Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello everyone! I'm new here! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello everyone! I'm new here!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello everyone! I'm new here!  (Read 661 times)
Anja24BR

Email

Hello everyone! I'm new here!
« on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 8:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello everybody...    Cry
I am a new member at the CH's home page... and i guess i should tell you all a little about me... My name is Maria, I'm 24 years old, and i live in Brasil.  
My Cluster Headaches startet a month ago... I have had headaches before but the problem was the high blood pressure. This time i thought maybe it was the glasses that needed to be changed, because the pain was in the right eye only... I went then to the doctor, and today, exactly at 16:30 pm BR time, he told me that I had Cluster...  Sad
Then when i came home and logged to the NET and found out this page and started to read about people telling how they are suffering... It really scared me! I'm still scared to think that i have to deal with it for the rest of my life.  
The doctor prescribed me 3 kinds of medicines to easy the pain. But i still don't know if it's really going to work. Well... i hope i can make friends here because everybody here knows what i'm going through.  
And i'm sorry if i have any english mistakes...  
And i'm sorry also if i posted this wrong... I'm still learning how to use it and i hope you people can help me with that. My e-mail is mrdm@uol.com.br if anyone wants to reach me. And also i connected to the chat room but no one was there... i hope next time i find someone to talk to!  
That's all i guess... peace to all of you  Wink
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Hello everyone! I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 8:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome to the board Maria.
Do not worry about making a mistake with your English. We have people all over the world here. What is important is that you are here and looking for support and help.
Your case sounds like most of us.  
Your doctor does not know what is causing the headaches and he sends you to the eye doctor. Nope, no problem there.  
Then it is off to the dentist, Nope, no problem there.  
Then it is off to the ear, nose & throat doctor. Nope, no problem there.
Then it is experimenting  with drug combimations.  
What drugs are you trying?
There is a lot of information under the buttons on the left side of the board. Click the buttons and read. Print what you think will help educate your doctor.
Please keep in touch.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 8:54pm »

Welcome Maria.  There is another place to go to chat.  www.headachesupportgroups.com.  In the evening hours there is usually someone there to chat with.  Just keep checking in at different times.  So sorry you were diagnosed with having clusters.  It is not an easy life to live but we can make it through with eachothers help.  Glad to meet you.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:07pm »

Anja - welcome to the board, sorry you felt compelled to seek us out. You will find wonderful support, information, and more technical information than most doctors know about CH.
Pull up a chair.
domm
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 12:40am »

Welcome to worlds best site for info and support. I understand the anxiety. Each of us has our own special Beast. Hope yours treats you with minimum discomfort.
IP Logged
Brassbear

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 5:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Anja,

Welcome to the funny farm. Sorry your having to join us but you could not have found a better place to get great information and meet some wonderful and very helpful people.

I too was just diagnosed a month ago and these people have been wonderful. Sorry I can't offer much in the way of help yet, I'm still learning myself.

Michael
IP Logged
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

« Reply #6 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 6:49am »

Hi Anja and welcome. Sorry you are having these problems, but you found a wonderful resource for information and even entertainment. The people that frequent this MB are all wonderful folks that will offer assistance when asked. All you have to do is ask.

PFDAN

Silver Dolphins  a/k/a Barry
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 7:08am »

Welcome Anja. Glad you found us. I learned more here in one day then I knew about CH in 21 years. There are many people here to help you out or to just listen when you need to vent. I hope the meds your Dr. put you on help you. Good luck to you and just remember, dont be scared, CH cant kill you, we just have to learn how to manage the pain.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
2late
New Board Hall of Famer

Ride Free..Pain Free

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 9:57am »

welcome to the board, you found the right place, most people with CH can still have a good quality of life.arm yourself with info, find the right med program that works for you & you'll be ok & don't be scared we're here for ya!                                    ...........2late
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 11:29am »

Hi Anja, and welcome!  Smiley Smiley

Sorry you had to find this place, but it will help you so much in coping and dealing with the devil.

Hope you meds will work, and yes you can find friends here.  They will help you through the good and bad times....the support is wonderful.

Good luck and here's hoping you're PF,

Roxy
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 12:17pm »

Hi Anja, welcome to this wonderful home or love and support, you'll find it all here....along with the humour. Sorry to hear your suffering.

Wishing you a pf 03.

Cathy Smiley
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 2:10pm »

Welcome aboard Anja, your english is very good Smiley

You'll find lots of info here, click on all the buttons to the left and read read read.  Check out the OUCH site as well, lots of info in the library there.

Sorry the beast has found you, but you've found us so you've got the best weapon against him you can find, information and support!

Grab an oar and start rowin!

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 9:11am »

Hello Anja

Welcome to Clusterville.  People here are awesome!!  But, you'll find that out on your own.

Can't offer anything in the way of help, I just wanted to say hello and welcome.  You will like it here.  It's like a little family....  

Hope to see you in the chat room...  

Tina
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss