Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 11:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « UK  Work Problems for Clusterheads »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   UK  Work Problems for Clusterheads
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: UK  Work Problems for Clusterheads  (Read 394 times)
schmoo
New Board Newbie

Is there support??

Email

UK  Work Problems for Clusterheads
« on: Jan 20th, 2003, 9:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi,

my partner has suffered from clusters now for 7 years, doctors have no or little understanding of this condition and usually are quite patronising.    

He also suffers from diabetes so it is quite nerve racking for me leaving him while i go to work.. There have been times when his sugar has been very low but he can't eat as the imigran makes him throw up.....up till now he has managed to phone me at work and i can go home....but my employer is not too happy about this so i don't get paid for the time off .

We also have a 7 year old daughter (and one on the way - due in peak cluster time!!)  who neither of us really want to have to find him in a hyperglacemic coma.    

His employers are now also annoyed about the length of time being taken off due to "headaches"   The ideal situation would be to have this classed as some form of disability - has anyone managed to have it recognises as such ????    How do other sufferers cope with work arrangements and taking 8 weeks off at one time????  

Its depressing enough having to suffer these dreadful attacks (thankfully i don't) without having to be stigmatised at work also. ???
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: UK  Work Problems for Clusterheads
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2003, 11:31am »

Again, Schmoo - contact OUCH UK.  There is an employer's letter that you can print out to explain to folks at work what cluster headaches are.  It's right on the front page of their website(www.clusterheadaches.uk).

I'm sure I've read about some of them pursuing disability claims there, as well.  Great group of folks who are more than willing to help sufferers and supporters alike.

As to the diabetes, that IS a struggle for you.  Oxygen would work SO much better in this case, no real side effects to speak of and a proper diet can easily be maintained.  It's the most popular abortive out there.  Keep pushing for your partner, schmoo - it's our supporters' biggest and toughest task.  Get him some oxygen and get him seen by a cluster knowledgeable neurologist a.s.a.p.  You're his best defense when he's in cycle like this.

Hang in there!!  Smiley
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Ueli

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20th, 2003, 11:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Women! they always ask for direction, but asking another woman the direction given is often wrong.  Cheesy

Margi, update your bookmarks, the correct address is:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org.uk/

Schmoo, ask your questions on the MB of that site, they can teach you the ropes with stubborn doctors in the NHS.

PFNADs
Ueli
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20th, 2003, 12:40pm »

Hee hee hee!!!

..............jonny
IP Logged
SFChris

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20th, 2003, 3:14pm »

oh-oh....this time Ueli called out Margi!  Shocked
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 6:09pm »

Greetings schmoo!
Yes there is support to be found and its right here. You have already had some good support from some of the CH angels and I'd just like to add that you may always IM or E mail me if I can help you.
Welcome!
Wishing you peace and your partner PFDAN
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss