Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 8:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « They've started again! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   They've started again!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: They've started again!  (Read 460 times)
mdcheetah
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

txcheetah  
Email

They've started again!
« on: Jan 10th, 2003, 9:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well hello everyone!  I was at this site a few years ago, because I found out that the headache I was having 4 to 8 times a day were clusters.  My doctor tried everything to help me cope with the demon, but nothing seemed to help.  As mysteriously as they began, they stopped.  (that was two years ago)  Yesterday morning I woke up to the unbearable pain of a cluster!  My boyfriend doesn't seem to understand why it is that I begin pounding my head on the floor.  As many of you know, trying to explain the "pain" to someone is almost impossible, unless they suffer as well.  Like I said, they have returned......with a vengeance!!  It's uncanny how much pain there is, especially since I haven't had one in quite some time!!  I guess I'll just keep doing what I did the last time it reared its ugly head......pound, pound, pound.................hopefully, this episode won't last long.  Now if I can only stop from going crazy!!!!!!
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

Re: They've started again!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 11:35am »

hi mdcheetah, sorry to hear that you have the beast back in your life.  
I hope your seeing a Dr for this because there is help. For years I fought this w/out any meds (or ones that didn't work) and like you I pounded my head, screamed, cursed and pretty much just rode it out night after night.  
After finally changing Dr's and reading all I could find on this web site and others,  I talked to my new Dr about various ways to combat the beast and I have found that oxygen really seems to help as an abortive. When I feel it coming on, I head for the tank, strap on the mask and usually within 5 mins I can feel a major difference.
I've also had much success with the Imitrex injections but I don't care for the side effects and they are way too costly.  
Good luck and may it pass quickly.
PFDAN's to you!
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 11:49am »

Sorry to read that after 2 years of searching the beast was able to find you again.
Maybe if your boy friend was to read some of the posts here on the MB he will come to the understanding that the banging of your head is part of the CH territory.

Hang in there! The beast will go back into hiding.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2003, 12:32pm »

Sorry you had reason to come back to the fold mdcheetah.  There's lots of folks here who can help you with dealing.

If you don't have meds, hot black coffee, get in your vehicle and turn the a/c on full blast and put yer face in the vent, use the a/c in the house the same way.  If it's winter where you are and cold, go outside and breath and run.  Ice packs to the temple and eye of the CH side.  If you can, get thee to an O2 supplier like yesterday.  Oxygen has been a life saver for ALOT of people here (I hear it's great for hangovers too).

Hope you can help your boyfriend understand better.  Tell him to sign up and pull up a chair in the supporters corner.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss