Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Question for Canadian Chers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Question for Canadian Chers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question for Canadian Chers  (Read 399 times)
Fatcat
New Board Newbie
England 

Question for Canadian Chers
« on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 7:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi from the UK,

Sadly, I'm back in a bout again after 3 brilliant years of remission.  Bummer.  Unfortunately, my condition's likely to threaten my planned trip to Fernie, BC, at the start of February for 2 months.

If I do decide to go for it, it'd help to know I'll have support if needed.  Can anyone from Canada help me by giving advice on the type of treatments generally available for CH, the cost and whether a small town like Fernie will be likely to hold Sumatriptan, etc.

Thanks
IP Logged
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

Re: Question for Canadian Chers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 7:07am »

Hi Fatcat and welcome aboard. Sorry after 3 beautiful years the damn beast had to find you again. Hopefully your cycle will be over before your trip but just in case, I would make sure you bring all your meds with you. Sorry I'm not from Canada but wishing you pain free days soon.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
cecile
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 8:05am »

sorry to see that you are back in here but you are right to come back when U need support : this is the aim of this forum.

I don't know anything about canada but u should try to send e-mails to people who have registered in "where we live". there is more than 150 guys from canada. I am sure it will be a plaseaure for them to give you the informations you need.... but as suzy i hope that your pain cycle will be over before u live Smiley.

take care

cécile from france
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:17am »

Hi Fatcat,

Going on a skiing holiday are you?  Pretty nice destination, if that's the case.  Wink

I live about 3 hours east of Fernie and it really is beautiful there.  Fernie does have a hospital (Fernie District Hospital), but it is a very small town.  Cranbrook is just a little further west from there, maybe half an hour.  Cranbrook Regional Hospital is a much bigger hospital.   Both Fernie and Cranbrook have pharmacies that could fill any prescription you might be carrying with you.  Cranbrook would have the bigger Canadian drug stores - i.e. London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc.  Fernie probably has the mom and pop operations.  Although I do remember that one of their grocery stores has a pharmacy.  

Make sure you leave the UK with a prescription for  Sumatriptan (Imitrex), however, so that you can fill it here.  Otherwise, you would have to go to a walk-in clinic in Cranbrook, or the emergency department in Fernie and they can be pretty difficult to deal with if you don't have our provincial health care.  Talk to your doctor before you leave and see it he/she can help you plan for this.  

Also, lots of info on the 'net about Fernie and Cranbrook - maybe do a search and check out the local facilities.

Enjoy your journey to our beautiful country!!  Smiley
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Fatcat
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:43am »

Margi, and all of you, thanks!  Really grateful for the support.

It'll be 2 months of snowboarding, I hope.  I usually go to the Alps.  Thought I'd do something different this year as I've never been to Canada or the USA.  I was very excited about it but The Beast obviously felt left out  Angry

I'll make note of everything you've said.  Thanks again.

Joe
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:40pm »

Joe........good luck on your vacation........hopefully you'll be out of cycle and can have a better time and not the worry and pain......defeinetly check and double check your meds options with refills ect and how to get help if needed where your goin.....good ta be prepared !! Have a super time.......Pam  Smiley
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 5:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
you are right to come back when U need support : this is the aim of this forum.

It is also the aim of this forum to stick around when you are not in pain to support others
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss