Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 1:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Some relief! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Some relief!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Some relief!  (Read 410 times)
Brassbear

Email

Some relief!
« on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 1:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Today I got an O2 tank. I have it set up. I used it for the first time and it WORKS for me! ;D

BUT, after using it I was lightheaded and had a dull headache that feels like a band around my head.  Undecided

Still, it feels a hell of a lot better than the beast tearing into my skull! ;D

Anybody else experience this?

Michael
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

Re: Some relief!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 1:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I got my first o2 delivered New Years eve and yes it has made a huge difference. I can abort a ha in about 5 minutes if I can catch it at the onset.  
As for that "band" feeling around your head, I haven't experienced that but I have come off the o2 and still had minor shadows but like you said, it's WAY better than letting the beast have his way.
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 7:16pm »

Bear - glad to hear that.   ;D     Haven't felt light headed afterwards, usually just relieved the pain is gone. If you're still getting shadows after the main event is over, stay on it another five minutes.
good luck
domm
IP Logged
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 7:38pm »

Yes I have felt lightheaded after taking the mask off. It just last for a minute and you get used to it.
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Ueli

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 8:50pm »

If the lightheadedness is similar to that after hyperventilation, it has probably the same reason. Breathing has two components: uptake of oxygen and getting rid of carbon dioxide. Getting as much oxygen into the blood as possible is our aim, and it has no bad side effects. However, heavy breathing gets rid of too much carbon dioxide, lowering its concentration in the blood below the normal level. This leads to some kind of dizziness or vertigo.
I know, we suck like crazy on the oxygen to abort the attack as soon as possible, but with that we exhale too much carbon dioxide. Try towards the end, and its a good idea to stay on oxygen for 5 minutes longer after the pain is gone, to breath at a rate not higher than needed.

PFNADs,
Ueli
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 5:20am »

Also, towards the end (and I do stay those few mins longer) I get all nice and peaceful and my breathing slows. Another 5 min and I'd fall asleep.
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 7:33am »

Ditto what Ueli and Ave said.

When I get hit with a heavy duty kip I can empty the 15lpm bag before it can fill, I am so intent on getting as much O2 into me as possible.  If I don't reduce the flow and calm my breathing before turning off the O2 I'll get the lightheadedness of hyperventilating.  

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss