Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 6:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sansert Discontinued »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sansert Discontinued
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sansert Discontinued  (Read 5447 times)
ComputerGeek

Email

Sansert Discontinued
« on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi All,

It was suggested that I re-post my adventure with Sansert here.  Here it is:

The reason I am posting is to save someone else in my postion some time.  I just found out 10 days ago that Novartis has stopped production of Sansert in the U.S. (Thank-you Novartis for the oh-so generous warning. NOT!)  When I found out I went into melt down because Sansert has allowed me to lead a fairly normal life, CH free.  I pulled my self together and started making phone calls and searching the net for alternatives.  I found a reference on this board to Deseril (thank-you) and started looking for it in the States.  No one had heard of it, not my doctor, not my pharmacist.  Apperantly if its not in the doctor's pdr nor in the pharmacists little black book it doesn't exist.  As I have learned in the last 10 years, don't accept what the medical profession says as final.  I called Novartis in the US to find out about Deseril but they were of zero help.  I then called Novartis in the UK and they told me that the manufacturing rights for Deseril was given to Alliance Pharmaceutics in the UK.  I called Alliance and they said that they have no plans of stopping production of Deseril.  YES!  I then went about finding a supplier and low and behold I found mastersmarketing.com on the net.  Just fill out the form, provide a supervising doctor's name and address, provide a payment method and in a few weeks you will have Deseril at your door.  Now I am in the middle of trying to get my insurance to pay for medication from a foreign source.  This battle should really give me a headache.   Wink

ComputerGeek  

IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: Sansert Discontinued
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:47pm »

How much do you make for pushing this website?

You log on for the first time and within 8 mins you have a post up selling drugs, 6 days later you post the same post selling drugs, plus you dont post your e-mail.

SO!!, how much do you make?

........................jonny
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:57pm by jonny » IP Logged
ComputerGeek

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:09pm »

So... sounds like you got a little attitude problem jonny.  I DON'T take drugs (except for the ones for my CH).  I DON'T sell drugs and I DON't like dipshits like you who shoot their mouths off with out knowing the facts.  Not that it is any of your business, but I work full time, go to school full time, have a family, and have CHs.  I actually thought that I might help someone by posting but obviously you didn't see it that way.  You thought it would be real COOL to show what an astute person you are by jumping to the conclusion that because I mentioned a place where people in the USA could get badly need medication that I am pushing drugs.  I'll stack my morals up against yours any day jonny boy. My second post on this board and WOW, what a welcome!  Are all of the people that post here like you?

So long and thanks for all the fish

ComputerGeek
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:21pm »

Well, seems to me when someone shows up here and keeps posting how we can spend our money they are in for a cut.

I take it you by passed the "New visitor" link on the left , Huh?

2 out of 2 posts telling us how we can spend our money.......Hmmmmmm!!!!

........................jonny

BTW: No attitude prob....Im the KING of this board, never forget that!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:22pm by jonny » IP Logged
KarenT

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:30pm »

Nope, not all people on the board are like Jonny. He was the first person to try to help me when my desparate a*s*s showed up here a few years ago. Can I get a HELL YEAH?  

Listen, CG, I can appreciate the fact that you are trying to help. But according to my Nursing2003 Drug Book that I just paid 38 friggin dollars for, Sansert does exist. If the manufacturer discontinued it, chances are they'll come up with something to replace it. Drug companies are like that you know. Only use I have for them is their free stuff they give to us at the ER--haven't bought an ink pen in years.

KarenT
IP Logged
ComputerGeek

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:30pm »

its me again jonny boy,

I'm not done with you yet.  First off, I have been reading this board for a few years now.  If you plucked your head out you might actually get some air to that rock you call a brain and figure out that the reason I posted 8 minutes after I registerd was because... and the survey says....I HAD SOMETHING TO SAY.  As for your clever analysis of my repost 6 days later, that is due to an email I received from someone named woobie who politely suggested that it would be more beneicial to the others if I posted in the general section.  As for not listing my email, I was in a hurry, but now that I know there are people like you here I will go back to using the board when I need info and thats it.  

ComputerGeek (very pisssed-off)
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:41pm »

Thats "KING" to you!!!

............................KING!! (Very LMMFYBO)

For someone that has been reading this board for a few years you got no idea who I am and that proves you lie out you ass......LMAO ;D

YOUR KING!!!!!;D
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:49pm by jonny » IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

KarenT wrote: "Sansert does exist"

Not anymore, according to my pharmacist. It is no longer available. Well, technically I guess it does exist, as I have about 40 2mg doses left, but no more refills.  

I'm waiting for an answer from my insurance company as to whether I can get it from a foreign source and still pay the same copay as I used to, but I'm not optimistic. My pharmacist told me the best thing to do is talk to my neuro and discuss alternative treatment.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
KarenT

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 8:48pm »

Brewcrew,

If it's so, then okay. I've been wrong before and I'll admit it. But I still stand by what I said about it being replaced with something else.  

Prilosec used to be Losec except pharmacists kept reading it as Lasix and folks were peeing the day away instead of getting stomach relief  (or so I was told by a pharmacist when I was in nursing school in 1989). Drug companies have a way of coming out with a "new and improved" model. Increases the number of scripts written and engineers new business which brings it down to the most important issue for them--the almighty dollar.

Cynical ole nurse,

KarenT

P.S I like your handle-even if I don't like beer  Wink  
Just point me to the Jack Daniels-wish they gave us Tennesseeans a "group discount" LOL
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:03pm »

Karen, ask for a refound of your $38 for an outdated book. Novartis did discontinue the production of Methysergide (Sansert, Deseril), the last charge has an expiration date only a few weeks from now. This fact has been mentioned several times on these boards by people who relied on Sansert up to now. It is highly unlikely that Novartis will come up with "something similar" when they discontinued the old stuff because of the low demand for it. Similar meds (the Triptans) are around for a long time already and for meegraine people they usually do a better job than the old Sansert (and that's the reason the demand dwindled).

But we all know how difficult it is for some cluster folks to find a medication that helps. Therefore, if they hear that a proven medication is no longer available, they are pissed off at least as much as I am at jonny's entirely uncalled for, hostile comments in this thread.

Thank you, ComputerGeek, for not only finding an other manufacturer of Methysergide, but also giving those that need it a source where to get it.

Jonny, go find a victim worthy of your wrath. ;D

PFNAD's
Ueli
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:12pm »

Well, when the first two and only posts are asking us to spend money, my posts to me are not uncalled for, you call them what you want Ueli. I would rather be wrong than see anyone in this family get fucked.

.........................jonny
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:14pm »

This is a quote....I have nothin ta do with what it says....jus a quote I copied bout the stuff.....here it is:
~Methysergide, AKA Sansert® is structurally related to the oxytocic agent methylergonovine and to the potent hallucinogen LSD! An older Migraine medication and is NOT a front line treatment. Although it should be explored when the doctor and patient believe there may be a potential gain for the Migraineur. Also, it can only be used for short periods of time, something to keep in mind.~ End of quote.......ya'll prolly knew this anyhow. ComputerGeek......sorry ya got off on the wrong foot.....us keeeds have all been taught to be leery of strangers with candy....that's all it is......stand up and tell everone a lill bout yerself fer starters...then take the next step ta fit in......Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:43pm »

My Woobie prompted the repost ?

GEEEEZ! she done it again.
Sorry Jonny she wuz just tryin to be a good supporter.

Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 10:01pm »

Alot of them 'manufacturein' web sites that offer drugs do NOT send you the meds....they take yer credit card number and money....then they disapear....gotta really be careful orderin meds esp ones that need a prescription legally in most states. So I think mention ta do so sends up a red flag with lotta people that have heard about the ripp offs....some of them web sites are fly by niters.....here taday gone tamarrow....so yeah....ya wanna be careful of them sites and trustin there 'trustworthy' esp when yer in need of sumthin bad. Pam (PS: I didn't mean all co's are ripp offs here.....jus be careful that's all.....)
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2003, 1:07am by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 10:37pm »

Everyone get in your time machine.  

It would be handy now  Roll Eyes

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Ueli

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 11:00pm »

Damn, damn, damn, jonny

did you unlearn to read  ???

Now where did ComputerGeek ask you, or anybody else, for money. All he did was giving a source for a med that some who need it can not get any longer from their previous source (Remember your quest for the indo bullets?).  
ComputerGeek's post is far away from those drug pushers who want to make a quick $, and to whom I am the first to jump.

Cootie, if someone loses his money in an attempt to get a prescription drug without a rx, I would say they don't deserve anything better.  
But first take a look at http://mastersmarketing.com/ before you bunch them up with the dubious dope pushers.

Please people, first use your common sense before typing.  Angry
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 11:38pm »

I tried Desiril quite a few years ago.  It was just one in a long string of various attempts to find help for this lovely little friend of ours.  While it was somewhat effective in reducing the frequency of attacks, it had a hidious side effect (imho) in that it made my libido take a vacation... this was not OK with the wife.  Me, I was happy the headaches were under any kind of control, but I didn't miss sex at all.  This made wifey even more unhappy... so it was a net negative for me and I moved on to the next experiment...

Anyway, for those who find it helps, it's nice to know there is a source.  Thanks ComputerGeek.

And while I respect Jonny's desire to protect us from scam artists and product shills, I think it would be cool if Jonny admitted that, after reflection, he may have jumped the gun in this particular instance.  Let's give a brother a break.  CH (and all the treatment) makes you do things like that.... I know it does for me, anyway.

ComputerGeek, Jonny's a protective brash abrasive jerk to those who deserve it, and even quite a few who don't.  Don't take it personal.
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
jonny

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 6:45am »

" provide a payment method "

Hmmmmm!!!

..........................jonny
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 7:37am »

on Jan 14th, 2003, 9:43pm, cerebus wrote:
My Woobie prompted the repost ?

GEEEEZ! she done it again.
Sorry Jonny she wuz just tryin to be a good supporter.

Cerebus

Dang it!!   Embarassed
Yes, I did... and only because at the time, a lot of people hadn't read that post, and I thought that if people needed to know.. more would read it here...
 Geeeesh..   Cheesy

Don't be hatin on me!!    Cheesy

Tina   Kiss
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 10:28am »

Yeah I'm with woobie....don't be hatein on me either....I was only tryin ta buy Paxil back then from the over the net seller co. I found out about...(I now cringe at the thought).......I should know better then ta stick my nose in some areas anyhow I don't belong...sorry....but there "are" co's that advertise over the net or send you emails or got people workin fer em that put there addy in posts that you gotta be cautious with. There really is !!! OK...that's my answer and I'm stickin to it. Good luck to all........Pam
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #20 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 1:06pm »

KarenT - I hope they do replace it with something. Something that retains all the positive benefits and eliminates the goofy feelings of disconnectedness from those around you for the first couple of days.

It has worked great for me in the past. I have about 40-50 2mg doses left. Hey jonny - wanna buy 'em? Oops - wrong question. That's okay, I just like seein' ya get all worked up. Maybe that's what keeps you feisty.
IP Logged

firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #21 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 2:12pm »

Thank you for sharing this information ComputerGeek.
Reading the posts it seems that there are those who do not know that LSD was researched and used for migraine (and other) ha. in the 70s. The results were quite promising until the DEA or FDA or someone who "knew better" stopped all research.  
It is little wonder then, that those who were aware of this research and its possibilities, should be disappointed that a drug so similar to the drug that showed some success has been discontinued. I personally have no opinion or experience of this drug but do feel that everyone is entitled to their own choices.
Its good that we share our knowledge!!!!
Some of us are even adult enough to make our own decisions about what we read,learn and ingest.
Let us be careful that we do not cut ourselves off from new information, new members and potential enlightenment!!
It's a big family here, but surely there's room for more!
We are not all the same either..............
Thank goodness!!!
Thank you again ComputerGeek.
Now c'mon, man, tell us a little about y'self and join in the fun
Don't take it personally!
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #22 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 4:29pm »

KarenT - There's a thread started entitled "Methergine Anyone?" and can be found at http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1041219369

This would support your experience that drug companies tend to replace meds with better ones.
IP Logged

KarenT

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 6:48pm »

Thanks brewcrew,

My time here was limited until November due to the fact that I was taking care of my dying father here in my home--no way would I let anybody else take care of him. Seems like everytime I sat down to read the board, something happened to call me away--but I wouldn't change a thing.  

I'm trying to get caught up with my reading here but I'm desperately behind.

KarenT
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #24 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 8:19pm »

on Jan 14th, 2003, 9:12pm, jonny wrote:
I would rather be wrong than see anyone in this family get fucked.

.........................jonny

Thanks brother.

CG, dont take it personal. Many scam artists have attempted to part us from our money and some of the more experienced members of this board tend to become protective. I am grateful for Jonny, even if he is honest, trustworthy, and dependable...just ask him.
I am also grateful for the information you have posted because someone just may get relief from your information. Stand you ground. We need good Clusterheads and supporters and dont let anyone keep you from posting. If you have paid your dues (in pain) like most of have no words can do you harm. Post away...this is your board too....if you claim your spot!  
PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss