Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 10:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What A Geek!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What A Geek!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What A Geek!!!  (Read 484 times)
Dagg

Email

What A Geek!!!
« on: Jan 8th, 2003, 8:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

O.K.     I'm still new at all this cyber stuff.  I didn't think my first message posted.  So you guys get double the thanks! (well deserved!) Hope you all don't laugh at me to hard!
IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: What A Geek!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 8:31pm »

Just click "Remove" in your post and its gone
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 9:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

No, you're not  a geek!  New computers have to have the bugs worked out.

In case y'all don't remember:

Dagg's husband suffers and so because of their living near me, Margi turned me onto to them.  On the way to a car show last October, I met Robert and had coffee with him in Eureka,  Ca. Wonderful guy.    

Robert, I am so glad something is working for you my friend, and I am so glad you decided to post mrs. Dagg.

Linda Howell
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2003, 10:38pm »

Hi dagg.....nope not laughin at ya....don't see a geek either...don't geeks have pocket pen protectors and wear thick glasses with plaid short sleeve shirts 'n polyester pants with penny loafers...hair parted neatly too far ta one side and slicked with dippity do ta tame that cowlick..is that what a geek is still taday or has that stature changed.....Pam  Grin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 5:03am »

Welcome....

Hi Dagg...not laughing at you either...nice to meet you... ;D   I was a pc newbie actually still have the odd spot of bother now when I try out all the new bits you can add....tried out microphone the other night that was fun!...lol ;D

on Jan 8th, 2003, 10:38pm, cootie wrote:
Hi dagg.....nope not laughin at ya....don't see a geek either...don't geeks have pocket pen protectors and wear thick glasses with plaid short sleeve shirts 'n polyester pants with penny loafers...hair parted neatly too far ta one side and slicked with dippity do ta tame that cowlick..is that what a geek is still taday or has that stature changed.....Pam  ;D

Cootie...think you just about got that covered..in the UK they'd probably be wearing an anorak and be into train spotting too....LOL   ;D

cathy..
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 10:11am »

Cootie - you were cracking me up.  I work in the accounting field and there are SO many geeks in my industry that they all look just as you described!   Shocked

Dagg - welcome to this great family.  Don't worry about the computer.  Heck I can't even do any of the underlining, glowing, or scrolling yet and I've been here for over a year!   ???  Maybe one day I'll figure it all out.

No laughing from this ch'er!

Mia
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 10:18am »

on Jan 8th, 2003, 10:38pm, cootie wrote:
Hi dagg.....nope not laughin at ya....don't see a geek either...don't geeks have pocket pen protectors and wear thick glasses with plaid short sleeve shirts 'n polyester pants with penny loafers...hair parted neatly too far ta one side and slicked with dippity do ta tame that cowlick..is that what a geek is still taday or has that stature changed.....Pam  ;D

Pam,
I'll have you know that in the computer industry we prefer to be referred to as g33ks and my glasses are quite thin Tongue  I do NOT wear plaid or polyester (it melts if you stand too close to a flame...no don't ask how I know that), and as for the dippity do, my hair does that all by itself if I just don't wash it for a day, and my part just does it itself! LOL

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 10:32am »

Dagg, nah   HERE we laugh WITH you,    and cry with you, and chat with you, and yell with you, and cuss with you, and............ think you get the picture huh?   Smiley

Nice to meet you and Linda thanks for the reminding intro.

so many great ppl here that it sometimes gets hard for us older ppl to remember all ....right Charlie???   Tongue

And look at that dagg!!!!!!!!!  you guys already got a great lady on your side with that Linda H.....(suckin up to ya Linda..hehehehehehe)

thanks for good smiles today you'll,
EDNA

IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 11:12am »

PS: Got ta thinkin bout it and actually I explained a NERD earlier in this thread....a GEEK has some sort of oversized extremity on there face....that's the difference......big nose....big ears.....to big a head on sucha skinny body. Yeah now I got it..........there is a difference ya know....... Pam  Grin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

don

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 9th, 2003, 3:31pm »

Quote:
Just click "Remove" in your post and its gone

I tried that and your still here.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk !
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss