Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 3 P'S »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   3 P'S
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 3 P'S  (Read 1495 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: 3 P'S
« Reply #25 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 12:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey Pam,

Good thought there.  I haven't ever really stopped to analyze the panic.  You know what's coming...you know how bad it's going to get (especially when you have no imitrex), it builds so quickly and explosively...one second you're sitting there rocking back and forth muttering..no, no, fuck no, not again...your stomach starts clinching, your muscles tense up, and your brain is telling you to run, that maybe if you move, you can get away from it.  One part of your brain knows that it will eventually stop, but the other side, it seems, in my case at least, it just goes into full panic mode.  Can I handle this again?  Can I make it through it?  How do I cope?  

Even though you know it will pass,  the pain is so bad at the time that I think I will never be in control again.

Don't know if that makes sense....it's really hard to describe.  Having a back rub during an attack, at least for me, is totally out of the question.  Any support at all, during an attack, is VERY unwelcome.  And after it's over...I prefer everyone to just ignore it.  The most I'll let my husband do is just ask if I'm okay.
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 12:59pm »

I believe panic gives you limited reaction time....everone is differen't of course.....it's like a split desicion.....stay or flee....sum say if attacked in the jungle by a wild "beast" stay and bluff yer way out...others say 'run' or be eaten alive......not much time ta decide when ya can hear the heavy foot steps speedin in yer direction. Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #27 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 1:00pm »

Perhaps I am misreading some of the posts - if so -  woops - but supporters do much more than give a back rub and interrupt our dance Roll Eyes

Supporters run the fort when your down and out.  Without Brian I would be lost if left alone to deal.  No matter how many times I told him to Fuckoff, he was still  there to do things that I could not at the time.  

3Ps is one thing.....

Thanks Brian.  Words are NOT enough and in  comparison, 3Ps just don't CUT it...
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 1:05pm »

Support to me means that you're not alone.  I may not want my husband around at the time of the dance...but I know he's there...just in the next room.  And I know he understands...there won't be any fuss or gripes, no big production made.  Whatever I want, he will give his best to provide.

Physically, I want to be alone.  But, I'm never alone mentally.
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 1:38pm »

Fuckoff is a big word in our vocubulary round here durein episodes....Them dam telemarketer's been buggin us BAD and nothin worse then onea there calls durein an attack and we jus let da machine take calls but I'll fergot and have it turned "up" way too loud ta hear messages when I get home whatever....yipes.....we get those long messages where ya won a trip 'n they go on and on in those extremley annoyin loud happy voices. Maes ya wish the answerin machine came with a  loud 'Fuckoff' return message button !!!! Usually I jus have ta settle for  da verbal version while runnin round grabbin stuff fer Brad he needs and meds and get da hell outa his way.  Those people always call back.....and I don't ferget a voice. Pam
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2003, 1:42pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 2:32pm »

Roxy,  

I'd have to say that's a very very apt description of what I call my Panic P.  

Brain Cramps, #4 works for me, except I think mine is a white hot ice pick.  

As for the Patience P, that's one virtue I never had to begin with, so you can well imagine what I'm like when I'm gettin hit.  Hittin the O2 and waiting as I watch the clock tick by, and 15 min. feels like 15 hours, hoping that it will abort, and won't last long.

Patience?  Nope, not gonna happen with this clusterhead I'm afraid!

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 4:57pm »

Cat, patience isn't expected of a clusterhead under attack...that's what we supporters are for, ok?  Don't sell yourself short, though my friend.  You DO have tons of patience in other areas of your world, ok?  Take for example, my technical questions of you AD NAUSEUM this last little while!! You never ONCE made me feel stupid and repeatedly and patiently explained and explained until my little pea brain understood you.  

Ree brought up a VERY good point here:  the one about Dave's ability to stay in control.  I think that's the biggest weapon in the arsenal, sometimes an unattainable goal for a sufferer.  

Ree and Cootie, you have both showed in this thread the true meaning of being supporters, and that is to be able to find and maintain that control.  Good job, gals.  Cootie, I wish you'd stop saying you're 'just a supporter'... it's a BIG job, honey, and it sounds like you work hard at it.  It also sounds like you succeed at it.  So, be PROUD of being a supporter, Pam - you deserve to be.  

p.s.  Kim, good for you for saying what you did here.  I know that wasn't easy.  You rock, gal. Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2003, 5:02pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #32 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 6:12pm »

CheesyHey Margi -LOL!  Lets mess everbodyup  and be best freends!  LOL!  Your okay.  We got to a sloppy  starry start == hell sodo the bestafrends....

Peace.  Kim

Jes soya know.  Iwill  neva stopbein WEIRD ;D
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 12:02pm »

Margi.....thanks......I didn't start out good at this support stuff years ago....I'm not a very pateint person as it is.....I jus didn't know what was goin on, neither of us did.....I love my new family here.....thanks agin ! Pam
IP Logged

cecile
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 4:01pm »

talking about supporter, or my part I absolutly need to have my 2 cats near by me. they are the only one who can come and cuddeling me during the crisies.

panic for my part can be sum-up by : "F..... !!!  Angry where in my imitrex inhaler !!!!!"

cécile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss