Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 1:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: working and coping with ch »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: working and coping with ch
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: working and coping with ch  (Read 1188 times)
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #25 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 1:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Its actually impossible to keep the ch a secret at work. When your workmates and boss see you one with red eye and nostril streaming with tears and snot, and you are clutching your temple to try and quell the pain it is a bit of a give away. When you explain the problem they are sympathetic but you somehow just know they think you are weak. It's just a fuckin headache after all! After a month of 2 they all think they have the answer to your "problem" and know nothing about what its like. It is extremely rare and most people have never heard about ch and have never met another person who suffers from it. Thats what is so great about this site. Everyone understands.

J
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 3:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have also never missed a day of work due to CH's and I'm also chronic.  

Do I need to "escape" when I get hit? Yes of course.  I've had to walk out of lectures that I was giving to a room full of people who paid to hear me talk.  All I could say was "Excuse me folks, I have a personal emergency to handle, but I'll be back".

But, because of this site (and .org) I don't have any problems getting people to understand what it is that I go through - just give them a link to follow!  

Also, I've used an "Americanized" version of Simon Bowers wonderful single page document that was designed to describe CH's to co-workers.  The original is available on the OUCH UK site.  A copy of my "tweaked" version (with Simon's permission) can be sent via email on request.

Marc

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss