Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 11th, 2024, 8:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Getting my ass out of Mass. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Getting my ass out of Mass.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Getting my ass out of Mass.  (Read 481 times)
Digitalfilm43
New Board Newbie
USA 

Never trust the man in the backwards monkey suit.

Akadriver
Email

Getting my ass out of Mass.
« on: Jan 16th, 2003, 5:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Alright, I'm just playing with the idea. I haven't told anyone (my girlfriend would kill me) or decided definately yet. But I think I'd like to move from MA to some other state. I've lived here all my life, and it's just too damn expensive. And though I'm not political and I don't vote, MA is too damn democratic.  I've always heard that if you can make it in MA, you can make it pretty much anywhere else (except CA and NY ). But with my health insurance (Blue Cross and Blue Shield) though expensive, covers 100% of my O2. I don't pay a cent and I would like to keep it that way if possible. Does anyone else in any state other than MA have O2 covered 100%?
-Todd
IP Logged

Never underestimate the power of the mushroom.
Clusterbusters.com
Silver_Dolphins
New Board Veteran

Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?

Re: Getting my ass out of Mass.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 5:32pm »

Hi 7 yrs,

Come to South Carolina. BC/BS is here as well, our cost of housing is one of the lowest in the country, our taxes are also low.

Drawbacks are, depending on where you locate to, you can get in a HORRID school district. However, I live in a district that always scores well above national test averages. I scored a 1340 on my SAT and my school average was 1110 (I think, was in 1982). So, good schools can be found.

Our politics are ultra right wing conservative. I am considered middle of the road to liberal here and in Mass, I would be branded conservative.

Our pay scales are also not the greatest in the nation. However, it offsets with the cost of living thing.

What do you do for a living?
IP Logged

Through the corridors of sleep, past the shadows dark and deep, my mind dances and leaps in confusion. I don't know what is real, I can't touch what I feel, and I hide behind the shield of my illusion
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 5:49pm »

Although I have not used 02 yet (but I will next cycle), all my drugs are covered all except 5.00 deductible.  But that would depend on your medical plan.  I use H.I.P. and my Dr did say that 02 is covered for my clusters.  Oh yea, forgot to tell ya that I live in Staten Island, New York.

Happy house hunting   Wink

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Digitalfilm43
New Board Newbie
USA 

Akadriver
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 7:56pm »

South Carolina, huh, I was thinking something like that. I'm a professional photographer (School Portraits and the like). But I'm also a trained chef. I'm sure I could find work. Thanks for the info.
IP Logged

Clusterbusters.com
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 9:25pm »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh tell me where you live we're from Mass....ree and dave
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16th, 2003, 10:44pm »

Blue Cross Blue Shield is what we have too!  I love them, they have been great.. unlimited O2...free! and masks.. free.  and the haven't limited the imitrex either!  Not yet, anyway!

I was under the impression that BCBS was all over the US.  We had it in Kansas, Iowa, and now Illinois.. so at least here..  

Iowa.. you'll love Iowa..
Illinois sucks...
Dont go to Kansas..  

Iowa is awesome.. the best schools.. the best people, cost of living is good..   I miss Iowa!!   Cry

OK.. im done!!   Cheesy

Tina Kiss
IP Logged
Digitalfilm43
New Board Newbie
USA 

Akadriver
Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 17th, 2003, 6:17am »

Hey ree and dave, I grew up in North Andover, but I live in Haverhill now. People around here are just too uptight. Nobody knows how to laugh or take a joke anymore. My sence of humor doesn't match the conservativeness of this state.
-Todd
IP Logged

Clusterbusters.com
jonny

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 17th, 2003, 6:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

people in Weymouth suck eggs too....LOL

Thats why my ass is jumping a flight to phoenix today, Ahhhh, 80 degrees....LMAO ;D

.................jonny Cheesy
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 17th, 2003, 11:33am »

Texas

Come down here...it's got everything you could possibly want.  Warm weather, enough cold that you don't miss all the seasons (except spring only lasts one day), warm and friendly people (excluding the fact that we keep a loaded shotgun by the bed....we don't keep a round chambered!), and if you're invited over.....we don't shoot !!  Grin  We've go the best Mexican restaurants in the country....and the best steaks.

We have BLBS, that's what I had up until 3 days ago.  Works pretty good down here.  Lots and lots of farmers and ranchers......so there's a welding supply store on almost every corner (I use welding 02).  It is definitely a very conservative state politically......(you won't find our Gov. commuting any prison sentences....they's hang him).

Got lots of kiddies to take picitures of, and the cost of living isn't bad.  

Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Hunny

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 17th, 2003, 1:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Roxy's close but you really need to consider Louisiana if you know how to cook.  We've got the best food in the whole wide world and BC/BS also!!

When I first got here from NY I thought I'd been along with Dorthy and her tornado but once you get used to it you really love it.

The people are great, prices aren't bad, housing is plentiful and the weather is wonderful.  

There is no food on earth like the food in LA and now is the time for Mardis Gras.  You can get down and dirty in the French Quarter or move out of the city and have family fun.  

Louisiana is the place to be - ask EDNA!!
IP Logged
netniet
New Board Junior

going to the headbangersbal

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17th, 2003, 3:06pm »

Groningen???? ;D ;D ;D

All meds. coverd and....

mushrooms are legal Cool

IP Logged
netniet
New Board Junior

going to the headbangersbal

« Reply #11 on: Jan 17th, 2003, 3:11pm »

Groningen ??? ;D ;D ;D

All meds. covered.

And the mushrooms are legal Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss