Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 8:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone know a good neuro in Portland, Oregon? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone know a good neuro in Portland, Oregon?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone know a good neuro in Portland, Oregon?  (Read 363 times)
K.
New Board Veteran
USA 

Anyone know a good neuro in Portland, Oregon?
« on: Jan 15th, 2003, 7:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I haven't posted much so let me update a little. I'm 40 and have been an episodic CH sufferer since I was 22. I actually have migraines and CH. I'm in a cycle now but recently moved to Portland. My old neuro is covering me for the time being. It has been almost impossible to find one here that will see me anytime soon and the ones I have called, only consult....one appt. ???My current meds in case anyone is curious...Prednisone, Covera HS, O2 and Imitrex inj. Any ideas??? The scariest thing in the world to me is to go this alone with no meds. I couldn't do it.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: Anyone know a good neuro in Portland, Oregon?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 8:48pm »

Welcome and I hope you keep checking in. Sooner or later, you'll get an answer. There are those who can give you better advice than I.    

Stick around. We need you as well.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
ave

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 5:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Information on cluster-friendly doctors is to be found on the OUCH-site. I could not find one in Oregon, but maybe a doc in the neighbourhood will do?

If you find a good one yourself, or if you can recommend your old neuro, do add them to the list at this site:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/doctors.htm
IP Logged
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 4:39pm »

Probably the best way to find a good neuro in Portland is to inquire at the Oregon Health Sciences University. They are a very good source of info.
The VA hospital has a couple of good ones if you're a vet.
Hope this helps.
IP Logged

K.
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 7:07pm »

Thanks for responding, I'll keep checking too..for more responses in case anybody reads this that knows of one here in Portland (or even in Oregon) or ibetter yet, a patient of one. I did call OHSU and they are the ones only doing a consult (in which case they're booked out until March Undecided) and then referring back to a regular doc. Maybe that's ok..I just don't know. I really want .to thank you all too just for being here because just knowing there are people that actually understand makes it so much easier to deal with. Before I found this site I only knew one other person that suffered with these. I think everyone else just thought I was nuts or something.  

Wishing all of you out there...PFDAN
K.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss