Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 3:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH and Dentistry »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH and Dentistry
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH and Dentistry  (Read 418 times)
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

CH and Dentistry
« on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Howdy folks! Here is another tantalizing tale from the medical community. Today I was the recipient of the second root canal in as many weeks. Pain? Oh yes! much, but what does one do about it? Narcotics are definately out of the question, and sadly Ibuprofen and Acetominophen are useless even at high doses.
   10000 yrs of dentistry and the best they can come up with is a pair of pliers and a dremel tool. Geez, could the proffession be just a little more barbaric?
    Anyway.....I had the fortune to experience this because of my genetic disposition to bad teeth. Basically I can plan on dentures by the time I hit 35, Ironically, that is in two months. LOOK OUT Jonny, I'll be joining the artificial maxilofacial world with ya soon! But at what cost? Here is the breakdown, Can you say $14,000 dollars ( that is american dollars for you canadians and europeans) all together now , in unison, JUMPIN JEHOSEPHAT BATMAN!!!!!!
    Our insurance only covers $1000 a year so either it takes 14 years to complete or we shell out a huge amount of cash to have it done. As for second opinions, great, I need one apparently and as usuall I have an "Issue" regarding that. I hate Dentists (an understatement) PETRIFIED is more the vernacular I'm searching for. In spite of my fear, I am totally worried about the quality of work as well, I don't want to sacrifice quality for cost efficiency if I can help it mainly because I really don't want to spend time and $$ to fix someone's mistake.
    Any suggestions?
 Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
jonny

Email

Re: CH and Dentistry
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Please do not tell me that the $1400 includes extraction of all teeth and the making of new ones, if so......RUN!!!!!!

I got $4500 into two plates w/extraction.

best bet is to find someone you know that has store bought teef that look good and question them about fit and price.

Some insurance will cover the cost of pulling if your having seven teeth or more out at once, I saved $1200 that way.

................................jonny
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:37pm by jonny » IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 8:05pm »

I probably should have been more clear, the price includes several root canals, a "flipper" plate to temporarily fill the void when the teef come out, and a partial upper and lower. It does NOT include extraction as I have to go to an oral surgeon and pay that bill separately. All in all they want to remove my five upper front teef, shore up the broken rear teef (upper and lower) and fit me with a partial to fill all the gaps past and present.
   Unfortunately, I AM going to pay alot for this muffler.
Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 8:14pm »

If it were me, id have them all done.....why pay for shit now that your going to pay for again in a few years. that was my thinking when they told me the same shit.

Its up to you but why pay twice, I had all the tops out at 27....looked like shit with the bottoms till someone that loved me bugged my ass enough to get the bottoms done....fuckin things were comming out one every four months......LOL

JLP
..........................................jonny
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 8:49pm »

Join a hockey or rugby leage and don't wear teeth guards.

1/2 of mine were paid for by a minor league hockey team.  Still pisses me off that I could have made the majors if Nixon hadn't invited me to the south china sea for his Nam party.

Honesty sorry to hear you're having problems with your teeth.  Holy shit that's expensive!
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:22pm »

ya know Echo? I actually considdered that sort of thing. the Tae Kwon Do proved to be in-effective, Dang, I thought that would work for sure. I'm too old and small for football, My baseball career is over, and I'm running out of sports to include. I got it! trap shooting that oughtta do the trick, all I gotta do is hold the shotgun incorrectly and bang NO MORE TEEF!

Ow! that would leave a mark Roll Eyes

Cerebus
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:27pm »

Try this first cerebus...Pam
http://www.bubba-teeth.com/
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:40pm »

Shop around. Havent had all my teeth pulled but I did recently put braces on 2 of my kids and had prices for both ranging from 12,000$ to 3800$ The lower one did an excellent job. Didnt give the hi price ones a chance to compare though.
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 12:49pm »

on Jan 14th, 2003, 7:36pm, jonny wrote:
Please do not tell me that the $1400 includes extraction of all teeth and the making of new ones, if so......RUN!!!!!!

................................jonny

NO NO NO Jonny.... that's $14,000... THOUSAND!  With all the dental work that they want to do WITH the dentures... root canals, crowns, partial denture on the bottom... blah blah blah...

i told him... WTF?  Get them all pulled and get the whole set... but he said that the dentist said that something with the bone mass would be lost and then you'd have to get them replaced later anyway.   you know what I said to that??
3000 for a full set of dentures now...
in a nother 10 years, get them replaced.. that's a total of 6000...  
6000 is a lot less that 14,000... and even if we had to replace them 3 times .. that's STILL less than 14000.  Right??  Am I wrong?  

Jonny also said to ask someone with store bought teef... ok.. Jonny.. you're the only one we know with store bought teef... we be askin you!!  LOL!@!!!

UGH!
Tina Kiss
IP Logged
Brassbear

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 1:00pm »

OK, I'm in with jonny. I've got store bought teef. And they wanted to do pretty much the same thing to me that they're telling you. My answer was the same as jonny's "Screw that, pull them all NOW." It cost me just about $4500.00 and the insurance paid 1/2 of it.

Life is better with store bought teef for me. I could not believe how much pain I had been living in every day. Same thing as you Cerebus, a hereditary thing where the enamel just WON'T stay on the teef.

I don't like dental work either, they use to have to numb me up just to do a cleaning! Freakin' dentist... almost as bad as a lawyer!

Michael
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss