Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « WHAT WE CAN DO-#1…Making cash for C-heads & OUCH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   WHAT WE CAN DO-#1…Making cash for C-heads & OUCH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WHAT WE CAN DO-#1…Making cash for C-heads & OUCH  (Read 481 times)
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

WHAT WE CAN DO-#1…Making cash for C-heads & OUCH
« on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

# 1 in a series

First of all, I know that this is not a commercial site, so don’t get me wrong. However OUCH does have an on-line Store. OUCH needs to raise some operating capital, and there are a lot of Clusterheads, with talent, out there having a hard time, trying to make ends meet.

I propose that we create a virtual reality “Clusterhead Art Gallery” and an “E-Bay type” on-line auction, so that OUCH Members (another reason to join OUCH, and check in once in a while) could bid on the art work. All the payment transactions could be handled by Pay Pal, between the two parties, so we don’t even have to touch the money (of course a nice percentage of each transaction is donated automatically to OUCH).

Although I believe OUCH should have the final say, whether something is posted or not; the “Art Work” could be anything that could be considered “Art”. Original music CD’s, drawings, digital prints and my favorite: Outdoor Metal Yard Sculptures (any welders out there, with some pain to get out of their system?)(With the nice year round weather on the west coast, people dig the shit, out of big metal outdoor thingies). A second thought is that, the art work could be donated to OUCH (tax write off equal to the selling price?) which in turn would do the auctioning-off, keeping the proceeds.

The art work should be original, and done by an OUCH member (Supporter, Clusterhead or Neurologist) with an overriding “Custer Headache Theme”. If a piece of art is done by a Clusterhead, it should be certified by OUCH, as such, “We wear our pain with pride”. Maybe we could include a small bio, of what each artist (Supporter or Clusterhead) has gone through. The artwork itself would not have to be outstanding, it’s the story behind the artwork that is outstanding.

We can also use this art, to get the word out about us! As people come to understand the pain that created this art—you will see the value in these Cluster-art pieces skyrocket. I find a similar through line in the art of Vincent van Gogh, once you understand his pain, you understand his art. There is a universality in his art, that touches a little piece of pain hiding in everyone. Our pain is unique and that makes our art unique, but everyone has the ability to relate somehow to pain.

As one example, that could maybe, get us started; see my next post:
WHAT WE CAN DO-# 2…Pimmony’s Artwork  

PFDAN,
David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

Re: WHAT WE CAN DO-#1…Making cash for C-heads & OU
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:10pm »

Smiley    Smiley    Smiley

DJ...what an excellent idea...got my paintbrush in hand ready to paint..paint...paint...!!!!!

Cathy..
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

jonny

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh Christ!!!!!.....Hes on a series roll again folks.....LMMFYBO ;D

........................jonny Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:13pm by jonny » IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:39pm »

I am willing to contribute to a "cluster gallery". Getting my work to the internet should prove to be a challenge. Most of my stuff is too big for a scanner and I don't have a digital camera. Any suggestions?  
  Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bus,

Call one of those photo places that can put digital pics on a CD, they usually sell digital cams and might take some shots of your work and put it on CD for you.

Just a thought, Bro

..........................jonny
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 7:00pm »

Duh...... I shoulda thought of that. Good call ,Jonny. I guess for now its ,that, or start working really small, LOL!
Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss