Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 11:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « dain bread doc »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   dain bread doc
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: dain bread doc  (Read 737 times)
verndy
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

dain bread doc
« on: Jan 7th, 2003, 5:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just drove 60 freaking miles to see a doctor, the one I hoped would be competent enough to be my primary doc. and I think I just spent 45 minutes talking to a tree stump. I told the guy I was done squealing like a guinea pig, and I didn’t want any more steroids, or new fangled projectile vomit inducing dope. just give me a pain killer that works. I have been doing this for 22 years. what did he give me frova and a antihistamine. I just can’t fucking believe it.  the fucker thinks I have allergy’s.  
Back to the heroin 4 me  
 Embarassed Cry Roll Eyes Shocked
IP Logged

Screwed, and I don’t have a Philips head screwdriver.
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

Re: dain bread doc
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:04pm »

Hi Verndy,

Sorry to hear your visit wasn't what you were hoping for.

However, I noticed he perscribed Frova. I am taking Frova and am seeing decent reslults. I get the occasional attack (hardly ever over a kip6) and some shadows. Today I went PF all day. I have been getting sleep again for the most part. It is a triptan so you might see some decent results.

I don't understand the antihestimine though.

I really hope that you get relief soon, friend.

Silver Dolphins a/k/a Barry
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:09pm »

Verndy,

Could it be possible that there is another problem, besides CH, that you need to address?

IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
verndy
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:43pm »

yah i have a problem, a drug problem. i havent had a drink in almost 4 years, and as far as drugs go i take ms contin every day all day. but because people sell their drugs on the street, people that really need it dont get it. all i want is to get through the next 6 weeks, and then no drugs. i dont take drugs unless i am in some real pain. my back is held together with screws, and my guts with mesh, i have arthritis in just about every joint in my body, i have had two surgerys on my wrist, one on my shoulder. i got off easy last fall and now i have to pay the price. day after x mass 5 in the eye, now every two days 5, and i just started dancing. as bad as the H sounds it helps a little, dont four a secound think i would advise any one to even try it. it sucks, but its all i have. short of a bullet and ill be damed if im going to quit that easy. im pissed off and i needed to vent. "thanks" dont take it personaly. a month of detox is a small price to pay for a little reallif. i know u guys no what i mean, if you really get clusters. u know how frustrating it can be. i dont have a month to see a neuro gaddam it. i told the guy that i already have a ton of imitrix inj, and i get chest pain and weez like a dogs toy. like most of u, i smoke like a old chevy, and used to drink like a hot dog. im not going back to the phyc shack, the last time the doc said its obveious that the lithium and depacote isnt working for your manic depresion, even after i told the guy it was for ch. ill talk when i cooloff  a little. i want the dambed nerv cut like the half smille, only ill have my life back all year long.
IP Logged

Screwed, and I don’t have a Philips head screwdriver.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 8:31pm »

Find a pain management dr. and get in quickly.  Forget gp.  If you have truely tried everything a good last resourt may be methadone.  That is what I am taking and I have been pain free for 2 months and like it.  However, methadone is addictive also but it is legal and under a drs suppervision.  Please think about what you are considering doing to yourself.  I do understand.  I have been there.  I am chronic getting hit 8x a day for 5 years.  I know it is hell bro but you can't just throw it all away because of pain. You are risking death, jail, and who knows what else.  Your life is valuable don't give in to this thinking.  Take some dramamine so you can sleep for a few nights.  Try hot or cold water and see if either help.  Meditate, pray, find that higher power and make your connection.  Take it one second at a time and you will make it through.  Go to some NA and AA meetings and talk about your feelings.  They will listen and understand.  You are not the only one in the program who has considered using because of pain/medical problems.  Take it easy and let us know how you are doing in a few days.
((((((((Verndy)))))))
Love,
Karla  
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2003, 8:35pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 9:45pm »

You sound in a ton of pain....in more ways than one.  I can understand your using narcotics. I wonder if I would have too. Never could because of epilepsy.  

Stick around and I hope you get so the illegal stuff is no longer necessary. A lot of us have gone that route and are happy to be here.  

Good luck

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 5:45pm »

Verndy, Thanks for your post, I know exactly how you feel.  I too have had the same frustration with the medical community. I also am no stranger to self medication and I would never condem anyone for trying to find some relief,  ANY relief from this condition. I wish I could say I have been successful with narcotics, but the only thing it ever done for me was to finally render me unable to remain conscious, which was a relief. It wasnt until the triptans I ever got a break from CH. However even they are not always effective. I believe one should take refuge wherever it can be had. I wish you good luck and pain free times. Hang in there,
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
marcatcap
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 6:46pm »

God, I wish I could vent like you.  You make it sound like I'm right there inside your skin with you.  I DO KNOW your frustration.  My insurance makes me go to a primary doctor who then sends me to the NeuroDoc.  I was going to him for about 10 years.  Here's the drill:
Make an appt.  Go (it's way out of the way and I miss 1/2 day of work).  Wait.  See NeuroDoc (now dead NeuroDoc).  He looks over the paperwork from previous visits and then says "Oh, yes, you're the one who threw the fit in my waiting room, aren't you?  Don't ever do that again."  Then he tells me jokes for 15 minutes and asks what sort of medication do I think I want.  That sucks.  Yes, I get as much Imitrex as I want, but what if I should really be taking something else.  I've never had any sort of testing done by him, no bloodwork, no MRI's.  Shit, now I'm mad as hell, too.  
You know, I'd be right out there with you scoring the drugs too if I wasn't such a woosie.  I used to do drugs, major.  Then came the 12 steps then came the damn CH's  (actually that's backwards - CH and then 12 steps) and now I'm really torn.  Believe it or not . . I know for a fact that smoking crack eliminates the CH.  Only problem is that you can't stop because it comes back with a vengence when you do.  (I am not saying this is from personal experience, mind you.)  But, I helped someone I love get off of heroin and I just can't do it but I KNOW, I mean I REALLY kNOW.  Hang in there.  As long as we're talking we're still alive.
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 7:06am »

Hey there, verndy -  

Just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry you're going thru all this!!    Embarassed

Come back and tell us how you are!!

Hope you are better!!
Tina  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss