check these messages from.

Quoting Him, he said:
"So, I won't be online much til it's fixed"

That is what I mean.
IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 8:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cool, Rev

Enough said.

.................................jonny
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 8:43pm »

Jonny, Ted,

Isn't Ted right on the Mass/NY border?

If so, if you have parts you need to get in that area again, I'll make a trip to Ted's and fix his puter for him.

Smiley

Then we can have a noreaster reunion Smiley

Cat

IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 9:13pm »

BTW - the beeps at startup do mean something. Here's a link that may help.
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:32pm »

domm......that beep code page was interesting.....mine jus kept beeping several one after the other and the power button light wasn't on but it came on and was runnin after I messed with the button and of course a blank screen. It won't shut off alot of times and on/off button light is off but it is still runnin and gotta shut the power strip off. Got sum one comein out ta look at it next week that rebuilds, installs and works on pooters so hopefully he'll figure it out. I leave it on fer now....my anti-virus sticks alot and can't get mail or I get errors...wierd....they didn't have pooters when I went to school......Pam  Wink
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss