Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 11th, 2024, 8:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Treasures lost then found »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Treasures lost then found
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Treasures lost then found  (Read 351 times)
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

Treasures lost then found
« on: Jan 19th, 2003, 9:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Let me give some background.  This is not CH related in anyway.

My grandfather passed away in may 1999.  My Father passed away in mar 2000.  I had lost the 2 men who had the most impact on my life in a years span.
My grandpa had polio as a child, and as such could not go out and play and do the things all the other little boys did.  He survived it, and only had the slightest limp. While he was forced to confinement of indoors, he decided to learn music.  He play and practiced and became so good that at age sixteen, Neville Sharpe, my grandfather, became the youngest ever assistant conducter of the Nottingham Symphony Orchestra.  There wasn't an instrument he couldn't play.  His favourites were his piano and his organ.  I grew up fighting with my cousins and brother as to who got to sit on the bench with grandpa when he played.  His music was exquisite.  

After he died, I cried and cried because I would never again hear the keys of his piano or organ.  When I opened one of my xmas gifts from my Nanna, in it was a photograph of my grandfather playing the organ on New Year's eve 98/99.  I was so touched.  Included was a letter, and two cassette tapes.  My Nanna had found some tapes that Grandpa had made of his piano and organ playing when she wasn't around.  SHe copied them and gave them to me.  I cried and cried, I have regained the music that I thought was lost from life forever.  One of the songs is even one he composed and wrote himself, with him singing it.  

Of all the gifts I've received over the years, none will ever compare to the treasure I found yesterday.  Cry Cheesy

Sometimes, when you think there's no going back and all is lost forever, remember, never say never.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

Re: Treasures lost then found
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19th, 2003, 10:00am »

Thats a beautiful story Cat. Treasures of the heart are always the best kinds to find. Money can be found and spent in a minutes time, this you will have forever.
Nice way to start a sunday morning...

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19th, 2003, 5:27pm »

Hi Cat

Parents are special but grandparents are even more special if you ask me.
My grandmother died back in 1963,and still after all those years it gives me GREAT joy to think about those times i sat on her lap and lissend BIGTIME when she told us about the old days.Sad to say that some of the stories has been forgotten but memories and picture of her are still with me for the rest of my life. I think the generatons before us was better to pase on those things to the next generations then we are.I think we are to bizzy thinking about our self to do that.

Even after your granddad died you did not loose those songs.They was in your heart all the time.You just needed a reminder of them and bless your grandma for doing what she did when she copied them and gave them to you.

Just remember to pass the tapes on to your children when the times comes,and dont forget to tell them about those great memories you have of your grandfather.
They might learn something more preassuse from that then from the school

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19th, 2003, 5:43pm »

Caitland,

I believe that the mysteries of the past hold the key to the beauty inside each of us -- and that is what we pass on --it is indeed exquisite -- and thank you for both recognizing and sharing it.  That's what is all about!

PFDAN
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19th, 2003, 6:18pm »

Goose bumps here cat.
Thank you for sharing that.   wow!    

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19th, 2003, 6:22pm »

Goosebumps here to cat....got em so bad I could almost hear em growin on my arms....whata rush....good story !!! Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss