Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 6:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « If your aproaching 50 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   If your aproaching 50
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: If your aproaching 50  (Read 1363 times)
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: If your aproaching 50
« Reply #25 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Being over 50 is great.  
The mortage is paid off. The kids are out of my wallet. I haven't had a cluster cycle since '98. Life is good.  Smiley
And I'm ordering parts for my new street rod this week  Grin
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
marty
New Board Old Timer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 6:04pm »

Hey Bob!  Did you not read what Mark C wrote..  A friggin video camera attached to a garden hoose..  I rather get a new mortage and some new kids ;D

And to our Queen of the North..  NO! I am 49 and I will always remain 49 years old!  These people made sure of that!

Grin ;D ;D Shocked

Marty
IP Logged
CathiP

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 6:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Marty-
Viking of the South.............

BITE ME !!!!!Shocked

I've got it in your very own font(authentic, too-  it's got a Swedish accent)-
I know the truth, I know the truth, I know the truuuuth!!!                Grin ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I guess I could suppress it if it REALLY bothers you........
Now,  Roll EyesWhat will you offer me as a bribe????
neener, neener, neener!!

Nanook of the Northwest!
IP Logged
CathiP

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 6:37pm »

................Besides, I'd MUCH prefer to discuss aging rather than colonoscopies.........
In fact, I'd rather eat tree bark.......
I'd prefer being ripped apart by rabid gerbils....
I'd rather be stuck on a broken hamster wheel.......

RIGHT, MARTY????
        ;D
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 6:46pm »

"queen of the North"    I like that..

And to my friend of the west in "Sin City".....

Parts is parts and I have a feeling that after you build that street rod,,,,,,,you won't have enough $$$$ left over for a colonoscophy.    But when you build that, can Cathi and her Corvertte and me and  my Mercury have a ride??????   Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 7:06pm »

Brad hit a raccon in my lill yeller sports car last nite and busted my spoiler.....he's lucky I didn't give him a colonoscopie.....and that he gets ta reach 50 in one piece.....ha-ha-ha....I can laugh now but it wasn't as funny last nite. Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

CathiP

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 7:21pm »

Hey, Linda- Sounds like a plan!
But, read on....
Cootie, thought I MIGHT get the home version of colonoscopy....last night we played darts in the garage...one of them went a bit askew......OHMIGAWWWD! Scratched the custom paint...worst part? I had the nerve to LAUGH!!!
Bob, are you(getting back to the original subject) ANAL about your street rod?
Linda, can I come live with you till the dust settles here? Undecided  
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 7:42pm »

I don't blame you one bit marty.  I woke up during a colonoscopy....told the nurses if they didn't pull the hose out I would!  They didn't believe me until reached round back.

It was 3 days afore I knew what was what again LOL

As for age, I will be celebrating my 14 annual 21st birthday next month  Grin

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 9:31pm »

Cathi,  

You';re welcome here just as long as darts are not involved.   BobG has a right to be anal, and I'm sorry hun, but so does yer hubby...scratched the custom paint and then laughed about it??????  oh, Cathi.......you need to pack a bag that will last you about 3 yrs, I'm afraid...Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 12th, 2003, 9:35pm »

Ok thats it ya bunchawimps... try having a baby... When a woman is in labor everyone except the hospital janitor has their hands up your crotch... and there are times they check the back door too... If you got to 50 without this little detail upon your rumpus... think yourself glad!!!

Another brief gross moment from Ree your favorite Cluster supporter
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
CathiP

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 11:26am »

LindaH- The errant dart had a RUBBER tip- no damage-None a-tall!!! Compare this to the Christmas Eve he took MY car, came back with parts of it hanging around his neck!!!The ins. company totaled it. Oregonians (especially ones transplanted from CA) should be required to stay off the streets in snowstorms!  Inanimate objects that give us great pleasure-are STILL inanimate objects....come to think of it, he should buff ME weekly- three times a week during the summer... Wink

Ree-I soo appreciate the way you can always put these things into perspective! Simple, succinct and....a bullseye!
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 11:44am »

Gee wish that raccoon woulda been rubber coated Brad  hit with my car......man now it is damaged goods......it's a  lease so I gotta fix it...gotta buy a new lower portion of the spoiler.......a dart woulda been a better deal then that raccoon......don't see too many darts runn across the road in the country....or too many people tossin raccoons at dart boards...dam....why is that.....Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #37 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 2:07pm »

Cathi..........you're right. I am a bit anal about building a new car. 12 years ago my daughter wanted to go to college and I had to sell my last one, a Deuce Coupe.  
I think you're just jealous 'cause I get a new, one of a kind, hand built roadster and you're stuck with one of those belly button cars.  Grin

Linda.......don't worry about the money being gone
my wife has a job. Wink
IP Logged

JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #38 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 2:41pm »

I am 51 and had my 1st "finger up the bum" test last week along with a blood test for PSA. It was not as bad as I expected and I was declared has having a "very smooth anal passage" with no iregularities of the prstate. My PSA levels were very low so I passed the test with flying colours. The colonoscapy thing sounds gross though. My doc says my blood test results rule out the need for this invasive (no kidding!) procedure at this time.

J
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
CathiP

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 3:02pm »

Wow, Bob! This IS auspicious! Please don't get me wrong- your priorities are right on target, and I hope you enjoy every inch of chrome on that car!! We sold a "32 3-window Ford when our first was born. I really didn't mean to frighten you with the dart story-and the paint is fine.......Linda has a great idea-we could have a cruise-in, or, there's Hot August Nights???
IP Logged
CathiP

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 3:11pm »

Hey, BobG-
Sooo, I know I'm gonna catch it for this one....but I have a gap in my education......what's a "belly button car"?

Cootie- Get that spoiler fixed and get on out here- we're gonna have a Cruise-In!!!! (can we wait till the rain stops- we have t-tops that leak.....on my head  Undecided
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #41 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 3:15pm »

SAVE NOW!

$25.00 off at Jonny's Colon Shack. Sign up this week and Jonny Colon will use lube on the glove! Thats right folks.........A lubed probe !  Mention this ad and recieve six boxes of Bran muffins and a pet Gerbil.

Tell em don sent ya!
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 3:51pm »

don...hey is beer half priced......I wanna get the gerbil drunk first. CathiP.....not sure how ta fix a busted spoiler....suppose I can duct tape it.....know where I can get bright yeller duct tape ta match my car till I can buy a new section....that cruise-in sounds like FUN.....all we can have round here is a plow-in.....I needa vacation.....you got raccoons out there...I need raccoon repeller whistels on my bumpers....wonder what they look like...prolly shaped like coyotees.......Pam  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2003, 4:00pm by cootie » IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #43 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 3:51pm »

Order now and jonny will throw in a wheel and some wood chips for the gerbil absolutly FREE!!!

....................jonny Cheesy
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #44 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 4:13pm »

Cathi,
Belly button car.........ya know, ordinary, everyday, run- of-the-mill

Belly buttons.......as in "everybody's got one"

oh yeah........just kidding  Kiss
IP Logged

Brassbear

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jan 13th, 2003, 4:30pm »

Hey group,

Made it through the colonoscopy this morning. The guys are right, it looks like a black rubber garden hose with a camera and a few other attachements.

Removed a few polyps but other that that I got a "clean bill of health". Honestly, I don't remember a whole bunch about it. I'm allergic to to demerol so the shot me up with moriphine ;D

An odd note, the proctologist asked me if I had been having and new problems lately. I told him about the cluster headaches and HE knew what I was talking about and how to treat them. He told me to keep after my doctor until I got what I wanted and that I was right on target! My question is; how come the proctolgist knows about cluster headaches??? BTH, the rest of the medical clue had no idea what I was talking about.

Michael
IP Logged
KarenT

Email

« Reply #46 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:29pm »

Thanks for the reminder, Jonny.

As a few of you know, my dad died October 21st, 2002- 3 days before my son's 6th birthday-from colon cancer. He was 61. He never had a colonoscopy done and I never knew it. His liver was full of cancer when it was found and there was nothing that could be done. He turned a shade of yellow I hope I never see again. When he died, I lost my best friend. Daddy always gave me the freedom to be me and never passed judgment on my decisions. I miss him so much.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but I can't help it.
 Cry Cry Cry Cry

Thanks, Jonny, for starting a thread about this.

KarenT
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #47 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:37pm »

Karen,

To tell ya the truth I started this thread as a joke but after reading the replies im glad its more of a serious thread than a funny one, If one person gets checked because of this thread i'll be extremly happy.

Sorry bout your Dad, I know that hurt to well.

...............................jonny
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #48 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:43pm »

Sorry to read of your loss Karen.  Losing a parent is a difficult time.

Thanks jonny -- even when you're messing around you help people.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss