Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 9:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « same symptoms anyone? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   same symptoms anyone?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: same symptoms anyone?  (Read 450 times)
FINDCARL

Email

same symptoms anyone?
« on: Jan 17th, 2003, 9:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

i was just diagnosed with ch ,but ive had a consistent headache for 3 months.some days worse than others,but it never goes away,nothing helps.i read about the beast coming on.mine never leaves but it's not as extreme as what i read. does anyone have similiar symptoms?
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: same symptoms anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2003, 9:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome and sorry you had reason to find us.  

With clusters, they come on quickly and are so intense, you cannot sit still or lie down. There are no OTC pain meds that will touch them and they will seem to drain away suddenly. They don't just taper off. They will wake you out of a sound sleep.

So far, what you describe doesn't sound like a cluster attack. I hope that's the case.  Tell us some more.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
2late
New Board Hall of Famer

Ride Free..Pain Free

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18th, 2003, 9:56am »

welcome aboard!! since being diagnosed CH, what meds are you on ? was it a neuro that diagnosed you? read this site & you'll see it doesn't sound like CH, for your sake i hope it isn't!   good luck to ya!                                   ........2late
IP Logged
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18th, 2003, 5:38pm »

Welcome Findcarl,

It sounds like what we call shadows that you are experiencing.  But if you have never got the full force effect of the beast I'm betting its not CH.  Just my opinion, have you taken the quiz to the left of the board? Are you taking any meds?

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19th, 2003, 11:38pm »

Hi Findcarl....hope ya find the answers ya need on here and help....Pam   Smiley
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

FINDCARL

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

thanks for the replies.i'm not sure what to think, i was diagnosed by a very good neurologist,but i dont seem to have quite the same symptoms as all of you.i normally have a dull deep pain in my eye sockets, bridge of my nose, and when it's real bad in my temples and top of my head.since october i have had one day that it didn't hurt. i do get bad days where it's really,really bad but not to the extent that you all seem to get it.i have had 2 mri's and a cat scan,all negative for anything in my sinuses or something like a growth.i was on an antibiotic for a month as everyone thought it was a sinus infection which i was always prone to get. now i am on depakote,which helps a little but it makes me more sick than anything really. i am very concerned that this is how ch starts,it is really affecting my life at this point.
IP Logged
Tim_Z
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 11:48pm »

In my case it took a long time to figure out what I had. I believe it started in my late teens to ealy twenties. In the begining I would get a killer head ache and just wait for it to go away. I had 4 year cycles every time a little worse and a little longer cycle. It got to the point when I couldn't take it anymore and seen a neuro. Undescribable pain, I'm a walker I just go and don't stop for anything, I don't know where to or why I think I'm trying to escape the pain. My Family treats me well they just look at me from the corner of their eyes as I pass by them many times a minute. Anyway my pain is in my eye and socket like red hot flaming pokers. My ear and mostly the entire side of my head. They come on very fast, it seems like as soon as you notice the pain bam it's there. The funny thing is it's gone just like that too. I hope you find relief soon. Tim
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss