Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Strange Pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Strange Pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Strange Pain  (Read 662 times)
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

Strange Pain
« on: Jan 4th, 2003, 9:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So I was shopping in my local Kroger looking at ice cream when I was blinded by an instant K-8 that lasted for about 10 seconds.....than I had a panic attack that lasted for 10 minutes! Weird. I have never experinced anything quite like it before. I have not had a CH for well over a month now and the shadows seem to have stopped.....out of cycle for me ( I thought). I am going back to the Dr this month and will mention it... scared me pretty bad.
Thanks all
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

Re: Strange Pain
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 9:48pm »

Mark, That is wierd having an attack for only 8 seconds but understandable about the panic attack afterwards. Lets hope maybe it was the beasts way of saying good bye to you.

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2003, 11:37pm »

What kind of ice cream? Could be a clustercream mind meld. Try the sorbet ;D. No adverse reactions.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 12:04am »

My guess, and it's only a guess, since I'm not a real doctor.

You may be enjoying CPH, aka chronic paroxsymal hemicrania.

It's been mentioned at this site in the past.  

Here's one mention of it

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/29798.html
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 12:33am »

Hey Mark- I call it the bam attack, I get those fairly often when out of cycle. For me it feels like youve been shot by a bullet right in the temple. They only last a few seconds they come without warning and leave the same way I end up either on my knees or standing there wondering what the hell was that. Its a really wierd thing. I did have this checked years ago w/ all the scans and testing. No reason or diagnosis ever came. Its still worth checking it out with doc though......Did you have any residual pain after or was yours just gone like that as well. .....mj
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 1:17am »

Marko....
Read your note, and immediately thought CPH, then saw Bob the G's note - CPH.  Have been trying to read up on CPH. Might be more a part of this than we know.  Feel free to chime in, classmates. The last thing I want to say is "You Mean I was Right?"  Educate me. My genetic family tree is pretty much like a _STUMP_.

Darwin-ingly yours,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 2:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Me thinks the "Enjoying" part of Bobs post was meant to be 10 seconds and not hours of CH.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

..........................jonny
IP Logged
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 2:28am »

Bob and Happy-   on CPH-  this comes with generally definable symptoms. The hits that I and possibly mark got, only he can say,  have no symptoms whatsoever other than a quick stab of pain and thats it. The bam attacks as I call them are just that BAMM and gone. Its like peaking on a 2 hr k-10 and experiencing the very most intense few seconds of it. If those few seconds exist. No before or after symptons just BAMM..........
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2003, 2:30am by Jarvis » IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 10:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have heaed of icecrem headaches, but never knew one could get them from only looking at the stuff... lol

IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 1:46pm »

Thanks for the reply yall,
Jarvis hit it on the head (?). It came and went so quick I was left standing there in awe.....my MIL said I turned white as a sheet.......weird. Very intense and very fast.I never had this happen before. I will see what the Doc thinks......PFDAN.....
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 1:57pm »

Mark,

Just wondering if you carry some Maxalt or Zomig even when you are out of cycle? Doesn't seem like they last long enough to have the meds work, but if you are in a dangerous situation, they would be a good back up to have.

David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 7:24pm »

Hi Mark.  I have experienced something similar to what you describe.  Extreme sharp shooting pains that come for about 15 or 20 seconds then leave.  Like Jarvis says:  BAMM.  Kinda scary... no warning then BAMM, then gone.  For me they seem to be more prevalent when a cycle is diminishing.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 7:47pm »

KingofPain, I was just being a little sarcastic with the "enjoying" part.

Also known as ice pick headaches, they are very painful. I also have suffered them in the past. Mine felt like an ice pick in the eyeball and then left quicker than I could say "Son-of-a-bitch! What the hell was that?"

If someone has many attacks they can be controlled with Indocin.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Lenny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 8:20pm »

What Jarvis described ( on temple ),happened to me 3 different time's this past friday( never had these before ).All 3-time's they were on my left side( i always get my cluster's on the right ) each of them lasted from 10 - 20 seconds and gone ( no warning and no after effects )." Definetley no cluster"  Cheesy!! Have no idea what it could be
IP Logged

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 2:55pm »

Mark and Jarvis,

I've experienced pretty much the same thing you are describing, except I always get it right behind the ear of my CH side instead of the temple, and always out of cycle.

One day I did my usual DAMN-OUCH yell, and hubby looked at me and wanted to know immediately what was wrong, I said nothing, just those stabbing pains you get behind your ear, you know the ones I'm talking about (thinking in my naivity that everyone got it DOH) and he said "uuuuuuuuuuuhhhh Noooooooo" LOL

I've since realized it's not common and that it must be something to do with these headaches.  That's about all I've got to add to it, just know they hit, they hurt like hell, they go away and life goes on. Smiley

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #15 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 3:09pm »

Never had one of those.  Glad it was a short one for you Mark.  Sorry to read it happened at all.  To chime in with another -- maybe the SOB was trying to say goodbye.  I hope so.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss